NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
Rigged Events?
Posted: 04 August 2017 12:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27
eXo | Q - 04 August 2017 12:13 AM

So yOu SaY iT’s nOt a gLiTcH iT’s jUsT I CoUlDn’t bE aRsEd TrYiNg tO gEt WiThIn tHe tOp 1k FoR tHe FiRst TiMe iN 19 MoNtH’s.

19 months? I thought you said it was the past 3 events? I’m a bit confused.

The past 19 months would be the past 70 events, give or take.

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 04 August 2017 12:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2016-10-28

So yOu SaY iT’s nOt a gLiTcH iT’s jUsT I CoUlDn’t bE aRsEd TrYiNg tO gEt WiThIn tHe tOp 1k FoR tHe FiRst TiMe iN 19 MoNtH’s.

This bug did not exist till this event. DB is not responsible for the your own incompetence.
Not to mention, the last two events were hybrids, and expeditions and galaxy give our far more points than faction sections. Not DB’s fault that you decided to boycott phase 2 of those events and lost your 1/5 as a result.

Posted: 04 August 2017 12:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2016-02-20

Lol I failed 2/4, both at 90% success, both gave me the error. I went from 66 to 32. I screen capped the first one.

Image Attachments
Screenshot_20170803-203441.pngScreenshot_20170803-213706.pngScreenshot_20170803-213833.png

Posted: 04 August 2017 12:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2017-01-10

Man! Why can’t I be that kind of failure too!

Signature 

Disruptor Beam: Killing fun since January 14, 2016…

Posted: 04 August 2017 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2016-02-20

Ultimately the formula may be correct but the servers are messing it up. It may be the case that the false fails we have all gotten, you know the constant 99% fails is being shown but for what ever reason, its governing out random points. It just keeps flashing up random points from 0,2 400 800…until you hit continue. Db, you got some work to do.

Posted: 04 August 2017 01:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  489
Joined  2015-08-18

You can skip the animations, you still get that stuff.

Signature 

This Signature Is Not Approved By Disruptor Beam

Posted: 04 August 2017 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  351
Joined  2017-02-16

Got my first 10k from a failed 4k mission

Posted: 04 August 2017 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2016-10-12

It was nice receiving VP from failed missipns while it lasted. But, that is possibly what caused this issue.

Signature 

Admiral Spear of Per Audacia Ad Astra

Posted: 04 August 2017 02:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  489
Joined  2015-08-18
Female Vulcan Q - 04 August 2017 12:26 AM

19 months? I thought you said it was the past 3 events? I’m a bit confused.

The past 19 months would be the past 70 events, give or take.

Naw, he said that he hadn’t gotten anything worse than 1000 on a shuttle event.

For the record, I haven’t ever gotten anything lower than top 1000 on shuttle events ever and we have similar roster compositions.

Signature 

This Signature Is Not Approved By Disruptor Beam

Posted: 04 August 2017 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

0/4ed 4ks, 44k honor.  Its Janeway mechanics. Fail upwards.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 04 August 2017 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this on here. I’ve felt in the past that some players have kept quiet about bugs/glitches in order to secretly go on benefiting from them. Glad to see that’s not the case here.

Hopefully DB get it fixed pretty soon.

From what I can tell this is this consistently happening on failed 4k shuttles with Janeway on.

Shame I can never get past 2250 VP shuttle then haha

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 04 August 2017 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  262
Joined  2016-12-13
Zombie Squirrel - 03 August 2017 11:47 PM
eXo | Q - 03 August 2017 11:36 PM
(FF) This Sisko1 - 03 August 2017 11:30 PM

Fyi others have seen it happening, im going to screen shot my points to see if it’s actually giving them if it happens to me. Bugs are not fun when others are paying. Last week some fails didn’t give points.

I was wondering why the last 3 events I missed the 1/5 reward for the first,second and third time I said to myself jeez Klingons are popular and competition is fierce I couldn’t understand why my rank was 1k places off the norm

Sorry, but this had nothing to do with any glitches at all. If you finished 1k ranks lower than usual 3 times in a row,  you prob did something wrong or put less effort into.

As far as i am aware of, this 10k glitch is only happening since this event. And for the Klingon month events i couldn t see any unusual scores. Of course competition was higher, cause plenty more bonus crew was involved. My main account finished as high as usual and my alt account, which never ever finished before into Top 1000, did it 3x times in a row in Klingon month.

So yOu SaY iT’s nOt a gLiTcH iT’s jUsT I CoUlDn’t bE aRsEd TrYiNg tO gEt WiThIn tHe tOp 1k FoR tHe FiRst TiMe iN 19 MoNtH’s. That’s interesting your alt which Never before makes top 1k had no issue could be your right

Oh cool, you use random capital letters in ur reply, to let it look more special. Tells a lot about urself. LOL

I only said, that the 10k glitch, which this thread is about, had nothing to do with ur Klingon month failure(s). Cause this glitch wasn t present back then. And if you refer to other things, like f.e. high percentages shuttles that fail way too often, surprise surprise this affects the hole player base and not just you(i had these issues as well during klingon month, even before and even now). But prob 1000 peeps hadn t such issues, cause otherwise how could you miss Top 1000 , 3x in a row during klingon month. smile

Maybe you didn t notice, that the days of easy, low effort top 1000 finishes for long time players with great crew are over. New passionate players enter the game every day (yes, i know this game is dead and no new ppl start to play….smile ) and catch up fast, by investing way more time and effort as many long term players. And if ppl finish higher which have a similiar rooster as urself, i can think of several reasons wich doesn t need to have included any conspiracy theories.

Set a timer every 3h. Use time boosts. Buy packs and lv event crew fast. Hand pick missions, and do the same missions with best success rate over and over(easy to do with always have max amount of missions open, so everytime you collect a shuttle and start a mission the exact same mission pops up). But i am sure as long time player you already know all this, which leads to the assumption i already stated. You didn t put enough effort into. Must be hard seeiing other players overtake urself right? But such things happens when you become to self confident and laid back.

AGAIN: The current issues this game has(and it has lots of), are the same for all players and EVERYONE is affected, NOT “JUST YOU”.

So instead using a lame poor excuse, maybe start playing more intense(again). rolleyes

P.S.: My alt is mainly monthly card only and for sure has not such a good rooster as ur main. smile

And regarding the topic:

As i stated before, i hope this new glitch get fixed very fast, cause its a huge disadvantage for players that never reach the 4k shuttles.
And i can say for myself that i don t fail 4k shuttles on purpose(but thx to constant 95%+ failures its not even necessary), but i don t blame ppl if they do.

And a big thank you towards the eXodus fleet for bringing this up. Thats true FairPlay , Kodus.

Posted: 04 August 2017 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1180
Joined  2015-05-03

The only fair resolution for this is to give everyone an Arachnia or restart the event.

I bought a fourth shuttle for this to finish my Arachnia.  Because I only got to 3500 last night I now will not be able to.  This is complete and total BS.

Posted: 04 August 2017 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  566
Joined  2016-07-07
Zombie Squirrel - 04 August 2017 04:58 AM

Oh cool, you use random capital letters in ur reply, to let it look more special. Tells a lot about urself. LOL

Pretty sure he’s not trying “to let it look more special”

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mocking-spongebob

Signature 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler’s_fallacy

“...people expect that a short run of random outcomes should share properties of a longer run, specifically in that deviations from average should balance out”

Posted: 04 August 2017 06:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2016-11-21

My last lot of shuttles came in at 3500. My next lot are all 4k.
So far I’ve only failed one mission and I didn’t check the VP as it was before I saw this. The failure was a 3.5k vp shuttle so I doubt I’ve been helped by this bug.
I’m placed 298 and 47,252vp.

What I’m getting at here is I’m about right if not higher than I expected at this stage and I doubt I’ve had an exploit boost.
I look at the leader board around me and every bodies got the sort of vp I’d expect to see.
I look at the top 50 and it looks about right to me there too.

So what if this is a display bug and you don’t actually get the VP listed?
From what I’ve seen, that sounds reasonable.

I’ll check my next lot of shuttles in and see what happens but can we start registering our VP before collecting and after and seeing if we can collaborate what’s being said?

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 21