NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 > 
Voyages - A Very Basic Guide
Posted: 22 September 2017 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2016-02-24

Thanks for doing this, I could have done without all the quote clutter though…

Signature 

Check out my game achievements! Or scroll down to see my self-made character ala Star Trek Timelines design

The Haus of Gaghgagh is currently full right now. We are seeking fleet alliances though!

Posted: 22 September 2017 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2017-08-20
dearbluey - 21 September 2017 10:27 AM

So if you want to play it close to empty, have 31 antimatter remaining when you hit recall - just in case.

In theory, that’s good, but because of other bugs(?), I one got a “you will fail this voyage” message when trying to recall with 57 antimatter. I don’t know what the exact cushion should be, but I suggest closer to 70. Maybe even 100.

Posted: 22 September 2017 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
Lady Gaghgagh - 22 September 2017 01:43 AM

“Gee, thanks, Grandma, for the Xmas gift! It’s just what I wanted. The wrapping looked like $%#!, though.”

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 22 September 2017 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2015-01-20

“Success or failure is based on the skill level of whatever crewman the hazard has assigned to resolve it.”

Is it realy sure and verified that it only depends on the skill of the single Crewman or is it based on the Skill all Crewman together have?
This makes a huge difference in what crew to take; always the Best in Slot or more like the Gaunlet?!

Posted: 22 September 2017 02:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2017-06-19
Nikita Mears - 22 September 2017 02:38 AM

“Success or failure is based on the skill level of whatever crewman the hazard has assigned to resolve it.”

Is it realy sure and verified that it only depends on the skill of the single Crewman or is it based on the Skill all Crewman together have?
This makes a huge difference in what crew to take; always the Best in Slot or more like the Gaunlet?!

If you press the “i” icon in the top right corner and read the explanatory text you will see there that it states that the voyages skill levels are based on the Combined base skill + average proficiency of all your crew.

On hazards, it talks about the crew’s skill (rather than the crews’ skill) but that could easily be a typo…

Pure speculation but it seems likely that there are rolls to pass “hazards” and rolls to collect “loot” and one could be based on collective skills and another on individual skills.

[edited after re-reading DB’s words]

Posted: 22 September 2017 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  57
Joined  2015-01-20

Thx, Chance smile
But if this is the case, than this guide leads you in a wrong direction.

Posted: 22 September 2017 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2016-02-24
Data1001 - 22 September 2017 02:35 AM

“Gee, thanks, Grandma, for the Xmas gift! It’s just what I wanted. The wrapping looked like $%#!, though.”

It’s distracting and the references aren’t 100% apparent to everyone, it’s a waste of text.

Signature 

Check out my game achievements! Or scroll down to see my self-made character ala Star Trek Timelines design

The Haus of Gaghgagh is currently full right now. We are seeking fleet alliances though!

Posted: 22 September 2017 07:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2017-06-13
Lady Gaghgagh - 22 September 2017 04:03 AM

It’s distracting and the references aren’t 100% apparent to everyone, it’s a waste of text.

Hey, no, it’s cool.  I tend to ramble a lot IRL and wander off down all sorts of tangents.  Some people appreciate having just the facts laid out for them with no extraneous fluff, and that’s okay - especially when it’s something like this where it’s fairly new and we just haven’t been given all the data we need to make good choices.  smile

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll keep it in mind if I’m ever moved to do something like this again.

Posted: 22 September 2017 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2017-08-12

How much dilithium is it when you run out of antimatter?  I haven’t let my ship run out of antimatter yet but I’m wondering if it’s worth it to just spend some dilithium to keep your ship going since the rewards are better the longer you’re out there.

Signature 

Clanof (formerly known as Gingerbreadmen)

Posted: 22 September 2017 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  616
Joined  2016-11-29
dearbluey - 22 September 2017 07:02 AM

Hey, no, it’s cool.  I tend to ramble a lot IRL and wander off down all sorts of tangents.  Some people appreciate having just the facts laid out for them with no extraneous fluff, and that’s okay - especially when it’s something like this where it’s fairly new and we just haven’t been given all the data we need to make good choices.  smile

Thanks for the feedback.  I’ll keep it in mind if I’m ever moved to do something like this again.

I like those quotes. Had to google some, so I learned some extra stuff. Btw THX for putting this together. smile

Posted: 22 September 2017 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  489
Joined  2015-08-18

It’s almost… Negative…!

Great job, dearbluey.
Not easy to write this stuff.

Signature 

This Signature Is Not Approved By Disruptor Beam

Posted: 22 September 2017 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2017-06-19

I believe the amount of dilithium varies but tends to only be double figures. Someone was talking about 68 dilithium, if memory serves. I suspect it goes up after each dillema but I could be wrong.

I just finished a voyage that had medical as the “golden skill”. Because I’m light on medical skill I chose two crew for the Command slots that had medical skill. They did have the command skill as well, but it was relatively weak. The final summary said I had failed half my command rolls (mind you, it didn’t say whether the rolls were all for Hazards). It doesn’t prove anything and unfortunately I didn’t make a careful note of all the stats beforehand but…

Posted: 22 September 2017 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2016-11-30
Clanof - 22 September 2017 08:50 AM

How much dilithium is it when you run out of antimatter?  I haven’t let my ship run out of antimatter yet but I’m wondering if it’s worth it to just spend some dilithium to keep your ship going since the rewards are better the longer you’re out there.

I had my crew go out overnight the first night, not knowing most of the stuff in this excellent post. Got the failure message the next morning and message saying it would cost 71 dilithium to continue.

It would be nice if DB would comment on this post or post some equivalent guide.

Posted: 22 September 2017 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2017-03-13

For me it was smth like 78dil after 5hrs.
For end rewards 450chrons 1/4 Crew 20 4* and 40 3* replicator rations

I feel pitty for the players that wasted 1250 dil on the 500chron Packs.

Posted: 22 September 2017 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2017-08-12

hmmm… 70-80 dilithium might be worth the extra rewards for another hour, I might let my antimatter run down for my current voyage.

Signature 

Clanof (formerly known as Gingerbreadmen)

< 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4