NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 > 
Voyages - A Very Basic Guide
Posted: 22 September 2017 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12
Clanof - 22 September 2017 10:07 AM

hmmm… 70-80 dilithium might be worth the extra rewards for another hour, I might let my antimatter run down for my current voyage.

I’m decided to try one refill and I’m getting about 1 1/2 hours (I do have a good balanced strong crew this time) and still at 1400 AM left. Going to make it to the 4th Dilemma I think.

Got a 1/4 KDF Gowron whereas before I’d been only seeing 1/2/3s.

I don’t have that much saved up dil left so probably only going to do the one refresh.
(Spent all my reserves to get a 1/4 T’Mir and on half price crew slots, gonna be a while to replenish those…)

Posted: 22 September 2017 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2017-08-12

From my own experience and what I’ve read from others on here it looks like the amount of dilithium required to revive your ship is dependent on the length of the voyage thusfar and is not impacted by how many times you revive.

Signature 

Clanof (formerly known as Gingerbreadmen)

Posted: 22 September 2017 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12
Clanof - 22 September 2017 11:57 AM

From my own experience and what I’ve read from others on here it looks like the amount of dilithium required to revive your ship is dependent on the length of the voyage thusfar and is not impacted by how many times you revive.

I wonder if the anti-matter of the ship impacts it at all, like being more to refresh a Prakesh vs a BOP.

Posted: 22 September 2017 04:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2016-02-24
dearbluey - 22 September 2017 07:02 AM
Lady Gaghgagh - 22 September 2017 04:03 AM
Data1001 - 22 September 2017 02:35 AM
Lady Gaghgagh - 22 September 2017 01:43 AM

Thanks for doing this, I could have done without all the quote clutter though…

“Gee, thanks, Grandma, for the Xmas gift! It’s just what I wanted. The wrapping looked like $%#!, though.”

It’s distracting and the references aren’t 100% apparent to everyone, it’s a waste of text.

Hey, no, it’s cool.  I tend to ramble a lot IRL and wander off down all sorts of tangents.  Some people appreciate having just the facts laid out for them with no extraneous fluff, and that’s okay - especially when it’s something like this where it’s fairly new and we just haven’t been given all the data we need to make good choices.  smile

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll keep it in mind if I’m ever moved to do something like this again.

Thanks for finding the feedback worth noting. I think the quotes could actually be fine if they were made even more obvious. Italicizing isn’t enough of a marking to me to differentiate that they’re highly contextual. Maybe if you set them in a different colour? Or in a quote box?

Signature 

Check out my game achievements! Or scroll down to see my self-made character ala Star Trek Timelines design

The Haus of Gaghgagh is currently full right now. We are seeking fleet alliances though!

Posted: 23 September 2017 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-09-20

Thanks for this guide!

Everytime I recall on Facebook Gameroom I get a failed journey, while on android I get the rewards. Am I doing something wrong or does my Gameroom have a bug?

Posted: 23 September 2017 12:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  48
Joined  2014-10-08
dearbluey - 21 September 2017 10:27 AM

Recalling the Ship

“Chewie, we’re home.” -Han Solo

No matter how good your crew, no matter how powerful your ship, you will eventually have to return home from your voyage.  It’s important to know that this does not happen automatically.  Your ship will just keep on keepin’ on out into the void until you press the little button that says “Recall”.  Recalling the ship ends the voyage and starts the ship on its way back to you.  When it arrives, you get all of the rewards that it earned on its voyage.

Recalling your ship can be done at almost any time[5] and technically stops the voyage right there and then.  What happens in practice is this:

The voyage outwards stops and the ship turns around to come home.
The ship will take time to return to you, at approximately 40% of the time spent getting to where it is.  So a 2 hour voyage will take about 40ish minutes to return.  Longer voyages increase this.  This can be negated with dilithium if you desperately need the crew back earlier.
It costs zero antimatter to recall and return, so you can run down antimatter to near zero.

Why near zero and not absolute zero?  Well…

“Oh God, oh God, we’re all gonna die!” - Hoban Washburne

If you hit recall while a hazard is still being played out, the hazard will continue to resolve in the background, even if your readout says you are returning home.  This is important, because if you fail that hazard you will lose 30 antimatter even though it costs zero to get home.
So if you want to play it close to empty, have at least 31 antimatter remaining (or lets play it safer and have a couple of hundred right now) when you hit recall - just in case.  Or pay close attention to what event/hazard is going on when you hit recall.  Because if that antimatter hits zero…that’s it.  You’ve failed, even on the recall.  Do not pass go, do not collect shiny rewards.  Unless, of course, you want to spend dilithium.  Your call.

I had 67 antimatter - failed hazard, lost 30 (still had 37 antimatter), hit Recall striaght after failng hazard - FAILED… Wasn’t happy!!

Signature 

MidNiteShadow7
Producer and Host of the Tribbles in Ecstasy Podcast

Tribbles in Ecstasy is a weekly podcast dedicated to covering Star Trek Timelines, Star Trek Online and all other Star Trek news every Friday at 8pm Eastern on http://bit.ly/hsmlive and downloadable from http://TribblesInEcstasy.com

Posted: 23 September 2017 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  583
Joined  2014-12-20
MidNiteShadow7 - 23 September 2017 12:46 PM
dearbluey - 21 September 2017 10:27 AM

Recalling the Ship

“Chewie, we’re home.” -Han Solo

No matter how good your crew, no matter how powerful your ship, you will eventually have to return home from your voyage.  It’s important to know that this does not happen automatically.  Your ship will just keep on keepin’ on out into the void until you press the little button that says “Recall”.  Recalling the ship ends the voyage and starts the ship on its way back to you.  When it arrives, you get all of the rewards that it earned on its voyage.

Recalling your ship can be done at almost any time[5] and technically stops the voyage right there and then.  What happens in practice is this:

The voyage outwards stops and the ship turns around to come home.
The ship will take time to return to you, at approximately 40% of the time spent getting to where it is.  So a 2 hour voyage will take about 40ish minutes to return.  Longer voyages increase this.  This can be negated with dilithium if you desperately need the crew back earlier.
It costs zero antimatter to recall and return, so you can run down antimatter to near zero.

Why near zero and not absolute zero?  Well…

“Oh God, oh God, we’re all gonna die!” - Hoban Washburne

If you hit recall while a hazard is still being played out, the hazard will continue to resolve in the background, even if your readout says you are returning home.  This is important, because if you fail that hazard you will lose 30 antimatter even though it costs zero to get home.
So if you want to play it close to empty, have at least 31 antimatter remaining (or lets play it safer and have a couple of hundred right now) when you hit recall - just in case.  Or pay close attention to what event/hazard is going on when you hit recall.  Because if that antimatter hits zero…that’s it.  You’ve failed, even on the recall.  Do not pass go, do not collect shiny rewards.  Unless, of course, you want to spend dilithium.  Your call.

I had 67 antimatter - failed hazard, lost 30 (still had 37 antimatter), hit Recall striaght after failng hazard - FAILED… Wasn’t happy!!

Hello grin Tribbles in Ecstasy is on tonight?

Posted: 23 September 2017 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  896
Joined  2016-05-01

Well, I finally paid to refill my antimatter. 5 hours or so of decent progress. Refilled my antimatter when it ran out. 45 minutes later I’m already down to 1642 AM from 2500. I’m failing almost every single hazard.

What’s the point of bothering to pay to refill? I won’t even get another 5 hours at this rate, maybe two tops. I figured paying for the refill would let me pass the checks like I did initially. Waste of dilithium, won’t be doing that again.

Signature 

Timelines Fanfic Crew Suggestions
List of missing crew traits

Posted: 24 September 2017 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2017-06-19

Not sure if anyone has already mentioned this, but crew have to possess the command skill to go in the command slot and diplomacy to go in the diplomacy slot etc.

So if, for example, the medical skill is the “golden skill” for your voyage and you click on the command slot and select for the medical skill, it will only show you crew that have both the medical skill and the command skill that you could put in the command slot.

Posted: 25 September 2017 04:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2016-08-12

Waking up after an overnight voyage, if you open and resolve the waiting dilemma, how long can you wait for the Anti-matter to plummet to 0 before recalling. I know that it would already have run out, but how long can you leave the log updating and submit a successful recall?
I heard others say that if you leave the log view and come back a few minutes later is has already failed losing massive chunks of AM all in one go, but if you sit and watch the 30 AM count downs will you get chance to get more rewards before recalling, with rewards intact.
I guess I’m asking if you actually see a sudden drop in AM from say 1000 to 0 in one jump?

Posted: 25 September 2017 09:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  616
Joined  2016-11-29
Phd - 25 September 2017 04:26 AM

Waking up after an overnight voyage, if you open and resolve the waiting dilemma, how long can you wait for the Anti-matter to plummet to 0 before recalling. I know that it would already have run out, but how long can you leave the log updating and submit a successful recall?
I heard others say that if you leave the log view and come back a few minutes later is has already failed losing massive chunks of AM all in one go, but if you sit and watch the 30 AM count downs will you get chance to get more rewards before recalling, with rewards intact.
I guess I’m asking if you actually see a sudden drop in AM from say 1000 to 0 in one jump?

I think that was fixed and thus doesn’t happen anymore.

Posted: 25 September 2017 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2017-02-13
Phd - 25 September 2017 04:26 AM

Yes, this issue was fixed the next day actually.  The log correctly pauses now when you hit dilemma time, so sleep freely and just let it run as normal once you make your dilemma choice.  Though keep in mind that you’ll be in a new difficulty “tier” after the dilemma, so you will start dropping AM faster than whatever your previous rate was as you start failing more Hazards.

Posted: 04 October 2017 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2016-06-19

I couldn’t find the answer to this.

If I have a character with command of 700 for example, and another one with 600, but who also has the bonus trait against the crew slot, which one is best to use?

Posted: 04 October 2017 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2016-05-05
Dan Dare - 04 October 2017 11:47 AM

If I have a character with command of 700 for example, and another one with 600, but who also has the bonus trait against the crew slot, which one is best to use?

Probably the one with 700 since the bonus trait provides so little extra anti-matter, but it also depends on secondary and tertiary skills that may help balance out other skills on your voyage.

Signature 

Thanks DB for the 10 10x premium pull for $10 deal. I’ve renewed my monthly card.

Posted: 04 October 2017 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15
Dan Dare - 04 October 2017 11:47 AM

“It depends”.  The 700 will theoretically let you pass more hazards before you fail, but unclear how exactly the hazards increase in difficulty.  So no way to know if you’ll pass the same number of hazards, pass 1 more, or pass multiple more.

The trait is 25 anti-matter, that’s about a minute of extra time, or slightly less than clearing one extra hazard.  So if the +100 skill lets you clear 1 or more hazards, then the skill is worth it.  If the hazard difficulty jumps so that you pass the same number, then you want the +25 bonus.

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4