3-crew bare minimum set for mastering all(*) epic Sat+Sun challenges
Posted: 17 July 2017 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2016-05-18

Checking the stats of all 69 existing 3* crews, I managed to put together a set of just 3 who can master all (but one) of the epic challenge missions for both Sat and Sun:
* Gilora Rejal
* Lursa Duras
* Sniper Ezri Dax
These three give you the following guaranteed minimum stats (not taking into account bonus nodes, or required double-activations):
* CMD 564
* DIP 358
* ENG 376
* SEC 429
* SCI 535
* MED 453
So with just these 3 gals you can play all 10 missions on Epic…well, except Breakwater, where it’s only enough for Elite.

(Disclaimer: These 3 are NOT enough to get all rare rewards! Just for maximum flexibility/number of playable missions with minimal crew. And for I think 2-3 missions you may need to fail a reward node, or at least play it on yellow).

If you do want to ensure all Epic missions, you might want to include Lwaxana Troi and possibly Commander Kruge (the reason being they’re the only 3*‘s which have 65% in one or more of the Gauntlets).
Now some of you also like to keep Odo around for the PVP battles, which I don’t really care about, as I have the reward ships already maxed. However, the roster will again become quite crowded with 6 people then.
So my plan is to probably ONLY keep the 3, and maybe unfreeze Lwaxana and/or Kruge on demand (=when the correct gauntlet launches).
You rarely need to be able to master ALL epic missions all the time anyway, as one usually takes the weekend challenges as an opportunity to farm specific items, and the epic branch doesn’t have that many useful ones.

I tested those three (plus Lwaxana) this weekend. Unfortunately I didn’t take note which were the critical missions (=ending up with a yellow final node, due to failed intermediate nodes). But I seem to remember that the only mission that is truly not possible without Lwaxana is Breakwater (where Lwaxana even gets a double bonus, so her minimum stats for the final node are 715 of the required 500…).
But maybe some of you would like to experiment?

UPDATE: see below - can’t add it here due to incompetent spam filter.

Posted: 17 July 2017 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1655
Joined  2016-09-02

Saavik, Torres and Ezri is another combination, alas with some unreliable reward nodes as well, specifically SEC, which is why i keep Money around as well.

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 17 July 2017 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2017-02-07

Minimum stats alone don’t indicate if the a crew will complete the missions, as sometimes it’s very hard not to use a crew on consecutive missions, such as lots of SEC-SEC options on weekends. Have you checked which of these three crew will be exhausted but necessary?

Posted: 17 July 2017 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  963
Joined  2016-06-15

Agreed.  Looking at the SEC and ENG numbers, I doubt it would clear Flesh and Blood.

A combination that will work for Flesh and Blood and The Coming Storm are: Ezri, Mara, and Torres.

Posted: 23 July 2017 01:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18

UPDATE (need to add as separate post due to incompetent spam filter):
Here is a more detailed analysis for just Gilora/Lursa/Ezri:
Saturday: 1-3 have green final nodes, even in worst case
1 green path
2 yellow non-reward node 64% (3rd node, use Ezri!)
3 yellow reward 68% (1st node), yellow reward 89% (3rd, use Lursa!)
4 yellow reward 85% (1st, use Lursa), skip reward (4th, do NOT use Ezri!), yellow final (74% for 1x +24 penalty)
5 yellow reward 49% (Ezri 1st node), yellow reward 81% (Lursa 3rd), yellow non-reward 92% (Lursa 4th), red/yellow final (16% with NO penalty, but chance that at least one penatly: 63% => 6%)
On Elite, #5 has a green path
Sunday: all 5 final nodes green, even in worst case
1 green path
2 green path
3 skip non-reward (1st node), green path
4 yellow reward node 75% (4th node)
5 yellow non-reward node 9% (1st), yellow reward node 11% (2nd), yellow non-reward node ?% (4th, Ezri), green final

p377y7h33f - 17 July 2017 11:50 AM

Saavik, Torres and Ezri is another combination, alas with some unreliable reward nodes as well, specifically SEC, which is why i keep Money around as well.

Nice catch! This seems like a very useful combination, too. From the stats alone it seems slightly better:
COM 499-577 (worse than 564-...)
DIP 358-528
ENG 506-610 (much better than 376-...)
SEC 429-535
SCI 564-708 (slightly better than 535-...)
MED 453-535
I haven’t checked this for traits or repeat uses, though. I might (or might not) do this next week - unless you already looked into it? Which Epic missions are guaranteed with this team?

Keithustus - 17 July 2017 02:18 PM

Minimum stats alone don’t indicate if the a crew will complete the missions, as sometimes it’s very hard not to use a crew on consecutive missions, such as lots of SEC-SEC options on weekends. Have you checked which of these three crew will be exhausted but necessary?

I have now wink see my update above.

AviTrek - 17 July 2017 03:27 PM

Agreed.  Looking at the SEC and ENG numbers, I doubt it would clear Flesh and Blood.

A combination that will work for Flesh and Blood and The Coming Storm are: Ezri, Mara, and Torres.

All final Sunday nodes are green for Gilora/Lursa/Ezri. Flesh and blood has one reward node @75% chance. The Coming Storm is a bit tougher, see above.

Ezri/Mara/Torres seems otherwise like a decent combination, too. Do you have a more detailed analysis concerning individual missions? I think they will for example fail Breakwater as miserably as Gilora/Lursa/Ezri.

Also, this is not spam.

Posted: 24 July 2017 04:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1136
Joined  2016-05-29

EDIT TO REVISE: I was groggy and missed that this was a thread about clearing ALL Epic nodes, not just paring down to a single trio to be used on both days. Reading comprehension is not always a strength of mine at 4:00 in the morning, y’all. Carry on.

Signature 

Fleet Recruitment Info: Attack of the Crohn’s
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 24 July 2017 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  29
Joined  2014-07-01

The only Sunday Epic worth farming is the last epic mission for the highest valued rep rations in my opinion.  Start with that and work it back for Saturday.

Posted: 24 July 2017 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2016-11-21
[KM] Videm - 24 July 2017 10:34 AM

The only Sunday Epic worth farming is the last epic mission for the highest valued rep rations in my opinion.  Start with that and work it back for Saturday.

That’s easy. Start with Klingon Dukat and the other crew don’t matter. Any two aliens will do as even if you fail all the nodes, Dukat will ace it.

I find the one just before more useful tho. Almost as many replication points but smaller individual value so you can use them for basic items without waste

Posted: 24 July 2017 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  759
Joined  2016-05-28
[KM] Videm - 24 July 2017 10:34 AM

The best mission is the one that gives you the loot you need the most.

I needed 2* Encoded Communiques and I didn’t feel like thawing out Lwaxana so I did mission 3 instead.

In general, I find that I don’t do epic missions that often for ACF or TUF because alot of the interesting loot is not there.

Signature 

VIP 6 - 105 Crew Slots - 210 Immortals

Posted: 24 July 2017 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
Ivanstone - 24 July 2017 11:34 AM

The best mission is the one that gives you the loot you need the most.

I needed 2* Encoded Communiques and I didn’t feel like thawing out Lwaxana so I did mission 3 instead.

In general, I find that I don’t do epic missions that often for ACF or TUF because alot of the interesting loot is not there.

Agreeing with all of this.

So assuming you already have all the stars (or don’t care), and also don’t really care about the Commander Divison arena, you can choose from several minimal sets of 3 to cover the whole weekend, and don’t need to waste any more crew space.

Posted: 29 July 2017 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3146
Joined  2016-01-30

Thanks Crunch.
I tried it this weekend and it worked. Note, I kept 4 crew so I can do Breakwater. I was able to send several unnecessary male crew to Vault. Every slot helps smile

Posted: 29 July 2017 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1270
Joined  2017-01-08

Thanks for this. I haven’t made this much of a priority, since it’s just 2 days out of the week, but recently I leveled up my Lwaxana, and this weekend found that she helped me clear a couple of Epic missions that I wasn’t able to do before.

But I’ll have to work on Sniper Ezri next, I suppose (currently at lvl 50)... and stop airlocking Gilora whenever she shows up. wink

For now, however, every time a Duras sister drops, I’ll be using them to FF my sister duo, so that one will have to wait…

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 30 July 2017 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2017-06-12

This was extremely helpful. I had all 25 rare females, and most are in the 40-60 range, with Torres and T’Pol being immortalized. I had no idea what combination was going to be the most useful, so now I can probably level and vault all but 5 to clear up some slots. Thank you.

Posted: 30 July 2017 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  122
Joined  2016-08-07

Crunch, thank you for getting the ball rolling on this. That said, I will join those who are confirming that Sniper Ezri, while a solid multi-tasker in terms of her ambidextrous stat distribution, regrettably does not roll high enough for comfort on many Epic difficulty nodes. It’s usually a bit of a gamble, and I feel like I’m frequently scraping by. I too am relying on Saavik, as Gilora is not FF for me.

Signature 

Fleet Officer - Task Force April
Squadron Leader -  [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs

Posted: 30 July 2017 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  485
Joined  2015-08-18

It also ends up depending on what you want to mine on Saturdays.

I usually am doing bloodwine and earrings, so I can carve down the crew to Saavik, B’Elanna and B’Etor with a side of Ezri.

Signature 

This Signature Is Not Approved By Disruptor Beam