< 1 2
Guesses about the 7/27 Klingon Event Crew
Posted: 17 July 2017 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2016-02-20

Klingon Sisko!!! I bet a changeling martok will be in one.

Posted: 17 July 2017 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  701
Joined  2016-07-18
Fresh - 17 July 2017 04:09 PM
Dralix - 17 July 2017 04:00 PM
Fresh - 17 July 2017 03:53 PM

If DB, DB’s then Gowron will remain missing and we will get a new chancellor. Martok seems obvious so I’m going to say we get a non canon choice like…Chancellor Worf.

Sorry, that would be canon.  Worf was Chancellor after he killed Gowron, and before he abdicated to Martok.

I don’t get upset about non canon crew so I’m all for it. But I don’t think thats technically correct what you said. Killing the Chancellor does not automatically make you the chancellor. You have to go through the “right of succession”. I’m sure a Klingon expert will correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember that is how it works. Otherwise the chancellor would spend 24 hours a day in physical combat from every dope who thinks he would make a better chancellor. ;-P

It’s somewhat ambiguous, particularly because of a deleted scene didn’t make it into the episode. From the script:

EZRI: To Chancellor Worf.

WORF: My reign was… brief.

EZRI: Kahless also said, “A leader is judged not by the length of his reign but by the decisions he
makes.” And your decision may have been one of the greatest in Klingon history. I’m proud of you, Worf.

EZRI: So… how did it feel to stand on the mountaintop? To know that for that moment, the entire Klingon Empire lay at your feet?

WORF: In truth… all I could think of was my father. I wish he could’ve known that his son became chancellor… even if only for a moment.

EZRI: I think he knows… and so does Jadzia.

There’s some earlier dialogue that did make it in between Worf and Martok where Worf urges Martok to kill Gowron, saying the High Council would have no choice but to ratify him as chancellor; Martok rejects it out of hand. At the very least, Worf had a very good claim to the chancellorship, having killed Gowron, and was acclaimed by the officers in that room (including Martok, who was the Empire’s leading general in the war vs. the Dominion). There’s no doubt the writers intended Worf to briefly be chancellor, and I think there’s no doubt that he was at least “acting chancellor”. If he weren’t, by what right could he confer the title to Martok?

Posted: 17 July 2017 04:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  701
Joined  2016-07-18
(FF) This Sisko1 - 17 July 2017 04:23 PM

Klingon Sisko!!! I bet a changeling martok will be in one.

I’m more than a little disappointed that we still don’t have Klingons Sisko, O’Brien and Odo.

“Brag all you want! Just don’t get between me… and the blood wine!”

Posted: 17 July 2017 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2016-06-04

If DB, DB’s then Gowron will remain missing and we will get a new chancellor. Martok seems obvious so I’m going to say we get a non canon choice like…Chancellor Worf.

Sorry, that would be canon.  Worf was Chancellor after he killed Gowron, and before he abdicated to Martok.

I don’t get upset about non canon crew so I’m all for it. But I don’t think thats technically correct what you said. Killing the Chancellor does not automatically make you the chancellor. You have to go through the “right of succession”. I’m sure a Klingon expert will correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember that is how it works. Otherwise the chancellor would spend 24 hours a day in physical combat from every dope who thinks he would make a better chancellor. tongue wink

Hail, Worf, Leader of the Empire!

So, yeah, he was the Chancellor- and draped in the ceremonial vestments.  Likewise, he could not have abdicated/handed the Chancellorship to Martok if he was NOT the Chancellor, now could he?

As far as the succession, it was addressed back in TNG when Riker was on his exchange program- you can only challenge a superior if there is a valid claim- cowardice, dereliction of duty, etc…  You can’t just challenge because you want to get another “pip” or better sleeping quarters.  (Well, not validly challenge- i.e., you wouldn’t be promoted in place of the p’taQ you just splashed.)

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  401
Joined  2017-03-27

I vote for Ler’at in week four

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus
April’s Aces, Squad Morale Officer

Visit our recruiting thread

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1906
Joined  2014-04-18

Most likely = Dahar Master Koloth (don’t really care what mix of security / command / diplomacy is since I have so much Klingon of all of them now)

What I’d might participate for in a hybrid galaxy next week:

—Chancellor Martok
—Chancellor Km’pec
—Chancellor Gorkon
—Barge of the dead Torres (why not 3 in a row?)
—Changeling Martok

I’m way more hopeful / interested in a future Vulcan mega event with Surak / Kir’shara Archer / a new 4* Spock / a not creepy 5* T’pol / T’pring / T’pel / Vulcan zombies from the Delphic expanse / etc.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2016-05-29

I’m hoping for Risa Vacation Worf, with the following sound clips:

“Starfleet uniforms are designed for comfort even in the most extreme environments.”
“We have much to discuss.”
“Do not hug me!”
“I will do as I please! I am on vacation.”

Image Attachments
Star_Trek_DS9_Let_He_Who_Is_Without_Sin_Jadzia_Worf.jpg
 Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2017-03-24

I’d really like to see a Chancellor Martok.

Posted: 17 July 2017 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2016-03-30
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 17 July 2017 04:25 PM

I don’t get upset about non canon crew so I’m all for it. But I don’t think thats technically correct what you said. Killing the Chancellor does not automatically make you the chancellor. You have to go through the “right of succession”. I’m sure a Klingon expert will correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to remember that is how it works. Otherwise the chancellor would spend 24 hours a day in physical combat from every dope who thinks he would make a better chancellor. tongue wink

It’s somewhat ambiguous, particularly because of a deleted scene didn’t make it into the episode. From the script:

EZRI: Kahless also said, “A leader is judged not by the length of his reign but by the decisions he
makes.” And your decision may have been one of the greatest in Klingon history. I’m proud of you, Worf.

EZRI: So… how did it feel to stand on the mountaintop? To know that for that moment, the entire Klingon Empire lay at your feet?

WORF: In truth… all I could think of was my father. I wish he could’ve known that his son became chancellor… even if only for a moment.

There’s some earlier dialogue that did make it in between Worf and Martok where Worf urges Martok to kill Gowron, saying the High Council would have no choice but to ratify him as chancellor; Martok rejects it out of hand. At the very least, Worf had a very good claim to the chancellorship, having killed Gowron, and was acclaimed by the officers in that room (including Martok, who was the Empire’s leading general in the war vs. the Dominion). There’s no doubt the writers intended Worf to briefly be chancellor, and I think there’s no doubt that he was at least “acting chancellor”. If he weren’t, by what right could he confer the title to Martok?

thanks for posting - what a great episode that was!

Posted: 17 July 2017 08:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2016-03-30
Travis S McClain - 17 July 2017 07:21 PM

“Starfleet uniforms are designed for comfort even in the most extreme environments.”
“Do not hug me!”

Those are some terrific quotes…but wouldn’t a Risa Worf HAVE to look like this??

Posted: 17 July 2017 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
das411 - 17 July 2017 08:41 PM
Travis S McClain - 17 July 2017 07:21 PM

“Do not hug me!”

Those are some terrific quotes…but wouldn’t a Risa Worf HAVE to look like this??

You make a compelling argument.

Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:

Posted: 17 July 2017 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3064
Joined  2016-01-30
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 17 July 2017 04:25 PM

and this reason 10,000,001 why I prefer DS9. They squeezed so much into those episodes that it was inevitable that some good stuff would get left out. TNG would have had Riker telling Worf to shut up or something adding to the Worf gets pwnd stockpile of clips.

Posted: 17 July 2017 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2017-02-13

I’m more curious what the last event makeup is.  They were interestingly closed-mouth in the original thread just what the last event will be.  Just said “hybrid”.  Could we possibly be getting something new?  Am I too hopeful?

Posted: 17 July 2017 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Magisse - 17 July 2017 11:14 PM

I’m more curious what the last event makeup is.  They were interestingly closed-mouth in the original thread just what the last event will be.  Just said “hybrid”.  Could we possibly be getting something new?  Am I too hopeful?

We’ve never had an Expedition/Galaxy (or Galaxy/Expedition) hybrid, so that would technically qualify as something “new”, I guess.

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 17 July 2017 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  250
Joined  2017-02-13
Travis S McClain - 17 July 2017 11:22 PM
Magisse - 17 July 2017 11:14 PM

We’ve never had an Expedition/Galaxy (or Galaxy/Expedition) hybrid, so that would technically qualify as something “new”, I guess.

Yeah, not what I meant.  C’mon, these are Klingons!  It’s time to break out some funky new multi-ship battle craziness!

< 1 2
2 of 2