NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

I Love Voyages
Posted: 21 September 2017 10:59 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2016-05-05

Just wanted to have a post to say how much I love voyages. I complain fairly often about DB, and more/better explanations would have been really helpful, but this new feature drops a pile of stuff including honor, replications rations & chronitons for free! I’m not really sure I understand why people are so angry at DB over this.

That said, I’m still angry at you, DB, for not giving me any of those good deals on 10x premium pulls, so don’t think you’re getting me back as a paying customer unless you send some good deals my way.

Signature 

Thanks DB for the 10 10x premium pull for $10 deal. I’ve renewed my monthly card.

Posted: 21 September 2017 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2017-06-09

Don’t worry, it’s too good to be true right now.  You can go back to being angry with them when they nerf the rewards or increase purchase price to refill anti-matter.

Posted: 21 September 2017 11:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2016-07-12
Skizzy - 21 September 2017 10:59 AM

Just wanted to have a post to say how much I love voyages. I complain fairly often about DB, and more/better explanations would have been really helpful, but this new feature drops a pile of stuff including honor, replications rations & chronitons for free! I’m not really sure I understand why people are so angry at DB over this.

Amen.  I think they’ve been great.  It’s basically been free gear, honor, chrons, replicator rations, etc.  There is obviously a learning curve to it.

Posted: 21 September 2017 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2017-02-16

Agreed! My favorite new feature.

Signature 

Proud member of eXo.

Posted: 21 September 2017 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2017-05-02

Have to agree.

Ran my first one over night and wasn’t impressed, but after running another two I’m very happy with them.

Still some bugs, but a real help in levelling crew in the chrons you can get

Posted: 21 September 2017 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2015-12-05

I’m also a fan!

There’s still to understand a bit how it all works, but it’s a flashy and mildly entertaining new tool that gives good rewards :-D

And any new way of getting chroniton and honour is a winner, in my book.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 21 September 2017 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2016-07-26

I was skeptical of the new mode when I heard about voyages being like shuttle missions but they are not the same and after trying it I am very happy with how voyages turned out as they are fun as well as rewarding.

Good job DB

Posted: 23 September 2017 09:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-05

I still love this new feature. To me, voyages feel like a star trek game more than anything else. The log can be a little repetitive, but that’s expected. It also comes up with some funny things like androids with stomach cramps that I think make it worth checking once in a while anyway.

As for the lack of communication concerning the way voyages function, I think the fun part is figuring out how my crew and ship stats affect the voyage length. It’s part of what’s keeping me engaged. They give us plenty of data to examine to see how we can try to improve our performance the next time. If this is intended (as I hope it is) I would have liked DB to maybe make this clearer because the lack of communication is, I think, what’s caused a lot of negativity about the voyages. Obviously there are still bugs that need to be fixed, as I’ve had to immediately recall voyages where the featured skill switched after I launched, and I can’t get the correct antimatter bonus for my ship sometimes, but I am still extremely satisfied with my experience with voyages so far.

Signature 

Thanks DB for the 10 10x premium pull for $10 deal. I’ve renewed my monthly card.

Posted: 23 September 2017 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  181
Joined  2015-09-23
Skizzy - 21 September 2017 10:59 AM

That said, I’m still angry at you, DB, for not giving me any of those good deals on 10x premium pulls, so don’t think you’re getting me back as a paying customer unless you send some good deals my way.

Boy, I coulda written this exact post myself, right down to the special offers debacle.

I agree - love voyages, still boycotting the game with my wallet. Congrats DB on finally managing to go two steps forward, and like only a half step back. Progress!

Posted: 23 September 2017 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  781
Joined  2016-05-28

I would love them more if the gold/silver star stat wouldn’t change after you chose your crew.

Signature 

VIP 6 - 115 Crew Slots - 222 Immortals

Posted: 23 September 2017 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2017-08-21

Hear hear, and I’m hoping against hope there’ll be no nerf to come with regard to the chroniton rewards, they’ve made such an instant improvement to my satisfaction with gameplay in general.  Until now, honestly I’ve felt like I was never going to catch up to equipping all my crew - the crowd of characters I want to keep but have never been able to even move past level one yet, has been growing every week, and it’s usually been all I can do to add a couple of tiers to whoever’s bonus for the coming event, and maybe complete a rare for cryo to make room.  Since the voyages started the extra chrons have let me make some real progress on characters who’ve been waiting their turn for a long time, and look at new crew as potential assets, rather than just sentimental favourites who’ll never be able to contribute much in game terms.

Posted: 23 September 2017 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2017-06-15

I also want to say that voyages have added a much appreciated amount of game play.  The strategy is great, please don’t scale back the rewards or cost.  Thanks DB for the crew slots as well.  With a mega event full of essentially all brand new crew we really needed this as a player base.  Keep up the positive improvements.

Posted: 23 September 2017 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-05
McDubhagen - 23 September 2017 11:21 AM

I also want to say that voyages have added a much appreciated amount of game play.  The strategy is great, please don’t scale back the rewards or cost.  Thanks DB for the crew slots as well.  With a mega event full of essentially all brand new crew we really needed this as a player base.  Keep up the positive improvements.

I 100% concur with all of this except i assume the intent was to ask that DB not increase (rather than not scale back) the cost, which i also stand by even though i don’t necessarily intend to often (if ever) spend dil on this feature

Signature 

Posted: 23 September 2017 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2016-02-24
Ivanstone - 23 September 2017 10:23 AM

I would love them more if the gold/silver star stat wouldn’t change after you chose your crew.

It hasn’t changed for me, or not that I’ve noticed.
We should investigate this with pics and evidence.

Signature 

Check out my game achievements! Or scroll down to see my self-made character ala Star Trek Timelines design

The Haus of Gaghgagh is currently full right now. We are seeking fleet alliances though!

Posted: 23 September 2017 02:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2017-08-21

I think love is too strong a word for me but I greatly like it.  Defiance kudos to the idea . Now to work out the bugs and please leave the nerf bat in the case

Posted: 23 September 2017 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2017-06-15

You are correct Skizzy, sorry for the confusion, I messed that up, don’t want DB to scale back the rewards or increase the dil refill rates.  Thanks for catching that.  About the only problem I have had is not getting the ship bonus AM once voyage actually starts, otherwise have had no bugs and pretty much running them non stop since released.