Duras Sisters Drop Rate
Posted: 16 July 2017 11:41 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2017-05-18

Since I started playing I always airlocked these two over and over. When the Saturday event came out I started waiting for the drop and i finally got a my first Lursa today. Now I find out that they fuse. Anyone else feel like they drop less than they used to?

Obviously it’s just RNG and u can’t go by feel but I must have dumped at least 20 of each in the last year

Anyone know which one to level first. With tuvix it was neelix

Based on crew cost evaluator it looks like Lursa should be the one

Posted: 16 July 2017 11:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  998
Joined  2016-05-29

I’ve been tracking my portal pulls since 1 January:

382 Premium Time Portal crew/schematics
  3 Lursa Duras
  2 B’Etor Duras

One of each of them turned up in the Steam Starter Pack pulls I got yesterday, so until then I’d only pulled two Lursas and one B’Etor all year.

Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice

Posted: 17 July 2017 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  446
Joined  2016-04-17

Got the steam 10 pack deal, only one of each sister in all those.

Wrote a full post of results but it was eaten by spam filter and cbf writing it up again

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.

Posted: 17 July 2017 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  622
Joined  2016-05-18

Same here, ONE Lursa from the 10 Steam packs (in addition to 5 4*‘s I didn’t have before, now uselessly blocking 5 slots… x-P ). Fortunately I did get 2 B’Etors in I think 3-4 (event) packs before that, so I was able to use an honorable citation and now got my first sister pair :o)

But I do seem to remember that these two dropped so ridiculously often in the past that I was wondering why that is - unfortunately I never tried to fuse them before (assuming this Easter Egg wasn’t introduced recently, and just remained undiscovered).

Posted: 17 July 2017 04:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2016-02-20

I wouldn’t blame them if they decreased the rates. Early on that’s all you got from pulls. Easily one of the most hated pulls would be when they were both in a single 10x.  So many of them have been airlocked….year and half later they are useful again.

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  911
Joined  2016-06-15

I doubt any 3* is waited heavier than another 3*.  But with 69 rare crew, it takes a lot of pulls before you’d approach anywhere close to even distributions, so RNG will be a factor.

Initially the 3* crew were much fewer, then DB added a bunch of 3* crew.  So the odds of getting a specific 3* crew originally was much higher than it is now.

Posted: 17 July 2017 08:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29

For some context, here are all the Rare crew members that I have pulled from 3012 total portal items throughout 2017 to date. Totals are combined from Standard and Premium pulls. Lursa and B’Etor, as well as Neelix and Tuvok, are on the low end of the list (3, 2, 2, and 1, respectively).

10 Koloth

8 Holodeck 3 Dr. Brahms

7 Prisoner ‘Bones’ McCoy
7 Richard Castillo
7 Surgeon Phlox
7 Temporal Shift Kes

6 Ambassador Fox
6 Captain Dathon
6 Commander Kor
6 Ensign Crusher
6 Lieutenant Saavik
6 Sniper Reed
6 Vedek Winn Adami

5 Ensign Robin Lefler
5 Ensign Vorik
5 Hugh
5 Idrin
5 Lt Commander Nella Daren
5 Lwaxana Troi
5 Mara
5 Mirror ‘Smiley’ O’Brien
5 Racquetball Bashir
5 Subcommander T’Pol

4 Acting Nagus Brunt
4 Boxer Chakotay
4 Chief Engineer La Forge
4 CMO Ogawa
4 Commander Kang
4 Commando Crusher
4 Duelist Barclay
4 Groundskeeper Boothby
4 Morn
4 The Viceroy

3 Command Wrap Kirk
3 Commander Kruge
3 Commander Maddox
3 Commander Scott
3 Donik
3 Gilora Rejal
3 Keevan
3 Klingon Dukat
3 Lursa Duras
3 Maquis Takeover Torres
3 Mora Pol
3 Private S. Money
3 Rescuer Tucker
3 Rifle Janeway
3 Sniper Ezri Dax
3 Writer Jake Sisko

2 Ambassador Neelix
2 B’Etor Duras
2 Commander Chekov
2 Doctor Selar
2 Dr. Reyga
2 Ensign Mendon
2 Expedition Vash
2 First Maje Culluh
2 Hockey Kim
2 Senator Cretak
2 Tailor Garak

1 Captain Kasidy Yates
1 CMO Pulaski
1 Deanna Troi
1 Dr. Carol Marcus
1 Hockey Paris
1 Security Chief Tuvok
1 Third Remata’Klan

0 Constable Odo
0 Jazz Musician Riker

Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:

Posted: 17 July 2017 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  911
Joined  2016-06-15

Lursa is tied for 34 which is the median for 69 crew.  B’Etor is only 1 copy behind that.  Both are well within what would be expected for a random distribution of 69.

Posted: 17 July 2017 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
AviTrek - 17 July 2017 09:35 PM

Lursa is tied for 34 which is the median for 69 crew.  B’Etor is only 1 copy behind that.  Both are well within what would be expected for a random distribution of 69.

It occurs to me that I should have been clearer that all I meant about Lursa and B’Etor (and Neelix and Tuvok) being on the low end of the list was simply that anyone scanning for their names would find them nearer the bottom. I also put Lursa and B’Etor in bold to better call attention to them. (Didn’t bold Neelix and Tuvok, though, for reasons I can’t now recall.)

But, yeah, statistically, there’s nothing unusual about the distribution of Lursa or B’Etor. Neelix (2) and Tuvok (1) strike me as more noteworthy. Of course, the outliers of Koloth (10) and Odo & Riker (0 apiece) are the most conspicuous. Seriously, how is it that a Riker of all characters is at 0?!

Signature 

Advice Threads: