NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

G’bye all
Posted: 04 October 2017 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  605
Joined  2016-05-03

The look of the new “forums” is appaling. I find it devoid of any aesthetic quality and certainly not conducive to any community feel. It’s bland, no signatures, character, personality, etc,.

DB has never had my confidence as a game devloper, especially one deserving of working on a Star Trek game, and it’s only been the comradery with my fleet that has kept me playing and spending (wasting) money.

My friend and fleet co-founder left the game because of DB being… well, DB.

I’m defintely leaving the “forums”. And I’m done spending money on the game and feel the time is fast approaching that I’ll leave the game too.

Despite hoping otherwise DB just can’t deliver a quality product that I feel deserving of my money or even my time. DB will never “do better” and detailing every ignored question or bad design decision or bug would take too long.

The one good thing about the new “forums” is that I won’t have to see two of the three people that used one of my posts as their signature getting my name wrong anymore. I’ll saw good-bye on these forums because the others are just blech.

LLAP

Signature 

Task Force April - Emperor and Overlord of Spaaaaace
April’s Aces - Brooding Lonely at the Top Command Officer

We’re looking for a few good lifeforms…

Visit our recruiting thread

Posted: 04 October 2017 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
[TFA] Commodore Wizzlestix - 04 October 2017 07:21 PM

It’s bland, no signatures…

Just as an aside to anyone reading the note above—you can definitely add a signature to your posts. Just a simple edit of your profile is all it takes.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 04 October 2017 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2017-04-08

I have to say, the new forum is completely lacking in style - any style. Primitive in the extreme. It seems like a huge step backwards.

Posted: 05 October 2017 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2017-06-12
Tongo Rad - 04 October 2017 09:29 PM

I have to say, the new forum is completely lacking in style - any style. Primitive in the extreme. It seems like a huge step backwards.

But can it do Chinese characters? That is the important question…