NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Question about the STT Wiki
Posted: 04 October 2017 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2016-11-28

I don’t know if this is the correct place to ask this, but I found a discrepancy between a crew member in game’s ship battle info, and the wiki. Who do I contact about this issue to help get it fixed? I couldn’t find a chat option to messages someone on the wiki, so hoping someone here knows.

Posted: 04 October 2017 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2017-08-12

Anyone can update the wiki. You just have to create an account to do so.

Which crew is it? I do update a few pages on the wiki myself and I can take a look

Posted: 04 October 2017 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-11-28
SpaceWereDragon - 04 October 2017 05:08 PM

Anyone can update the wiki. You just have to create an account to do so.

Which crew is it? I do update a few pages on the wiki myself and I can take a look

Bestselling Author Jake Sisko…  sorry about the quality of this picture, it isn’t mine, I don’t have this crew member, it’s from a fleetmate of mine. and I’m not sure if this is 1/4* star or more, but the bonus abilities have different triggers and different values.

Also, the wiki page shows he is a 4* crew, but the ship info shows 5* info

Image Attachments
BSAJake.jpgBSAJakeWiki.jpg

Posted: 04 October 2017 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2016-04-22

Hi,

I went ahead and fixed the page. In the future, you are able to (if you would like), make the change yourself. stt.wiki is a public wiki, meaning anyone can make an account. For information on how to edit the wiki, take a look here.

-Titan

Signature 

/SSR/ Titan
Star Trek Timelines Wiki - Wiki Bureaucrat

Posted: 04 October 2017 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2016-01-27

The way it was is actually correct, because his skill boosts his boost. The Bonus Ability adds +4 to his regular score. Notice the difference of the game screenshot saying “increases boost TO” and the wiki screenshot saying “increases boost BY”

That screenshot is a 1* version with base of +3, so the bonus gives him +7. I have a 2* copy with a base of +4, so the bonus ability on mine shows +8.

The only other way to do it would be to split the row into four columns and have it specify +7/+8/+9/+10

Posted: 04 October 2017 07:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-11-28
middlehead - 04 October 2017 07:00 PM

The way it was is actually correct, because his skill boosts his boost. The Bonus Ability adds +4 to his regular score. Notice the difference of the game screenshot saying “increases boost TO” and the wiki screenshot saying “increases boost BY”

That screenshot is a 1* version with base of +3, so the bonus gives him +7. I have a 2* copy with a base of +4, so the bonus ability on mine shows +8.

The only other way to do it would be to split the row into four columns and have it specify +7/+8/+9/+10

You missed that it shows two different triggers, wiki shows position, game shows cloak. Also on the same page, it shows the crew is actually a 4* quality, and the ship bonus shows it’s a 5*. So no, it wasn’t correct.

Posted: 04 October 2017 07:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-11-28
Admiral Titan - 04 October 2017 05:36 PM

Hi,

I went ahead and fixed the page. In the future, you are able to (if you would like), make the change yourself. stt.wiki is a public wiki, meaning anyone can make an account. For information on how to edit the wiki, take a look here.

-Titan

Thanks Titan, appreciate it. I would have changed it myself, but never have so I’d be afraid to mess something up even more.

Posted: 04 October 2017 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  349
Joined  2016-01-27
Scorpius - 04 October 2017 07:40 PM

You missed that it shows two different triggers, wiki shows position, game shows cloak. Also on the same page, it shows the crew is actually a 4* quality, and the ship bonus shows it’s a 5*. So no, it wasn’t correct.

I was only commenting on the Bonus Ability portion. That wasn’t clear because I rephrased a statement before I posted it and didn’t fix the first sentence to re-specify that before I submitted it.

Posted: 04 October 2017 07:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-11-28
middlehead - 04 October 2017 07:52 PM
Scorpius - 04 October 2017 07:40 PM

I was only commenting on the Bonus Ability portion. That wasn’t clear because I rephrased a statement before I posted it and didn’t fix the first sentence to re-specify that before I submitted it.

Understandable misunderstand then, no worries. However, I never mentioned about the boost values, just the trigger and the crew quality discrepancy. smile

Posted: 04 October 2017 08:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-11-28

Misunderstanding *