Cadet Challenge Crew
Posted: 11 August 2017 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-08-11

I am fairly new to the game and is need of advice. Im trying to figure out what crew to keep for the cadet challenge. I dont have any of the common crew (1 *). here is a list of crew that i currently have. They are maxed out.

Promoted Siko
Ensign pazlar
lt tasha yar
cadet siko jaxa
recovery spock
cmo crusher
lt commander data
enterprise-d picard
dabo girl leeta
security chief worf
seven in blue

Posted: 11 August 2017 11:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2017-05-19
Capt. Jamie - 11 August 2017 05:28 PM

I am fairly new to the game and is need of advice. Im trying to figure out what crew to keep for the cadet challenge. I dont have any of the common crew (1 *). here is a list of crew that i currently have. They are maxed out.

Promoted Siko
Ensign pazlar
lt tasha yar
cadet siko jaxa
recovery spock
cmo crusher
lt commander data
enterprise-d picard
dabo girl leeta
security chief worf
seven in blue

Data Leeta Sito Worf and Seven are the ones off this list I use regularly for cadet challenges

Signature 

AB

Posted: 11 August 2017 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1090
Joined  2016-05-29

Firstly, welcome to the forum! You’ll want to consult DaiMon Darmok’s thread for cadets.

Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice

Posted: 12 August 2017 01:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2017-05-18

I use
Worf
Picard
Kira
Pazlar
Kes
Crusher
Wildman
Spock
Jaxa
Leta

The link above is very good info but bones no longer finishes the one node. That node is now unbeatable. Another node requires persis to hit perfectly. Im guessing that thread is just out of date. Good luck

Posted: 12 August 2017 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-05-18

For rare start collectin

Lursa
Lwaxana
Takeover Torres
Ezra/money/odo
Tpol
Kes

Those are mine.  I like having odo so for me it’s odo money and Ezri is in the freezer. Kes I already had done

Posted: 12 August 2017 04:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  279
Joined  2017-01-10
Ace Boogie - 12 August 2017 01:17 AM

For rare start collectin

Lursa
Lwaxana
Takeover Torres
Ezra/money/odo
Tpol
Kes

Those are mine.  I like having odo so for me it’s odo money and Ezri is in the freezer. Kes I already had done

That is a good/standard list.

For T’Pol you can sub in Saavik ... she has a bit lower base SCI but a good CMD/SCI combo and has better/higher SCI rolls.
Saavik is however, a bit more irritating to equip ... and T’Pol has been event crew so can serve more purpose if you have really limited space.

For Odo I currently use Tailor Garak ... because I needed to vault Odo for space. But to be honest, I think that almost any male SEC can fill the roll ... Odo is optimal if you like Arena and he has the highest base stat ... but others (Remata’Klan, Idrin, Garak etc.) have higher rolls than him.
Side note ... I’ve not taken bonuses into account due to traits, have not looked at those in detail.

Signature 

Immortalized crew count:
27×1★; 35×2★; 47×3★; 5×4★; 0×5★.

Non-FF lvl 100 crew count:
0×3★; 7×4★; 4×5★.

Posted: 14 August 2017 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  249
Joined  2017-05-19
Ace Boogie - 12 August 2017 01:17 AM

For rare start collectin

Lursa
Lwaxana
Takeover Torres
Ezra/money/odo
Tpol
Kes

Agreed, Maquis Takeover Torres is great in the cadet challenges on Sat and Sun.  So is Mara.  Those two are also valuable as the Klingon trait is bonused on some of the nodes.

Signature 

AB

Posted: 14 August 2017 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-05-18

I’ve had odo and tpol since the beginning so I just kept them going.

Odo used to be a huge favorite for ship battles. He got replaced by one of those old Klingon bastards. He is also very often non event version of event crew

Tpol is also non event version of event crew

Both are part of the magnificent seven or whatever they are called. Cards with base above 500.

I have not yet competed the 2* challenges but it’s funny how easy it was to finish rare challenges. I was able to complete them with those seven crew.

Posted: 15 August 2017 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  721
Joined  2016-09-23

Recently, I did my own analysis of all the cadet missions, to determine the minimum crew for maximum odds of success of all missions.  What I found is:

2* cadets:
Cadet Sito Jaxa
CMO Crusher
Dabo Girl Leeta
Ensign Seska
Enterprise-D Picard
Major Kira
Nurse Kes
Persis
Recovering Spock
Security Chief Worf
Seven in Blue

3* cadets:
B’Etor Duras
Expedition Vash or Private S. Money
Holodeck 3 Dr. Brahms
Lieutenant Saavik
Lwaxana Troi
Maquis Takeover Torres
Racquetball Bashir
Sniper Ezri Dax

Some notes:
1) This is not a smallest-crew list.  This is a list for best odds of success, then re-using crew as possible without compromising success rate.
2) Even this set doesn’t guarantee success on all nodes, just gives best chance.
  a) EAS 5 is the worst odds (Crusher has 69% odds on second node, Spock 90% on third node, but Crusher’s bonus means you should still pass overall).
  b) TUF 5, Leeta has 74% on second node.
  c) ACF 4, Persis has 94% on node 4.
  d) Adv TUF 5, Bashir only has 52% odds for node 3, but gets a bonus on final node to improve overall success chance (Temporal Shift Kes has slightly better odds on node 3, but no bonus on final node)
3) B’Etor can be dropped from list, if you’re willing to accept a small chance of failing the first node of AdvTUF 4
4) This is not for crit’ing nodes; it’s only for passing the base requirement.

No, this is not spam!

Posted: 15 August 2017 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  673
Joined  2016-12-08
[DoBetter] [NDQ] Joker41NAM - 15 August 2017 10:50 AM

Recently, I did my own analysis of all the cadet missions, to determine the minimum crew for maximum odds of success of all missions.

To add to this, I’d say that it’s probably not optimal for most people to keep all those crew active at once (and I don’t think you’re suggesting that).  If you use a focused leveling approach, you can move crew in an out of the vault based on what your current farming needs are.  Unless you’re constantly starved for merits, having the slots available for 4* and 5* crew will benefit you more than keeping them all active at once.

Posted: 15 August 2017 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  215
Joined  2016-04-19

My cadet roster:

2*

Sito Jaxa (could probably freeze her, don’t use her a lot)
Nurse Kes
Seven in Blue
CMO Crusher
Ensign Pazler
Lt. Tasha Yar
Security Chief Worf
Lt. Naomi Wildman

Edit: I bet I could replace both Yar AND Worf with Ensign Seska. If I needed crew slots instead of merits I’d consider this.

3*

Maquis Takeover Torres
Subcommander T’Pol
B’Tor Duras
Constable Odo
Deanna Troi
Private S. Money
Lursa Duras

Important cadets in Cryo: Ensign Seska, Ensign Sato.

This lineup has a little bit of bloat, but you can pass most of the important cadet missions.

General rule of thumb: Female/Starfleet/Alien or half-alien are the most valuable cadets.

Signature 

Adult Swim Fleet

100 crew immortalized. 44% to Kahless.

“The truth is usually an excuse for a lack of imagination” - Elim Garak