NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Buying Crew With Honor Points
Posted: 19 May 2017 01:07 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  436
Joined  2017-05-19

I believe a great help would be if we could buy any crew member from the honor vault, not just Kahless and Stargazer Picard.  I have been trying to get a Seven of Nine for quite a while.  She popped up in the Federation faction store at 15000 dilithium!  I have enough VIP to where that would “only” cost $120.  $120 for one character in a video game is nuts, and this is coming from someone who is pretty frivolous with his money, especially when it comes to this game (61050 VIP).  I understand a 5 star crew member would cost alot of honor, but at least let me try to get it that way.  Same with Locutus as I am having no luck getting him in Gauntlet.  It is just a small suggestion to cure my own small personal gripe, but other than that I absolutely LOVE this game and am hooked on it.

Signature 

AB

Posted: 19 May 2017 03:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  616
Joined  2016-11-29

Edit: Corrected my post, thought you were talking about your VIP Level.

Posted: 19 May 2017 05:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2016-08-30

Agreed.

Might as well, I don’t see a downside here at all.

Nice idea!

Signature 

—-
Blood from a stone DB, never again.
Need a good fleet with good people? Click here to check out mine!

Posted: 19 May 2017 06:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12

I’d love to see this. Just make it whatever characters are available in the standard pulls… so that event crew only shows up once they have been moved into that pool in whatever interval DB is doing it for.

The whole Behold thing for me is a non-starter since there is easily a chance of getting a behold with all three being FFed (or having none at all) in the pull.

Posted: 19 May 2017 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

I could see it getting to be too much with EVERYONE being in the honor store.  and potentially damaging to their sales.

But if we rotated monthly/weekly a featured 5* and 4* at “discount” prices (less than a behold)  it would be amazing.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 19 May 2017 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2016-09-23

How about having a slot in the Honor Hall that offers a different random character each day, choosing from among all the non-limited crew who DON’T appear in a faction store?

And while I’m making wishes, how about another HH slot that offers random limited crew, but at twice the “normal” price?

Posted: 23 May 2017 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  436
Joined  2017-05-19

I was thinking 5 slots, one for 1 star crew, one for two star crew, 3 star, 4 star, and 5 star each with however much honor that particular star will cost.  When you then click on that star, it takes you to a list of the available crew for that particular star amount.

Signature 

AB

Posted: 24 May 2017 11:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14
Enterprise Was Best - 23 May 2017 06:51 PM

I was thinking 5 slots, one for 1 star crew, one for two star crew, 3 star, 4 star, and 5 star each with however much honor that particular star will cost.  When you then click on that star, it takes you to a list of the available crew for that particular star amount.

If EVERY character was available for honor for a base, they would need to be prohibitively expensive, if a citation is 50k, a character would need to end up being like 60-75k.

I would rather get rotating individual characters at a lower special price.  I don’t think either will end up likely however.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 24 May 2017 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2016-06-14

Sounds like a nice idea.

I don’t believe DB wants us to be able to get exactly what we want. It makes more since for them to have us pay for random characters to fill our quarters, buy more slots to accommodate the new crew, power level them so they can be frozen in order to make space for new crew, buy more random characters in hopes of getting duplicates for fusing, dismiss excessive crew for Honor Points, save those honor points for months, use those honor points to add a star to a legendary or super-rare because we can never find another copy in the random packs we buy and keep repeating the process until we go broke, get everything (lol) or they shut the game down. I don’t think it’s greed by DB but it is a money making machine designed this way on purpose.

Posted: 24 May 2017 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2017-02-21

This could be implemented via faction stores rather easily.
It could also be implemented for 1 and 2* crew without affecting balance almost at all, while allowing more experienced players to easily complete their collections.

‹‹ Perfection Pack      Beginning to hate this ››