NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
Your Goals for STT
Posted: 13 July 2017 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 13 July 2017 04:30 PM

After reading about Travis’ struggle to immortalize 50 crew by the time he reached Captain Level 50 as a Free to Play, I’ve been striving for that goal as well.

I’m pleased as punch to announce that by immortalizing Constable Odo, I’ve been able to immortalize my 50th crew, and I’m still Captain level 49!

More importantly, as a free to play, immortalizing 50 crew unlocks enough dilithium to purchase a third shuttle!

I’m definitely looking forward to 50 percent more trainers, especially with the changes to shuttle rewards for failure.

Nicely done! My goal wasn’t as specific as having 50 immortals by time I hit captain level 50; just to hit both milestones as F2P. It just happened to work out that I immortalized 50 crew members first. It took me almost one full year. Do you mind if I ask how quickly you did it? My guess is you’ve made greater progress in shorter time than I did.

Having done it as F2P myself, I know firsthand how satisfying it is to get there. Let us know when you hit captain level 50! smile

Signature 

Fleet Recruitment Info: Attack of the Crohn’s
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 14 July 2017 12:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 13 July 2017 11:25 PM

Nicely done! My goal wasn’t as specific as having 50 immortals by time I hit captain level 50; just to hit both milestones as F2P. It just happened to work out that I immortalized 50 crew members first. It took me almost one full year. Do you mind if I ask how quickly you did it? My guess is you’ve made greater progress in shorter time than I did.

Having done it as F2P myself, I know firsthand how satisfying it is to get there. Let us know when you hit captain level 50! smile

I’ve been playing since December 2016…I use my memory of the first event I saw as a baseline for when I started playing. (FYI, it was the event that introduced Mirror T’Pol).

So 7 months? Something like that?

I remember that the hardest immortalization was the first one I did, especially since I vaulted them immediately after.

I think immortalizations are still hard until you have crew that can three star the majority of missions in Episode 3, because then you can ad warp for previously hard to farm components instead of burning chrons.

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 16 July 2017 11:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 14 June 2017 02:25 AM

So, here’s a goal that I’ve been pursuing for some time now: Acquire a “rainbow” for each Star Trek series.

What is a “rainbow”, you ask?

A “rainbow” is a collection of immortals, with at least one of each rarity between common to super rare. Since I’m an F2P, I intentionally omitted legendary as being realistically unattainable.

I’m kind of proud to say that I already have a rainbow for DS9, TNG, and Voyager.

For the TOS “rainbow”, I lack any Rare crew to immortalize.

For Enterprise, I can choose between two FF Super Rares to immortalize, and I also lack any Rare crew to immortalize.

Wish me luck in finding Rares to complete this goal!

I just realized that I completed all five rainbows last week! Here are the first crew members of each rarity per series:

TOS
1* CMO ‘Bones’ McCoy
2* Captain Kirk
3* Prisoner ‘Bones’ McCoy
4* Claiborne Chekov

TNG
1* Counselor Troi
2* Enterprise-D Picard
3* Chief Engineer La Forge
4* Mirror K’Ehyler (or, if you discount her, Dr. Tolian Soran)

DS9
1* Desert Ezri Dax
2* Promoted Sisko
3* Acting Nagus Brunt
4* Mirror Garak

VOY
1* Ensign Kim
2* Seven in Blue
3* Boxer Chakotay
4* GI Chakotay

ENT
1* Ensign Mayweather
2* Ensign Sato
3* Subcommander T’Pol
4* Agent Harris

I completed the series in the following order: TOS, DS9, VOY, ENT, TNG.

TNG is, however, my first completed 1-5* rainbow, thanks to the Borg Queen. VOY should wind up being second thanks to Kortar. So as far as I’m concerned, I don’t care about that whole “but if everybody has them, they don’t mean anything” nonsense is even more stupid. I don’t care who has what I have. I just want to have what I want. And thanks to you putting it in my brain, I want completed 1-5* rainbows for all series!

Signature 

Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 17 July 2017 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27

I’ve got rare TOS crew to complete my TOS rainbow, but I still don’t have any rare ENT crew.

I took a look, and realized that there are only five rare ENT crew. Awesome, should be easy to get the ENT rainbow, haha.

Signature 

Posted: 17 July 2017 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  576
Joined  2014-04-08

Get all versions of Spock since he is my favorite character. So far I am just lacking Gangster Spock and any other versions that are planned to be released. I hope one is Captain Spock since Admiral Kirk got recently released.

Signature 

“Live long and prosper.”-Spock

Posted: 17 July 2017 10:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 17 July 2017 07:28 PM

I’ve got rare TOS crew to complete my TOS rainbow, but I still don’t have any rare ENT crew.

I took a look, and realized that there are only five rare ENT crew. Awesome, should be easy to get the ENT rainbow, haha.

Over in another thread, I just broke down the stats on the Rare crew members that I’ve pulled so far this calendar year, out of 3012 total standard and premium items. The ENT Rares:

3 Private S. Money
3 Rescuer Tucker
6 Sniper Reed
5 Subcommander T’Pol
7 Surgeon Phlox

So if my pulls are an accurate data sample, between now and the rest of the year, your interpretation of these numbers can either be that 1) your best bet is Surgeon Phlox since he’s basically dropping once monthly or 2) Money or Tucker since they’re “due”. It depends on what kind of gambler you are! smile

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 17 July 2017 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 17 July 2017 10:39 PM

So if my pulls are an accurate data sample, between now and the rest of the year, your interpretation of these numbers can either be that 1) your best bet is Surgeon Phlox since he’s basically dropping once monthly or 2) Money or Tucker since they’re “due”. It depends on what kind of gambler you are! smile

One of my big problems with rare crew is that I infrequently use premium pulls, like maybe once or twice every four months.

I rely on the event rewards to give me crew (rare or otherwise). The true problem is that rare crew only reliably shows up for ranked rewards, whereas the super rares show up on ranked AND threshold.

Meaning that in the worst case, I’ll get two FF super rares from an event, but only one rare, and it’s been awhile since an ENT rare has been in the ranked rewards (I was really, really hoping for Subcommander T’Pol instead of Ensign Wesley in the event three weeks ago).

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2017 04:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 17 July 2017 10:53 PM
Travis S McClain - 17 July 2017 10:39 PM

One of my big problems with rare crew is that I infrequently use premium pulls, like maybe once or twice every four months.

I rely on the event rewards to give me crew (rare or otherwise). The true problem is that rare crew only reliably shows up for ranked rewards, whereas the super rares show up on ranked AND threshold.

Meaning that in the worst case, I’ll get two FF super rares from an event, but only one rare, and it’s been awhile since an ENT rare has been in the ranked rewards (I was really, really hoping for Subcommander T’Pol instead of Ensign Wesley in the event three weeks ago).

I feel ya. My policy has been to only keep a 3* if I get all three I need to FF from an event or if it’s the daily reward freebie for the month so I’m guaranteed to FF. I’ve made a few exceptions along the way, for crew members I just wanted, but even those only when I could comfortably accommodate them. Maybe next month’s freebie will be from ENT!

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 18 July 2017 09:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 18 July 2017 04:20 AM

I feel ya. My policy has been to only keep a 3* if I get all three I need to FF from an event or if it’s the daily reward freebie for the month so I’m guaranteed to FF. I’ve made a few exceptions along the way, for crew members I just wanted, but even those only when I could comfortably accommodate them. Maybe next month’s freebie will be from ENT!

I think it would be nice if DB alternated between FF uncommon crew and FF rare crew for the low threshold event rewards.

I mean, DB seems to like to give an FF super rare for Galaxy events through the threshold rewards, but they don’t like to give threshold FF super rares for non Galaxy events.

Okay, for those non Galaxy events, how about switching out the green crew for FF rare crew instead? Or maybe even switching out the 3 threshold super rares for 3 rare crew instead?

Signature 

Posted: 18 July 2017 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 18 July 2017 09:58 AM
Travis S McClain - 18 July 2017 04:20 AM

I think it would be nice if DB alternated between FF uncommon crew and FF rare crew for the low threshold event rewards.

I mean, DB seems to like to give an FF super rare for Galaxy events through the threshold rewards, but they don’t like to give threshold FF super rares for non Galaxy events.

Okay, for those non Galaxy events, how about switching out the green crew for FF rare crew instead? Or maybe even switching out the 3 threshold super rares for 3 rare crew instead?

I’m totally down with that.

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 19 July 2017 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27

Finally hit the 50/50 achievement as an F2P!

So, I’ve come up with a new goal: immortalize at least one version of every featured cast member. For a cast member to be featured, they have to be listed in the main credits of the show for at least one episode.

That means that Pulaski is not a featured cast member. It would also mean that Scotty, Uhura, Chekov and Sulu are also not featured cast members. That would mean that Wesley, Tasha Yar, and Jake Sisko are featured cast members.

I’m only missing Bashir, O’Brien, Chakotay, Paris, Neelix, Tuvok, Archer, T’Pol, and Sato.

Signature 

Posted: 19 July 2017 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 19 July 2017 10:27 AM

Woot! Congrats! smile

So, I’ve come up with a new goal: immortalize at least one version of every featured cast member. For a cast member to be featured, they have to be listed in the main credits of the show for at least one episode.

That means that Pulaski is not a featured cast member. It would also mean that Scotty, Uhura, Chekov and Sulu are also not featured cast members. That would mean that Wesley, Tasha Yar, and Jake Sisko are featured cast members.

I’m only missing Bashir, O’Brien, Chakotay, Paris, Neelix, Tuvok, Archer, T’Pol, and Sato.

Question: Are you including movies for TOS and TNG? If so, then Scotty, Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu do become “featured cast”. (So would Chapel and Rand, incidentally; both in TMP, the former in IV and the latter in VI.) If not, then are you excluding movie-era personae from your count of crew members?

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 19 July 2017 10:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 19 July 2017 06:41 PM

Woot! Congrats! smile

Question: Are you including movies for TOS and TNG? If so, then Scotty, Uhura, Chekov, and Sulu do become “featured cast”. (So would Chapel and Rand, incidentally; both in TMP, the former in IV and the latter in VI.) If not, then are you excluding movie-era personae from your count of crew members?

Only tv shows! I mean, if I included the movies, I’d have to include general chang, and I don’t think I’d ever be able to immortalize him.

Signature 

Posted: 20 July 2017 01:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 19 July 2017 10:36 PM
Travis S McClain - 19 July 2017 06:41 PM

Woot! Congrats! smile

Only tv shows! I mean, if I included the movies, I’d have to include general chang, and I don’t think I’d ever be able to immortalize him.

I wasn’t thinking in terms of everyone who appeared in the main credits of any movie, but rather the principle characters from shows who did. Plus, you excluded 5*‘s from your rainbow objective, so I figured you were content to do the same here.

Oh! What about Worf? Are you going to get TNG and DS9-specific personae, or just count any single version of him?

In any event, good luck!

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 20 July 2017 07:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27

Just an update, just finished my TOS rainbow. Just need an immortal enterprise rare to complete the rainbow collection.

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
3 of 5