Shuttle screens are horribly laggy
Posted: 17 July 2017 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  169
Joined  2016-07-23

These screens need some serious performance tuning ...

Definitely see the lag with 5 crew missions ... (vs 2 crew missions, for example).

However, just today, I just sent a shuttle mission ... and had to do something else ... so the screen was left on the shuttle mission screen right after clicking “Send Shuttle”, where it says “In Progress” over the crew.  I was gone for about 5 min, so my phone went to the lock screen.

When I tried to get back in .. WOW .. it took some patience and work to get the thing to respond and get my password entered so I could get back in ... the phone was SOOOO laggy.

Never had that happen any other time .. or with any other app.

I’m on a Samsung J3
Android version: 6.0.1

I’ve noticed the same lagging on that screen on the Steam version as well (less so, since my PC is much faster than my phone smile )

Posted: 18 July 2017 08:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2016-08-08

You should probably file a support ticket about that, because I have neither experienced this myself over multiple devices nor seen any other posts complaining about it.

Posted: 18 July 2017 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2016-05-18
Techelite - 18 July 2017 08:07 AM

You should probably file a support ticket about that, because I have neither experienced this myself over multiple devices nor seen any other posts complaining about it.

I was wondering about that, since I have seen this bug being mentioned several times in the forums - but never as a bug report thread, but instead always just as a side note deep in some other thread.

This definitely happens, for me and for others, on several devices (mine are on Android, Samsung Galaxy S6+S4), and becomes very apparent in every single faction event, when you try to open more than your usual 4 missions, for example to find the ones with the best odds. With about 10 missions open, opening the next one takes about 20-30 seconds on the S6, and twice as long on the S4. With more than 15 missions open it becomes unbearable, and you start doing to do other stuff while you wait for STT to finally open the next mission.

Programmatically, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that would justify this performance guzzling.

EDIT: damn, I was talking about a different problem it seems -.-
mine happens regularly and reproducibly every time you open a new transmission. Yours I haven’t actually seen or heard of before.

Posted: 19 July 2017 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2016-08-08
Crunch - 18 July 2017 10:52 AM
Techelite - 18 July 2017 08:07 AM

I was wondering about that, since I have seen this bug being mentioned several times in the forums - but never as a bug report thread, but instead always just as a side note deep in some other thread.

This definitely happens, for me and for others, on several devices (mine are on Android, Samsung Galaxy S6+S4), and becomes very apparent in every single faction event, when you try to open more than your usual 4 missions, for example to find the ones with the best odds. With about 10 missions open, opening the next one takes about 20-30 seconds on the S6, and twice as long on the S4. With more than 15 missions open it becomes unbearable, and you start doing to do other stuff while you wait for STT to finally open the next mission.

Programmatically, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that would justify this performance guzzling.

EDIT: damn, I was talking about a different problem it seems -.-
mine happens regularly and reproducibly every time you open a new transmission. Yours I haven’t actually seen or heard of before.

Exactly. Your problem I have noticed myself. OP’s appears new.