NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Training programs and vip benifits
Posted: 18 June 2017 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2017-03-18

The addition of the honor hall and things with it are great. However, something i worried about when it started was the change of only being able to buy the high end, much needed training programs with honor. I figured they would run out. Sure enough its begun. I have two accounts, played on the same device. One older, from well before the honor system was introduced. Had a stock pile of trainers there. My other account is newer. Closer to when honor started. The new
account i have no training programs and the characters i cant level, waiting, are beginning to pile up. Even on my older account im low and running out of trainers.Even with the recent additions we dont get enough honor to buy the   appropriate amount of trainers we need. Definately not enough honor to buy trainers, plus anything else, like expensive citations, beholds, or characters. Something really needs to be done. It would also be nice to see new vip levels with further benifits. Like more replicator use, discounts or something. I know a lot of players out there supporting this game, by buying, topped out thier vip long ago. Continuing to pay should have continued benifit. Anyone else identify
with these issues? Please respond or chime in somehow so we can effect change.

Posted: 18 June 2017 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08

Well, that’s of course part of the challenge of being a newer player—or, in your case, having a newer account—juggling that balance. When it was introduced, I used Honor quite a bit for trainers myself, because that was at about the same point that I had just bought my fourth shuttle, and I was in more dire need of them at that time. I found that with the crew I was airlocking from basic portal pulls, I could get a set of 5x5* trainers for Honor a few times a week, which was a nice addition to getting them from away missions, shuttles, Gauntlets, etc. I don’t think I ever had enough Honor for the 50x5* set, but that’s a moot point, since doing that doesn’t give you a discount or anything from the 5x5* set.

Once I started having a few more trainers each day from that 4th shuttle, then I’d find myself occasionally using Honor for replicator rations, when I didn’t have enough ship schematics to feed into the replicator but still needed some item that had an abysmally low drop rate from farming with chrons.

Finally now I’m at the point where I haven’t had to do either (though I wouldn’t rule out doing the Honor for Rep. Rations purchase again). Especially with the extra Honor from Achievements, I can finally start thinking about saving up for Citations.

So, overall I guess I disagree that the ratio of Honor for Trainers needs to be adjusted. In my opinion, it’s a fair rate of exchange.

I won’t get into your comments about better perks for higher VIP levels—even though I agree in theory with that idea—because that’s an entirely different topic. And at VIP 8, I’m also not at all in that particular demographic. wink

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 18 June 2017 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2017-03-18

I suppose it can be looked at both ways and depends on ones paticular situation. See, even my pre honor system account isnt real old. I guess trying to catch up and collect i got ahead of myself a bit, via buying things. So i have 4 shuttles and they run non stop. I participate in every part of the game day by day. That means gauntlet, events, all 3 arena classes, ect. Im maxed on crew slots as well and have about 5 free spaces i maintain. Many frozen crew too. But i have a large number if higher levels. When these amount to like 150 or so 60 to 90 lvl characters there is little i can do. I watch as i use more high end trainers per day, by far, than i bring in. I didnt have 100k’s if trainers like stated in memos about using em fir replicator now. Im not that long of a player. A had a few thousand of each. And thier going fast. Lol. However, majority is important. And if noone else has this issue at all…. especially brand new players…then i agree. i must be doing something wrong and no attention need be given to this issue. Thanks for the info and your reply

Posted: 18 June 2017 09:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08

I think there’s definitely an issue of “growing too quickly” in this game. wink

If one spends just enough to get a decent # of crew slots, and thus hangs on to most of the new crew they acquire, but don’t have the infrastructure, if you will, to maintain that size crew contingent, then it could be very challenging to keep up. So if you find that you’ve perhaps bitten off more than you can chew, your progression may be a little slow for a while, unless and until you either dump a bunch of crew or just set them aside and forget about them completely until you have the resources to devote to them. The latter is harder to do, of course, since those additional crew you’re considering for the sidelines will often be ones that you’ll want to use right away for various things: events, Gauntlet, etc.

Good luck! grin

Signature 

Posted: 18 June 2017 10:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2017-03-18

Thats no joke at all. Lol. I realized this happening. Knew what needed to be done. Airlock or let a large part of my crew sit and stew while i methodically level only certain groups at a time to keep or freeze. Been through all the triage, so to speak, of who to keep and who to sweep. Yet a lack restraint in certain areas i guess. Being a fan of every series, watched since i was little with my dad, starting with the original which was all there was for star trek at the time. (The old black and white dr who and then in color on pbs. Was a favorite too.) Right up to enterprise. All the movies too. I have a problem letting go of any character. Then more shiny new ones come along before id gotten the last up to lvl 30. Lol. Its like an addiction or electronic hording. How many characters exist now? 350 or something? Then i need 500 or 700 slots. Cause id even have double of some if i could. Lol. Substances? Never been or felt addicted, could take or leave any of it. But action figures, collectibles, and it seems even this electronic stuff with no substance at all? I think im an addict. Lmao hello, my name is burgundyblackstone, and im addicted to collecting stuff of nostalgia that has less substance, or usefull substance, than air. Btw that reminds me… why is dilithium so expensive? Its not like anyone has to sit around and craft it. Even in terms of artistry. Again, thanks for the reply and advice. Ill try and work against my “vice”. Perhaps try to write less or use less words on here.

Posted: 04 July 2017 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2017-07-04

I find that I am spending all of my available training on immortalizing crew members.  I have 74 immortalized crew so far, and I am using 230 active crew slots.  I spend every training program on leveling up crew so I can open up new slots for the new characters the game creates each week.  Meanwhile, I am out of all uncommon and common players and half of my rare crew.  Each level requires a massive amount of training, so I have a backlog of crew members I cannot afford to train.  I am being forced to spend the training at a faster pace than before because I am always out of crew slots.  I am VIP 14 and I haven’t gotten new slots without paying 3000 dilithium in a very long time.  There are a few problems here, and most of them disproportionately effect players that spend the most time and money on the game.  I have written support several times, and they refer to my ongoing purchases as proof that it must not bother me enough to stop buying packages.  Anyone else feeling a bit under-appreciated?

Posted: 04 July 2017 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  408
Joined  2016-12-16
Burgundyblackstone - 18 June 2017 07:21 PM

The addition of the honor hall and things with it are great. However, something i worried about when it started was the change of only being able to buy the high end, much needed training programs with honor. I figured they would run out. Sure enough its begun. I have two accounts, played on the same device. One older, from well before the honor system was introduced. Had a stock pile of trainers there. My other account is newer. Closer to when honor started. The new
account i have no training programs and the characters i cant level, waiting, are beginning to pile up. Even on my older account im low and running out of trainers.Even with the recent additions we dont get enough honor to buy the   appropriate amount of trainers we need. Definately not enough honor to buy trainers, plus anything else, like expensive citations, beholds, or characters. Something really needs to be done. It would also be nice to see new vip levels with further benifits. Like more replicator use, discounts or something. I know a lot of players out there supporting this game, by buying, topped out thier vip long ago. Continuing to pay should have continued benifit. Anyone else identify

If you are vigilant about sending out your shuttlea (even with 2 or 3), then the trainers WILL build up. Once you hit the tipping point, they will no longer be a problem.

This is a rock hard fact, proven by everyone who has ever played this game. You will come to regret every honour point that you spend on trainers. Of this, I have no doubt.

Posted: 04 July 2017 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
Grant77 - 04 July 2017 10:18 PM

If you are vigilant about sending out your shuttlea (even with 2 or 3), then the trainers WILL build up. Once you hit the tipping point, they will no longer be a problem.

This is a rock hard fact, proven by everyone who has ever played this game.

This is a statement I can fully get behind.

Grant77 - 04 July 2017 10:18 PM

You will come to regret every honour point that you spend on trainers. Of this, I have no doubt.

This is a statement I cannot. wink

Honor is available from so many sources now, why would I care about dropping even as much as 1500 of it for trainers, if I happened to need it at the time? Yes, you could just wait and wait until you reach that “tipping point” of not having to worry about trainers—though I’ve had a 4th shuttle for over a month now and haven’t come close to that point yet—but why in the world would you, or should you? You’d be unnecessarily stalling your progress, all because Honor is supposedly this rare thing that you should never use for such a trifling purpose? Sorry, man—on that point we just don’t happen to agree.

EDIT: One addendum to the above—I actually would agree with the idea of not going crazy spending Honor for trainers. I still maintain that buying 50 gold (aka “Dynamic”) trainers every so often isn’t anything to be concerned about, and is a worthy use of Honor. But if you’re spending 15,000 Honor for trainers, I’d say that’s probably too much—unless you have 100,000 Honor points or something insane like that just sitting around. wink

Signature 

Posted: 05 July 2017 12:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2017-07-04

yeah, I agree.  I saved up my honor for a Legendary Behold, hoping to get a new crew member, perhaps a better gauntlet player.  I was given 3 options of people I already had, so I could have just paid less for an extra star.  The whole thing was a big let down.  I got Picard, and Kahless seems forever away, so using honor for training seems like as good as the next choice.

Posted: 05 July 2017 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2017-03-18

Burgundyblackstone - 18 June 2017 07:21 PM

This is a rock hard fact, proven by everyone who has ever played this game. You will come to regret every honour point that you spend on trainers. Of this, I have no doubt.

“I” never said i buy trainers with honor. Perhaps you refer to what someone else said. What “I” said was that, there is not enough honor, at the time of the post, collected from airlocking (especially if not purchasing packs) to buy trainers when im saving up for the expensive things that cant be had any other way. Like kayless and citations to level him, as there may not be copies of him offered to get to 5 star. Saving up the honor to buy kayles and then all the 4 50k each citations to level him ff is going to a lot. I havent scratched the surface on that amount yet, though i do have the character at 1 star. On my pre honor account the trainers from airlocking back then have run down to 4k, 4k, 5k, 00 and 900. Thats from low end to high. Since i dont buy trainers but still need a massive amount to keep leveling the 300+ crew i have, the trainers are running out. Its takes nearly 50 highest level trainers just to level from lvl 90 to 100. 50 a pop and these are going fast. Tried using low end. Lol. 500 low end trainers and lvl 80 to 90 or 90 to 100 is hardly noticeable. Regret honor spent on trainers? I agree. But on this account i dont buy em. On my other 2 post honor system accounts, which i spend no real money on (to see the difference), they have huge back logs of characters i cant level, and have no trainers to level them. I can hardly play those accounts. Just a bit per day cause i wont pay money on them and cant level characters to do more addvanced missions and things. So. Im not the only one with a problem with this. Yet, while people have a problem with this, and db even did a recent survey on it (kinda of addmiting an issue for enough players exist), others still type in a say we dont know what we are talking about with our own games. That there is no problem and we are wrong. Then why did db decide enough people voiced concerns to dona survey over is there was enough honor recently?