NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 3 >  Last ›
Your Goals for STT
Posted: 06 June 2017 01:34 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27

Before DB releases the Achievements mechanic with version 2.1.0, serious STT players would have to create their own goals, especially if they did not want to participate in events.

For example, I just realized that with vaulting Security Chief Worf, I have now vaulted at least one version of every TNG featured cast member, including Yar and Wesley.

I’d like to see if I can immortalize at least one version of all featured cast members. At last count, I was at least 20 immortalizations away.

What are your goals for STT? Min max your crew? Collect every crew from a particular series? Something else?

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 06 June 2017 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
Female Vulcan Q - 06 June 2017 01:34 AM

What are your goals for STT? Min max your crew? Collect every crew from a particular series? Something else?

Short-term goals:
1) Level & FE all 6 of my legendaries (one is already there)
2) Immortalize my 7 FF super-rares
3) Immortalize the 17 FF rares who I haven’t done so with yet
4) Immortalize and cryo any remaining cadets who I kept only because I liked them (Cmdr Spock, LCDR Scott, etc.)

Longer-term goals:
1) Save up enough real-world $$ to boost my VIP from Level 8 to Level 10, so I can get those 75 extra crew slots
2) Spend some of that Dil on acquiring a really decent Gauntlet team
3) Hit the 50 Immortals milestone
4) ???
5) Profit!! tongue wink

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 06 June 2017 02:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Data1001 - 06 June 2017 02:01 AM

I was hoping to immortalize 50 crew before I hit level 50 like Travis, but I’m just gaining experience way too fast, haha.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2017 02:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
Female Vulcan Q - 06 June 2017 02:19 AM
Data1001 - 06 June 2017 02:01 AM

I was hoping to immortalize 50 crew before I hit level 50 like Travis, but I’m just gaining experience way too fast, haha.

I hear that. My Captain level is already 43, but I only have 13 Immortals so far.

(I likely would have had more by now if I hadn’t spent my first several months spreading my resources so equally amongst all my crew—which I finally learned was not the most efficient technique.) wink

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 06 June 2017 03:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2017-01-10

My main goals:

- Collect/Immortalise as many FF/FE crew as I can ... I’ve paid for 3 monthly cards (am just finishing my third with no intention to buy more) so have some crew space to play with, but I’m mainly focusing on the 1*-3* range with the odd FF 4* or non-FF 5* thrown in.
—> Am lvl 42 with 60 crew immortalised (just cryoed Commander Chakotay), so feel I’m ding okay.

- 3-star all missions.

Secondary goals:

- collect all 1*-3* MED(etc.) crew ... have just completed MED with this month’s Boothby, now just have to vault the remaining ones on my crew list (am about to vault my last 1* in Ogawa, 2*s are complete and have a bunch of 3*s to go including some difficult ones (Troi(at lvl 70), Kes(at lvl 40) ...)
—> Up next all ENG 1*-3* crew (missing Kim for 1*s, 2* complete, 3*s missing Barclay, Kim and Wesley).

- collect all versions of crew, e.g. have 3 or 4 Reeds (am missing Rura Penthe Reed), have 3 of 3 Yars, 4 of 5 Chakotays (missing GI Chakotay) etc.
Maybe I should look to collecting crew from certain series like others have suggested ... know next to nothing about Star Trek so will have to research that a bit.

- get all factions to the highest possible standing, 6 to go.

The secondary goals help me apply focus to the primary goals.

Signature 

Immortalized crew count:
27×1★; 37×2★; 64×3★; 18×4★; 0×5★—> 146 total.

Non-FF lvl 100 crew count:
8×4★; 6×5★.

Posted: 06 June 2017 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2016-05-29

I only set one real goal, which was to hit “50/50” as F2P (Captain level 50/50 immortalized crew members). I managed to do that a few months ago right around the time of my anniversary. There are a few other things that, while I wouldn’t quite classify them as goals, interest me:

Missions
3-star everything. I still have quite a few of these remaining. Now that a crit is guaranteed to drop the reward, I should be able to accomplish this relatively easily. I just need to remember to do it when farming instead of taking the lowest-cost mission I’ve already cleared!

Events
Earn the 1/5 reward in Expeditions. I’ve been able to do this in the last three full Expeditions. I was too sick to really play much of last month’s Faction/Expedition hybrid.

Collecting
I wouldn’t go so far as to call these “goals”. They’re more “wish lists”. Present collection totals are noted.

-Ezri personae (4/4)
-Odo personae (4/6)
-Mirror Universe personae and ships (10/16 crew, 1/1 ship)
-Niners* personae (0/3)
-Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country personae (3/7)
-Expedition Event reward crew members** (18/21)

*Total includes Umpire Odo with the Niners, even though he technically wasn’t one.
**Total includes threshold 2*s and 3*s, and rank reward 3*s. Excludes pack-only Beowulf Kim.

Signature 

Fleet Recruitment Info: Attack of the Crohn’s
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 06 June 2017 10:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2017-03-28

I like Travis’ list (especially as a F2P). My goals are a bit different:

>optimize my cadet roster
I need to level Kira and Kes and find Bones and Seska.

>3-star all (possible) missions
This will drive my crew progression, to an extent.

>maintain Arena positions
This informs some crew selection, but not much. (Commander top 1%, Captain top 15%, Admiral top 10%)

>maintain/improve event ranks
I generally finish around 12,000-14,000. It’d be nice to learn some techniques to get better prizes. grin

>improve Gauntlet crew
I routinely finish around 15-50th, which is nice. I’d like to keep my crew developing while maintaining or improving that rank.

>immortalize the monthly 3* each month
Exceptions are if the offered crew is irrelevant/useless for me, like Vorik or Boothby.

>immortalize the daily reward 4*
I’m on track for this over the past year or so- I missed Janeway.

It’d be cool to immortalize more crew- I have 27 currently, with 2 cadets very close to complete- but crew space is a constant management challenge.

Posted: 06 June 2017 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
MuadDave - 06 June 2017 10:58 AM

I like Travis’ list (especially as a F2P). My goals are a bit different:

>optimize my cadet roster
I need to level Kira and Kes and find Bones and Seska.

This is certainly an important and helpful goal!

>maintain/improve event ranks
I generally finish around 12,000-14,000. It’d be nice to learn some techniques to get better prizes. grin

The single most important thing is just developing your roster. There are things like opening a bunch of missions at the beginning and running those to ramp up in point values quickly, tinkering with crew slot assignments to maximize success chances, etc., but those kinds of things can only help so much. If you’re not part of an active squadron yet, it would be worth looking into joining one.

>immortalize the monthly 3* each month
Exceptions are if the offered crew is irrelevant/useless for me, like Vorik or Boothby.

>immortalize the daily reward 4*
I’m on track for this over the past year or so- I missed Janeway.

I forgot about these when ticking off my own list, but this also interests me. I’m not committed to the 3*s like I used to be, but I have so far kept up with the 4*s. (I, too, missed Janeway.)

Signature 

Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 06 June 2017 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12

One of my goals is trying to acquire every version I can of certain favorite characters (mostly DS9) and FE them. Sisko, O’Brien, both Daxes.

Immortalize all cadets and adv cadets and vault 100 characters.

Have 2 of each main cast member leveled up (FF or otherwise) for events.

Like you, Travis, 1/5s in Expeditions. I was less than 20 places from getting in the hybrid due to some other life duties. So damn close.

And as a squad leader in a less than dynamic squad setting, is to always have something leveled up to share for my squad.

Posted: 06 June 2017 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-29
Pallidyne - 06 June 2017 11:29 AM

And as a squad leader in a less than dynamic squad setting, is to always have something leveled up to share for my squad.

Oh, that’s a good one! One of the things I did to help with this was when I worked on equipping and leveling all my existing crew members, I started with the ones I’d earned in events. I did them in the order in which their original events took place so when the next replay came around, my event crew was ready to go. I finally got caught up in April. I still refer to that schedule, though.

Signature 

Advice Threads:

Posted: 06 June 2017 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
Travis S McClain - 06 June 2017 11:36 AM

Oh, that’s a good one! One of the things I did to help with this was when I worked on equipping and leveling all my existing crew members, I started with the ones I’d earned in events. I did them in the order in which their original events took place so when the next replay came around, my event crew was ready to go. I finally got caught up in April. I still refer to that schedule, though.

Hmmm…that’s an interesting goal. I have 10+ event crew to FE.

Signature 

Posted: 06 June 2017 12:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  321
Joined  2017-01-10

ahum ... if anyone has a fleet/squad spot open then I’d be happy to join ... my fleet/squad is dead but I’m in it to at least get some form of reward during events ... even if I’m the only one putting in work. smile

Signature 

Immortalized crew count:
27×1★; 37×2★; 64×3★; 18×4★; 0×5★—> 146 total.

Non-FF lvl 100 crew count:
8×4★; 6×5★.

Posted: 06 June 2017 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  107
Joined  2017-03-28

I’d also be up for joining a new squad.

Posted: 06 June 2017 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2017-04-27

I’m far behind most of you and am still finding my way in this game (in fact, many of you have helped me w/advice - thanks!), but I’ll weigh in anyway.

I was F2P since Jan., currently level 39, am now 3 weeks into my first monthly card. Will keep the monthly long enough to purchase 4th shuttle but am not sure if I’ll continue after that.  It’s encouraging to see what others have been able to do without sinking a lot of $$ into the game.

So for now, my goals are more modest:

Obtain my 4th shuttle

Earn honored status in all shuttle factions (currently honored in 2)

Complete and earn all rare rewards for cadet missions (entails getting the right cadets for said missions, so I’ve still got work to do there)

FF/FE my first 5* crew member (I have 5 legendary, all 1/5 except Borg Queen at 4/5 and my best shot)

FF/FE my first 4* crew member (two are 3/4 level in the 80’s so goal is at least somewhat feasible)

FF/FE my 3* crew (only have 10 right now, 4 at 3/3)

Get a streak longer than 18 in the gauntlet (winning anything there is highly unlikely w/ my crew and pay grade)

I like the idea of themed collecting (same series, character, species, etc.), but that’s farther down the road for me due to my crew limits and current level.

What does joining a squadron entail?

Posted: 06 June 2017 10:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
SevenOf919 - 06 June 2017 08:21 PM

What does joining a squadron entail?

Well, there’s really two routes you can take:

1. Joining an existing squadron.
2. Creating your own squadron.

Of course, a precondition is being in a fleet, which has two similar entrance routes.

Anyhow, what does each route entail/require?

The first option requires you to get in touch with someone who has an open spot in their squadron, which is difficult, especially if you aren’t active in your fleet’s chat channel. The first option may come with additional requirements, such as having x amount of shuttles, x amount of immortalized crew, participating in a squad channel, etc. I’m sure you already know about the benefits of shared crew for shuttle events.

The second option has less requirements and also has the mechanic of you (potentially) sharing your crew for shuttle events. Of course, if you want your squadron to be competitive in events, you might need to be a little selective in who you let into your squadron.

Make cents?

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2017 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12
Female Vulcan Q - 06 June 2017 11:46 AM
Travis S McClain - 06 June 2017 11:36 AM

Hmmm…that’s an interesting goal. I have 10+ event crew to FE.

It’s not always about the crew you got from the previous event. If I don’t have event crew to share on a faction I try to have some good bonus crew to share. This usually leads down the path of having some version of main cast crew, but I prioritize my leveling when prepping for a faction targeting one specific bonus crew to share if I don’t already have a good one. If I get to the point that I don’t have to power level due to an impending event for sharing I think I will be making it to the goal posts on this one.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5