NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Farewell to Batman
Posted: 11 June 2017 11:52 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2017-02-13

No this isn’t relevant to Trek, but on the off chance that some of us are also the type of people that like superheros (I know, unlikely) I just wanted to post a goodbye to Adam West.  I’ll always fondly remember his version of the caped crusader. 

One of my favorite moments was from the full-length movie, where he ran around with a giant, lit bomb that he couldn’t find a safe place to dispose of.

Farewell, Mr. West.  May your climb up to heaven have been made easy by a simple side-rotation of the camera.  Or at least with a Batarang grapple.

Posted: 12 June 2017 12:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08

Indeed. Rarely has any television show been as much fun as the 60s live-action Batman series.

Bringing it back to Trek, remember the celebrity cameos they did on Batman when the Caped Crusaders were ascending up the side of a building, and suddenly someone like Sammy Davis Jr. or Col. Klink (Werner Klemperer) would pop their head out of a window? I always thought it would’ve been cool if Spock had been one of those celeb encounters.

We can dream of what might have been, but in the meantime, here’s a fun little vid that imagines what a Star Trek/Batman crossover might’ve looked like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uJxTghyaO0

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 12 June 2017 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2017-02-13

Nice!  Love me some well done fan movies!

Posted: 13 June 2017 08:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2016-11-12

Also very funny mayor, in american dad.
May he rest peacefully.