< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
Key information about the event: The Heart of the Empire - 07/20
Posted: 12 July 2017 10:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  298
Joined  2016-07-03

Woah, Kang’s the 5*!?!
I coulda swore I read notes that had him at 4* before.

Man, I said I’d whale hard for him. I guess DB’s calling me on that! LOL

Posted: 13 July 2017 07:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2016-10-21
Papinka - 12 July 2017 01:53 PM

Holding out hope that Klingon Torres is from Barge of the dead and not the Sulan version.

Ooh!  I had been thinking it would be from Prophecy ... but now I want the Sulan version!

Posted: 14 July 2017 07:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  440
Joined  2015-09-25

I’m gutted I won’t be able to complete the set of FF Dahar Masters. There’s no rational reason for them to be different rarities, especially since their 23rd century versions all exist in-game at the same rarity level. Do we really need another Torres so soon? Couldn’t you give out Antaak or Kurak, or create a SCI/ENG Korath, for example?

Signature 

Fleet member - Quark’s Holosuite

Posted: 14 July 2017 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  113
Joined  2017-03-07
eXo | Spirithawke - 12 July 2017 04:16 PM

Also kinda weird for an expedition to have no known characters who can get event bonus on science, engineering or medical nodes + TBD on epic diplomacy.

If they do like they did last time, and have RNG removed from nodes, that will not really be much of an issue.

Antaak (Aflack!!) And Kurak both have klingon bonus, probably some others. Many good klingon eng crew also.

Seems almost guaranteed that any version of Torres is going to have some engineering on it so the event Torres is going to have engineering?

Posted: 14 July 2017 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1926
Joined  2014-04-18
LoPan - 14 July 2017 05:04 PM
eXo | Spirithawke - 12 July 2017 04:16 PM

Also kinda weird for an expedition to have no known characters who can get event bonus on science, engineering or medical nodes + TBD on epic diplomacy.

If they do like they did last time, and have RNG removed from nodes, that will not really be much of an issue.

Antaak (Aflack!!) And Kurak both have klingon bonus, probably some others. Many good klingon eng crew also.

Seems almost guaranteed that any version of Torres is going to have some engineering on it so the event Torres is going to have engineering?

Just a reminder that the last mega event hybrid expedition had the following crit multipliers:

Bonus crew = 50% bonus = 1,500 per epic node
Event crew = 100% bonus = 2,000 per epic node
All other crew = 1,000 per epic node

I’m pointing out that there are a lot of node skills (at least 50%) that have literally no way to hit event crew 100% bonus.  Last time we had event crew with useless diplomacy skills as well.  How would folks feel if theoretically no expedition nodes were security and no 100% bonus crew were available for epic Diplomacy / Medical / Science AND Engineering?

I’m just worried expeditions (my favorite event type) are going to get a(nother) kick in the pants due to this scenario.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 16 July 2017 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  372
Joined  2016-06-19

Holding out hope that Klingon Torres is from Barge of the dead and not the Sulan version.

I hope not. I want that Torres to match my Sulan card.

Posted: 16 July 2017 11:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  162
Joined  2017-05-18

IMHO would have made Kor the legendary

Posted: 17 July 2017 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  432
Joined  2016-01-21

This Torres (I’m assuming that’s Torres) looks like the real Torres and Quark had a grown son. Good times.

Kang looks really solid though.

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2017 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2016-07-18

Kang looks great.

I’m not sure why poor Torres keeps drawing the short straw in terms of the versions they pick. Outside of Maquis Takeover Torres, none of her versions actually look all that good.

Posted: 17 July 2017 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  797
Joined  2015-10-25

I saw that post on Facebook and wondered who the guy on the left was.

I didn’t know it was supposed to be Torres until I just read it here.

Yikes.

Posted: 17 July 2017 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2017-03-12

Holy crap. Without knowing Torres would be an event crew would not have recognized “her” in this one. Together with Blood Oath Dax the worst drawing imho…

Posted: 17 July 2017 06:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1926
Joined  2014-04-18

Anyone else worried that that is Torres (who was probably drawn by whoever did captain Nog) may have Sulan’s harvester?  A medical Torres from an episode where she just laid on the table as a medical experiment would be odd.

That said… she will join Captain Nog and Klingon Neelix in the airlock anyway.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 17 July 2017 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27

I’m betting that this is the Torres from Faces, when she was split into a Klingon version and a Human version by Vidiians.

If true, I’m also willing to bet that the…unorthodox interpretation of Torres is probably due to the fact that there is no clear shot from the front of that version of Torres on Memory Alpha.

It seems like the majority of character art in Star Trek Timelines is derived from screencaps from Memory Alpha.

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 17 July 2017 06:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  840
Joined  2016-12-08
Female Vulcan Q - 17 July 2017 06:49 PM

I’m betting that this is the Torres from Faces, when she was split into a Klingon version and a Human version by Vidiians.

Most definitely.

Female Vulcan Q - 17 July 2017 06:49 PM

If true, I’m also willing to bet that the…unorthodox interpretation of Torres is probably due to the fact that there is no clear shot from the front of that version of Torres on Memory Alpha.

It seems like the majority of character art in Star Trek Timelines is derived from screencaps from Memory Alpha.

Maybe not Memory Alpha exclusively, but yeah, a lot of the art seems to be taken from screencaps that are readily available, Memory Alpha being a great source.

The thing is though, as much as people are saying that they don’t like the art - it looks very much like Klingon Torres did in that episode.

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2016-07-18
Dralix - 17 July 2017 06:58 PM

The thing is though, as much as people are saying that they don’t like the art - it looks very much like Klingon Torres did in that episode.

Assimilated Torres and Liaison Torres and Duelist Torres are all accurate to Voyager, too. I’m just saying that if I played a Star Trek regular for seven seasons, I’d hope the versions of me that popped in this and other games were from more flattering moments.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 7