NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Weird shuttle bay bug: A ‘leapfrogging’ faction card and blank space
Posted: 19 May 2017 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08

Well this is a new one. Deciding to run some other factions during this event since I wasn’t getting good projected win percentages in my remaining 2 shuttles, I went scrolling through the other factions, and encountered this…

...the other side of the blank space…

And then at the far right, a faction with available missions…

...which I have never seen displayed to the right of factions that had no transmissions available. (This mission, for the Cardassians, was actually displayed to the left of the no-transmissions factions before I scrolled all the way to the right. So it “leapfrogged” the others somehow.)

Also, once I was fully scrolled to the right, it wouldn’t let me scroll back to the left. I just sort of snapped back to the far right after I tried scrolling. I exited the shuttle bay, and was able to scroll normally, until I went all the way to the right again, and the same thing happened as before. Opened the Cardassian mission (the one stuck on the right), and then the entire game froze.

Restarted the game, but the problem remains.

Thought I’d try one more thing, and purchase transmissions for all the factions which had none. Cardassian mission no longer leapfrogs to the far right, but the other issues persist. The gap, and the snap-back when you scroll far right and attempt to scroll left again.

EDIT: As you can see in the above screenshots, I’m also running a supply kit at the moment, if that might have any effect on this bug.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 19 May 2017 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08

Oops, forgot to note my device. red face

RCA Viking Pro tablet, running Android 6.0.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2017 08:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08

Restarted my device and this is still happening. The blank space is no longer showing up (at least not at the moment), but scrolling all the way to the right still gets me stuck there and unable to scroll back. Nobody else is having this problem??

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2017 12:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
Data1001 - 19 May 2017 05:23 PM

As you can see in the above screenshots, I’m also running a supply kit at the moment, if that might have any effect on this bug.

Well, my supply kit expired, but the issue is still happening.

I recorded video of the problem, in order to clarify exactly what is happening. This is a link to an MP4 video file, :49 seconds total, and just 14 MB in size:

http://www.filedropper.com/20170519204000

The file will supposedly stay up on that site “as long as people are downloading it”—whatever that means, exactly. wink

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2017 03:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
Data1001 - 20 May 2017 12:11 AM

I recorded video of the problem, in order to clarify exactly what is happening. This is a link to an MP4 video file, :49 seconds total, and just 14 MB in size:

http://www.filedropper.com/20170519204000

Okay, sorry for all the additional replies, but I managed to make a gif of the relevant part of the video, so you don’t necessarily need to visit the site above to download anything.

As you can see, the Ferengi Traditionalists faction card appears before the blank spot, then when I scroll to the right, it appears again at the far right. Then when I try to scroll back to the left, it “snaps back”—though I was able to do a left scroll by using two fingers, the first one holding my place, and the second finger scrolling further left. Truly a weird bug. And yes, it’s still happening, and I’m at a loss to explain why.

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2017 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11
Data1001 - 19 May 2017 08:40 PM

Restarted my device and this is still happening. The blank space is no longer showing up (at least not at the moment), but scrolling all the way to the right still gets me stuck there and unable to scroll back. Nobody else is having this problem??

Have just tried to replicate this for you.

It is occurring for me as well (partly).

I do not have the blank space, but when I scrolled to the far right the the row of factions ‘snapped’ back to the left a bit which seemed odd (indicating something unusual).

Then when I tried to scroll back to the left it kept ‘snapping’ back to the far right faction card.

I kept trying and after a couple of attempts I was able to scroll back to the left and see my active shuttles and the event Augments faction card so it seems to be OK (just a bit erratic).

To sum up, it’s behaving a bit odd.

Android version 6.0.1, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Tablet, Game version 2.0.1

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP