NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Failed Event Ideas (Humorous)
Posted: 30 June 2017 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2017-01-16

Well the server is down so might as well post this:

I was thinking the other day how many events there are in this game and how many storylines the writers must have to come up with before one is decided upon. It might be funny to think of some of the terrible ideas that got rejected along the way. In my mind here are some terrible storylines for events that might have gotten rejected.

Rejected STT events:

Event name: “Even The Ugly Can Find Love”
Event Description: Help Neelix, Tuvix, and Yarnek find love for Valentine’s Day. Whether it be from an artificial intelligence or simply a hologram, almost anything will do.
Event crew: Neelix in a tuxedo, Tuvix in workout clothes, and Yarnek on the beach.

Event name: “1980’s Night”
Event Description: Starfleet decides to have a throwback event to celebrate the 1980’s.
Event crew: Kira in sweatbands and leg warmers, Wesley tries to be cool with a fanny pack, and Morn goes retro with acid washed jeans, night sunglasses, a popped up shirt collar and a boom box on his shoulder.

Event name: “Wrong Occupation”
Event Description: Q has already messed with the timelines but now decides to mess it up even further by forcing certain characters to do 20th century occupations they were clearly unfit for. Will they fail or thrive in their new occupations?
Event crew: Kindergarten Teacher Worf, Rapper Data, Flight attendant Quark, and Gowron the shoe salesman.

Event Name: “Halloween Night”
Event Description: Q has messed with everything again, this time he created a strange way to celebrate Halloween whereby characters come dressed as another. The best costume will win a prize. Will it be enough?
Event Crew: Picard dressed up as Beverly Crusher, Worf dressed up as Spock, Wesley dressed up as Khan.

All rejected storylines that never could have made it to become a Timelines event. Anyone have any other funny ideas for possibly rejected storylines?

Posted: 30 June 2017 11:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
Delvik - 30 June 2017 11:58 AM

Removed.

Aww… sorry to see you took the post down. I thought it was brilliant! Don’t know if I could have come up with anything quite as funny, but I was willing to give it a shot. wink

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 01 July 2017 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-16

Very kind of you, thank you for the reply! smile

Posted: 01 July 2017 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2017-02-13

Aw man, now I’m sorry I missed it.  Why’d you remove?

Posted: 02 July 2017 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-16

Originally I tried to delete it and I was going to work on it more and repost it later, but it did not seem possible for me to delete it. I thought if I just deleted the main message one of the mods would simply remove it for me. Apparently that didn’t happen either lol and I realized this post seemed stuck here.

Now the server is down and I’m killing time. So, I’ll just post the original message, maybe I’ll rework it later if I get the chance, or maybe not. I wrote all of it from my phone while I was bored and killing time.

Posted: 09 July 2017 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2017-02-13

How about these:

Event name: “Keeping up with the Cardassians”
Event Description: A trio of Cardassian women relive their recent romantic escapades on the holodeck.
Event crew: Gilora Rejal, Pregnant Seska, and Ulani Belor.

Event name: “Gotta Catch ‘Em All!”
Event Description: Data decides to abandon poker night, and joins some other friends for a Collector’s Card Game called “Star Trek Timelines”
Event crew: Poker Data (with visor), Morn, and Kivas Fajo.

Event name: “Music Soothes the Savage Beast”
Event Description: The away team must calm a raging Klingon monster, using music from a lost Brahms score.
Event crew: Jazz Musician Riker, Spock with lute, Flint, Fek’lhr

Posted: 11 July 2017 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-16
Magisse - 09 July 2017 05:19 PM

Event name: “Music Soothes the Savage Beast”
Event Description: The away team must calm a raging Klingon monster, using music from a lost Brahms score.
Event crew: Jazz Musician Riker, Spock with lute, Flint, Fek’lhr

Haha, great! This one made me laugh out loud. Excellent, thanks! Love it