NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Of Two Evils (Epic - Tuesday challenge)
Posted: 06 June 2017 08:22 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  205
Joined  2016-07-23

Ok .. so I’m very curious ... I’ve crunched the numbers, and searched the databases ... and come up with nothing.
Hoping I’ve missed something, and perhaps somebody can point me in the right direction.

The 2nd node is a DIP node, with traits: Crafty, Ferengi and Tactician.
The target is 380.
To crit it - I’ve estimated at about 507.

I’ve scoured the crew lists, and there is NOBODY who can crit this node! O.o

Dabo Girl Leeta has full stats: 363-467 ... with no traits, it’s not enough to crit it.
Persis has tactician, with range of: 342-391 (+90 gives: 432-481) .. still not enough.

Enterprise D Picard can crit it .. however, he’s not alien so can’t run this challenge.

Who am I missing? who can crit this node?

Posted: 06 June 2017 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2017-01-10

top right is a search field ... type in “Of Two Evils” and voila ...

plenty of forum discussions cover the subject and provide a solution, including many in which you’ve also had input.

Signature 

Immortalized crew count:
27×1★; 37×2★; 64×3★; 18×4★; 0×5★—> 146 total.

Non-FF lvl 100 crew count:
8×4★; 6×5★.

Posted: 06 June 2017 09:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-23
RaraRacing - 06 June 2017 08:36 AM

top right is a search field ... type in “Of Two Evils” and voila ...

plenty of forum discussions cover the subject and provide a solution, including many in which you’ve also had input.

Yep .. searched through them all .. and ... nothing ...

and with the minor tweaks and such (ie prodigy to Kes, allowing her to crit that final node), I was wondering if anyone has been tweaked enough to crit that 2nd DIP node.

Seems like the most likely candidates are:

Persis
Sato (not Sito .. I keep mixing those 2 up smile )

But Sato doesn’t appear to have any matching traits, meaning she can’t crit it.
And Persis doesn’t quite get high enough to crit it ??
(based on my crit estimate)

Does anyone know the exact Crit # required for this node?

Who have people used to crit this node with (recently) ??
O.o

Posted: 06 June 2017 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2017-01-10

If I read those threads ... apparently Persis can roll high enough to crit ... only she needs to roll her exact maximum score ... so you’ll need a lot of luck there. smile

I’m not sure but maybe DB also tweaked it so that the rare reward has a 100% drop chance when criting cadet mission nodes ... see https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewannounce/63618_54/ ... so who knows, you only need the lucky roll now and not the added luck of actually getting the reward afterwards?

Signature 

Immortalized crew count:
27×1★; 37×2★; 64×3★; 18×4★; 0×5★—> 146 total.

Non-FF lvl 100 crew count:
8×4★; 6×5★.

Posted: 06 June 2017 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-23
RaraRacing - 06 June 2017 11:12 AM

If I read those threads ... apparently Persis can roll high enough to crit ... only she needs to roll her exact maximum score ... so you’ll need a lot of luck there. smile

I’m not sure but maybe DB also tweaked it so that the rare reward has a 100% drop chance when criting cadet mission nodes ... see https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewannounce/63618_54/ ... so who knows, you only need the lucky roll now and not the added luck of actually getting the reward afterwards?

Thanks!  It’s what I was afraid of.

Yeah, the rare rewards are 100% drop now .. (thank gawd) smile  so that’s why I’m re-visiting some of these nodes ..

but yeah ... Persis max roll is 481 ... so if that’s the case .. it’s a 1% chance crit ... wonderful.

Guess that’s another stupid node I’ll ignore until they “fix it” ... smile

I just played 5 tries today .. highest I got was 82 ... total 475 .. no luck ...

Posted: 07 June 2017 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  217
Joined  2016-07-17

Final missions crit at 480, so you’ll be pleased to know a 481 maximum means there’s 2 results that will succeed wink

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2017 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-23
Baragash - 07 June 2017 06:54 AM

Final missions crit at 480, so you’ll be pleased to know a 481 maximum means there’s 2 results that will succeed wink

wow .. so twice as good as I thought?  wink  hehe
so .. 2% ... *facepalm* ..

thanks!  wink
at least I know what the darn target is .. wish they were more transparent on these things so we can make informed decisions ... :(

Posted: 07 June 2017 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11
Ditto - 07 June 2017 10:05 AM

thanks!  wink
at least I know what the darn target is .. wish they were more transparent on these things so we can make informed decisions ... :(

I think it’s a 4% chance (2 of her 50 possible rolls will do it).

So she should crit once every 25 attempts.

I feel DB need to revisit this particular node in a future update.

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 07 June 2017 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-23
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 07 June 2017 11:53 AM
Ditto - 07 June 2017 10:05 AM

thanks!  wink

I think it’s a 4% chance (2 of her 50 possible rolls will do it).

So she should crit once every 25 attempts.

I feel DB need to revisit this particular node in a future update.

ahh, you’re right .. for some reason I thought she was roughly a 1-100 roll, but yeah, checked again, she’s roughly 1-50 ... so yeah 4% ... It’s getting better by the minute!! 
smile

If it reaches 10% .. I might actually try it .. less than that ... it’s just a waste of time :(

I still think they could easily “solve” these issues - and give us an interesting “choice” in the options for away missions, in allowing us to use 1 shuttle boost, per away mission, only good for 1 node.  (That would make us pick wisely, rather than spamming them) .. but it would give us some viable options to actually impact these odd, ridiculous nodes O.o

Posted: 20 June 2017 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  116
Joined  2017-02-07

(Setting aside the Thursday missions since I’ve never played those on epic since the elite rewards are better), that node and Bones’ node on EAS5 are my final cadet challenge rewards to earn, including the weekend challenges. I just FFFEed Persis this weekend so am trying Seven/Persis/Worf, but no luck yet.