NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
Your Goals for STT
Posted: 07 June 2017 11:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2017-04-27
Female Vulcan Q - 06 June 2017 10:06 PM
SevenOf919 - 06 June 2017 08:21 PM

What does joining a squadron entail?

Well, there’s really two routes you can take:

1. Joining an existing squadron.
2. Creating your own squadron.

Of course, a precondition is being in a fleet, which has two similar entrance routes.

Anyhow, what does each route entail/require?

The first option requires you to get in touch with someone who has an open spot in their squadron, which is difficult, especially if you aren’t active in your fleet’s chat channel. The first option may come with additional requirements, such as having x amount of shuttles, x amount of immortalized crew, participating in a squad channel, etc. I’m sure you already know about the benefits of shared crew for shuttle events.

The second option has less requirements and also has the mechanic of you (potentially) sharing your crew for shuttle events. Of course, if you want your squadron to be competitive in events, you might need to be a little selective in who you let into your squadron.

Make cents?

Yes - thanks!

Posted: 07 June 2017 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2016-09-23

My personal primary goal is to 3* all missions, at all levels.

I’ve got a ways to go there (haven’t even 3*‘d most of Ep 7 on Normal yet), so I guess I’ll still be playing for a little longer…

Posted: 07 June 2017 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2016-04-19

Just got honored status with all factions; that’s been a goal when I wasn’t in events/needed something specific.

Short term stuff:

Working on Gauntlet crew: just got Admiral Riker to level 100: need to build 3 out of the remaining 4 items to max his rolls out. After him is Locutis; after that is Sarek and Quark.

Shuttle crew: Tuskegee Mayweather.

Other goals:

Would eventually like to fully complete all missions, cadet and otherwise.

Signature 

Adult Swim Fleet

130 crew immortalized because voyages. 37% to Kahless (because voyages again).

“The truth is usually an excuse for a lack of imagination” - Elim Garak

Smudge. Never forget.

Posted: 14 June 2017 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27

So, here’s a goal that I’ve been pursuing for some time now: Acquire a “rainbow” for each Star Trek series.

What is a “rainbow”, you ask?

A “rainbow” is a collection of immortals, with at least one of each rarity between common to super rare. Since I’m an F2P, I intentionally omitted legendary as being realistically unattainable.

I’m kind of proud to say that I already have a rainbow for DS9, TNG, and Voyager.

For the TOS “rainbow”, I lack any Rare crew to immortalize.

For Enterprise, I can choose between two FF Super Rares to immortalize, and I also lack any Rare crew to immortalize.

Wish me luck in finding Rares to complete this goal!

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 14 June 2017 09:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

I don’t even know what my goals are anymore. 

Do I need more crew? No. Crew depth got kicked in the pants by the latest version of expeditions.

Do I care about my standing in events? Not really given the above.

Given that void I’m just optimizing my crew roster until I have no more moves to make.  Each crew replaced has to be replaced by someone with similar skill mix and stronger skill strength… so gradually my roster is being crowded by partially fused legendary crew that can’t be vaulted.

Am I “wasting” more chrons now than ever due to overflow and long nights of sleep / getting outside? Yep.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 14 June 2017 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 14 June 2017 02:25 AM

So, here’s a goal that I’ve been pursuing for some time now: Acquire a “rainbow” for each Star Trek series.

What is a “rainbow”, you ask?

A “rainbow” is a collection of immortals, with at least one of each rarity between common to super rare. Since I’m an F2P, I intentionally omitted legendary as being realistically unattainable.

I’m kind of proud to say that I already have a rainbow for DS9, TNG, and Voyager.

For the TOS “rainbow”, I lack any Rare crew to immortalize.

For Enterprise, I can choose between two FF Super Rares to immortalize, and I also lack any Rare crew to immortalize.

Neat! I just checked my own crew. I’m missing:

1* TNG
1* ENT
2* ENT

I have a 1/2 Ensign Sato already FE/100. I keep hoping to get the second star on her. Hasn’t happened yet. Currently, the only 1* ENT crew member is Ensign Mayweather. Guess next time he comes around, I’ll keep him.

Wish me luck in finding Rares to complete this goal!

Good luck!

Signature 

Fleet Recruitment Info: Attack of the Crohn’s
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 15 June 2017 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 14 June 2017 09:36 AM

1* TNG
1* ENT
2* ENT

I have a 1/2 Ensign Sato already FE/100. I keep hoping to get the second star on her. Hasn’t happened yet. Currently, the only 1* ENT crew member is Ensign Mayweather. Guess next time he comes around, I’ll keep him.

That reminds me of another goal that I recently completed: immortalizing all of my starter crew:

Promoted Sisko, Chief Engineer Torres, Desert Ezri, Lt. Sulu, Ensign Mayweather and Commander Spock.

Ensign Mayweather was the last one, haha, and yes, they rarely see the light of day, haha.

Signature 

Posted: 16 June 2017 01:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 15 June 2017 11:24 PM
Travis S McClain - 14 June 2017 09:36 AM

1* TNG
1* ENT
2* ENT

That reminds me of another goal that I recently completed: immortalizing all of my starter crew:

Promoted Sisko, Chief Engineer Torres, Desert Ezri, Lt. Sulu, Ensign Mayweather and Commander Spock.

Ensign Mayweather was the last one, haha, and yes, they rarely see the light of day, haha.

I’ve also thought about doing this. I had to dismiss all of them to make room for others, so it wouldn’t be the original copies I had but I’d still like to check them off the to-do list.

Also, not that it really matters, but I think you got Commander Spock from choosing the Federation for victory in Episode 1. As I understand it, we all get the same starter crew (Torres, Ezri, Sulu, Mayweather, and whichever of the three captains we select).

Signature 

Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 16 June 2017 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 16 June 2017 01:10 PM

Also, not that it really matters, but I think you got Commander Spock from choosing the Federation for victory in Episode 1.

Sure, but the game doesn’t give you an option to advance whilst choosing the other faction, just like it doesn’t give you an option to advance without picking one of the captains or to advance without opening that ten pack that gives the player all those one stars.

Which means that every player will have Commander Spock at some time.

Believe me, I wish I could chosen Kruge over Spock. :D

Signature 

Posted: 17 June 2017 01:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Female Vulcan Q - 16 June 2017 05:37 PM
Travis S McClain - 16 June 2017 01:10 PM

Also, not that it really matters, but I think you got Commander Spock from choosing the Federation for victory in Episode 1.

Sure, but the game doesn’t give you an option to advance whilst choosing the other faction, just like it doesn’t give you an option to advance without picking one of the captains or to advance without opening that ten pack that gives the player all those one stars.

Which means that every player will have Commander Spock at some time.

Believe me, I wish I could chosen Kruge over Spock. :D

I thought we had a choice between Federation and Klingon victories for the Prologue and would still move on to the game proper. Now I feel manipulated.

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 05 July 2017 04:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27

So, in other news, I’m going to try completing my TOS rainbow during the next event.

I still don’t have an enterprise three star to finish an enterprise rainbow, but here’s hoping that an enterprise three star is an event ranked prize soon!

Signature 

Posted: 05 July 2017 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2016-04-19

Just got 75 crew immortalized for that achievement. Might go for 100 next. I have a couple people I could work on that would help me be more competitive but aren’t FF; McGivers and Lt. Com Dax. And Edith Keeler as a possible gauntlet person in case medical is the primary stat. Also might go for clearing missions; not sure. I’ve been on a immortalize-a-thon lately.

Signature 

Adult Swim Fleet

130 crew immortalized because voyages. 37% to Kahless (because voyages again).

“The truth is usually an excuse for a lack of imagination” - Elim Garak

Smudge. Never forget.

Posted: 11 July 2017 06:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Female Vulcan Q - 05 July 2017 04:17 AM

So, in other news, I’m going to try completing my TOS rainbow during the next event.

I still don’t have an enterprise three star to finish an enterprise rainbow, but here’s hoping that an enterprise three star is an event ranked prize soon!

Good gravy, these TOS Klingons are no joke to immortalize…Of course, the Klingon Mega Event might have something to do with that.

Signature 

Posted: 13 July 2017 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27

After reading about Travis’ struggle to immortalize 50 crew by the time he reached Captain Level 50 as a Free to Play, I’ve been striving for that goal as well.

I’m pleased as punch to announce that by immortalizing Constable Odo, I’ve been able to immortalize my 50th crew, and I’m still Captain level 49!

More importantly, as a free to play, immortalizing 50 crew unlocks enough dilithium to purchase a third shuttle!

I’m definitely looking forward to 50 percent more trainers, especially with the changes to shuttle rewards for failure.

Signature 

Posted: 13 July 2017 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  532
Joined  2016-12-17
Female Vulcan Q - 13 July 2017 04:30 PM

After reading about Travis’ struggle to immortalize 50 crew by the time he reached Captain Level 50 as a Free to Play, I’ve been striving for that goal as well.

I’m pleased as punch to announce that by immortalizing Constable Odo, I’ve been able to immortalize my 50th crew, and I’m still Captain level 49!

Congratulations! That is an impressive accomplishment.

Signature 

“I am Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.”

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 5