NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

‹ First  < 19 20 21
Rigged Events?
Posted: 07 August 2017 11:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 301 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15
Etienne - 07 August 2017 11:23 AM

My 2 cents.

I finished about where I normally do in the Solo Ranked Rewards ... but where I see a difference is in the Threshold Rewards… I generally place a lot higher. I will be lucky if I get one President of Earth where on average, I get 3 or 4.

The thing is… I am not going to send in an email complaint because how do I know if I am right where I should be or if I would have ranked higher if the extra points were not given out?

It would have been nice to have a President of Earth with more stars… and this will certainly effect whether I have to airlock him, as it is real difficult to justify keeping a 1/4 star guy… On the other hand, I four stared Captain Proton which is helpful in managing my limited crew slots.

So I can’t complain because I just don’t know .

It sounds like you flipped Ranked and Threshold rewards.  If you got Paris, that was the Threshold, and you slipped in ranked rewards.  That is exactly what I would expect to have occurred if other players got extra VP from the bug.  You should submit a ticket.

Posted: 07 August 2017 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 302 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  956
Joined  2016-03-18

Since folks are wondering… I sent in one ticket (trying to cut down on volume) for the two accounts that were impacted - the main and my F2P.  Since getting three shuttles, I’ve been able to hit the top 1k on my F2P with some regularity.  This event, I’m in the 2k range, which is way below average.  I’m also in the 300s on my main account, which is way below average.  I said in my ticket I’d keep Silver-Plated out of things since it’s new and wouldn’t have ranked above top 10k anyway.  There’s no question in my mind that the bug impacted 2/3 of my accounts.

Still no resolution or reply.  If I don’t hear something soon, I’m just going to cut my losses.

EDIT:  Update!  Just heard back from CS.  There was a misunderstanding.  I’ve been offered the same deal as everyone else now.

Signature 

Join the eXo|plosion today! One spot remaining!

When I’m not a VIP Hero, I’m a proud VIP 0. But I’m BronzeRose there; F2P can’t afford silver.

Also a proud member of [DCC] Dilithium Causes Cancer with monthly card Silver-Plated Rose. Because it’s hard to play three accounts without some ability to warp.

Posted: 07 August 2017 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 303 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12
[DB - Do Better] Eaglebart - 07 August 2017 09:50 AM
SvenLundgren - 07 August 2017 09:02 AM

Didn’t an event get stopped a while back when a bug was detected?

The only one i can remember to be stopped was prime directives a galaxy event, which was a complete disater. Giving error messages / crashes every other time somebody crafted something.

And by comparison this is only a partial disaster.

Posted: 07 August 2017 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 304 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2017-06-03
AviTrek - 07 August 2017 11:37 AM

It sounds like you flipped Ranked and Threshold rewards.  If you got Paris, that was the Threshold, and you slipped in ranked rewards.  That is exactly what I would expect to have occurred if other players got extra VP from the bug.  You should submit a ticket.

Yes, quite so.

I really don’t want to submit an email because how can I prove anything… DB knows better then I do if the numbers are wrong… either they will do something about it or not.

Secondly, I don’t know how many people were affected by this… likely 1000’s. Can you really see their service people being able to deal with that many emails? I doubt it. 

Sometimes… part of the game is… you just don’t win.

Posted: 07 August 2017 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 305 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2015-05-03

It’s been very interesting.

This is my best shuttle event to date.  I just got the 4th shuttle and will finish around 180-200.  I got the Arachnia from support.  At the time I was ranked around 70.  My partner was ranked at the time around 400 and got the ‘we’re sorry here’s nothing’ response.  Now she will finish around 130 as squad leader with 55,000VP from our squad.

I take the opportunity to point out how disgracefully unfair that is to the other 80%.

But I digress.  I personally am gloriously satisfied with the event.  It brings back many great memories of that first event and the livestreams, the excitement of our very first time, staying up all night for 4 nights to get that 4/4 Proton (remember when you had to choose - the good old days).  I walk away with 5/5 Arachnia with great sentimental value.  My partner also will have 5/5 without help from support so we’re happy.

The variance in those 2 responses, however, seems odd.

Posted: 07 August 2017 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 306 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2016-10-07
Etienne - 07 August 2017 11:53 AM

Yes, quite so.

I really don’t want to submit an email because how can I prove anything… DB knows better then I do if the numbers are wrong… either they will do something about it or not.

Secondly, I don’t know how many people were affected by this… likely 1000’s. Can you really see their service people being able to deal with that many emails? I doubt it. 

I strongly suggest you submit a ticket saying you belive to be affected and let db figure out what to do. At worst they say no. And the stress for cs is db’s fault by choosing this compensation method.

Posted: 07 August 2017 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 307 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15

Yes, quite so.

In general I agree with you.  The thing is DB said to submit tickets and resolution would be handled on a per-ticket basis.  That was an awful decision on their part that created this mess and added extra load on CS.  But it was their decision.  If that’s how they want to handle this, then there is no reason for you to suffer because you know better.  Submit the ticket and get what they should give you.  Either CS has the numbers to try and figure out what’s appropriate, or they have blanket compensation offers they give, but you won’t get anything without submitting a ticket, and that’s entirely DB’s choice.

Posted: 07 August 2017 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 308 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2017-05-16

Yes, quite so.

Good point!  A no win scenario is something every Starfleet Officer may face.

Posted: 07 August 2017 01:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 309 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2017-03-31

Yes, quite so.

You are presuming you have to prove something. You don’t. At this point they seem to be offering the same boilerplate compensation offer to every ticket being submitted. You literally have nothing to lose other than the time it takes to submit the ticket.

Posted: 07 August 2017 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 310 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2017-06-03
[DB - Do Better] Eaglebart - 07 August 2017 12:34 PM

Yes, quite so.

I strongly suggest you submit a ticket saying you belive to be affected and let db figure out what to do. At worst they say no. And the stress for cs is db’s fault by choosing this compensation method.

OK, I sent in a ticket as recommended, so we shall see.

Posted: 07 August 2017 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 311 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2016-12-27

I got the same offer as everyone else. I responded to the email last night within minutes of receiving it. It’s almost 9 PM Eastern Time and so far not another word.

Posted: 07 August 2017 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 312 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2017-06-23

Now been almost 60 hours since I put in my first ticket and not even an initial reply with the offer, nothing but silence. Very disappointing, DB are normally very quick to answer my tickets. Feel pretty p*ssed off right now.

Posted: 07 August 2017 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 313 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  143
Joined  2017-05-16

I just got my Janeway.  I had put the ticket in late Friday. 
They are getting a LOT of requests, so cut them some slack.  Be sure to thank them for helping you, since they are doing their best under these circumstances.  It is obvious that the volume of tickets drastically increased between Saturday and Monday morning.

Posted: 08 August 2017 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 314 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  532
Joined  2016-12-17

Submitted mine Saturday morning and got my consolation prize Monday night.

Signature 

“I am Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.”

‹ First  < 19 20 21
21 of 21