Buying extra EAS tickets, then saving the chrons for Saturday: foolish, or worth it?
Posted: 18 May 2017 10:59 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  713
Joined  2017-01-08

So, since Phase II of this event begins midday Saturday with the Galaxy portion, I was considering doing something a little crazy…

I was thinking of buying extra tickets for Ex Astris, Scientia and building up my chronitons, but instead of using them, sitting on them until Phase II begins.

Is this a foolish idea? I would guess there are others who are planning on something like this (especially since I know some players save chronitons from Monday & Wednesday EAS missions for a weekend Galaxy event). But that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a good plan. wink

If I don’t buy/use my extra tickets until at least 12 hours from now, I’d only be losing one day’s worth of chroniton refills. And I’m sure I could get a lot further in the second phase with all those extras. (It’s especially tempting because I’m doing terrible in the Faction part of this event so far, but I do want to try to place at least top 1500 at the end, if possible.) So I’m curious what y’all think of the idea.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 19 May 2017 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2017-01-20

Not sure if this helps, but I bought an extra batch of EAS tickets on the Monday of the last Galaxy event.  I was less than 50 spots away from top-1000 and wanted an Assimilated Torres and was successful in making up that ground.  So I’ve done the same thing you did, only I did it on the Monday morning of a Galaxy event, not the Friday.  It’s not a crazy idea, by any stretch.  I guess my suggestion would be think about doing it Monday morning as opposed to today due to the potential that your chrons may help you jump more spots on Monday, when a lot of folks will have called it quits for the Galaxy portion, instead of “Saturday thru Sunday” when most are still engaged.  That assumes, of course, that real life would allow you the time to go for a mad dash in the game on a Monday morning.

Good luck w/ the decision…

Signature 

“Too many people dream of places they’ll never go, wish for things they’ll never have, instead of paying adequate attention to their real lives.” ~ Odo (“If Wishes Were Horses”, S1E15)

Posted: 19 May 2017 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1845
Joined  2014-04-18

I’d get the chrons now and farm items likely to be in the galaxy part of the event.  That way you still accumulate chrons from the 6 minute drip.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = Unimatrix B4 - Zero, Rank = 190* FC

Posted: 19 May 2017 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  657
Joined  2016-09-23

If you’re not maxed already, you can gain up to 110 chrons via normal recharge between when EAS ends and the Galaxy phase begins.

So, 110 natural vs 150 purchased…

Posted: 19 May 2017 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
Drunk Shimoda - 19 May 2017 06:33 AM

Not sure if this helps, but I bought an extra batch of EAS tickets on the Monday of the last Galaxy event.  I was less than 50 spots away from top-1000 and wanted an Assimilated Torres and was successful in making up that ground.  So I’ve done the same thing you did, only I did it on the Monday morning of a Galaxy event, not the Friday.  It’s not a crazy idea, by any stretch.  I guess my suggestion would be think about doing it Monday morning as opposed to today due to the potential that your chrons may help you jump more spots on Monday, when a lot of folks will have called it quits for the Galaxy portion, instead of “Saturday thru Sunday” when most are still engaged.  That assumes, of course, that real life would allow you the time to go for a mad dash in the game on a Monday morning.

Good luck w/ the decision…

I actually did the same thing last Galaxy event. wink

My question was more of whether or not it’s a good idea to sit on a bunch of chrons for a whole day and lose out on the ones I’d get by not having a full “tank”. But I will probably also do the extra Monday purchases, depending on how much I need the boost by then.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2017 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
[DoBetter] [NDQ] Joker41NAM - 19 May 2017 12:09 PM

If you’re not maxed already, you can gain up to 110 chrons via normal recharge between when EAS ends and the Galaxy phase begins.

So, 110 natural vs 150 purchased…

Well, it’d be a lot more than 150 purchased, as I’d certainly buy more than one extra set of tickets if I did this. So likely at least 450 purchased, if not more.

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2017 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
Papinka - 19 May 2017 08:12 AM

I’d get the chrons now and farm items likely to be in the galaxy part of the event.  That way you still accumulate chrons from the 6 minute drip.

Not a bad idea, but I’m not completely certain I’d be farming the correct items, as those have changed between events sometimes, yeah?

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2017 03:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  454
Joined  2016-10-12
Data1001 - 19 May 2017 03:16 PM

Not a bad idea, but I’m not completely certain I’d be farming the correct items, as those have changed between events sometimes, yeah?

last galaxy event had 5/7 recipe repeats with name changes only. the 1* items are more valuable to farm now, especially databases

Signature 

“The flimsier the product, the higher the price.” FRA #82

Per Audacia Ad Astra

Posted: 19 May 2017 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
[PAaA] Spear - 19 May 2017 03:30 PM
Data1001 - 19 May 2017 03:16 PM

last galaxy event had 5/7 recipe repeats with name changes only. the 1* items are more valuable to farm now, especially databases

I’m starting to lean in the direction you proposed, but I’m not quite all the way there yet. Yes, those databases were needed frequently. Looking at the wiki for Zero Hour, and then going by my best recollection, these were the items that I most often needed to farm during the Galaxy phase of that event:

Basic TR-580 Medical Tricorder

Basic Casing

Basic Sensor

Common Sensor ★

Common Power Cell ★

Common Backpack ★

Basic Database (Panel)

Common Database (Panel) ★

Basic Hyperspanner (DS9) - [or, as I like to call it, the paintbrush]

Basic Optronic Data Core - [aka ‘the cello case’]

Basic Physiostimulator - [aka THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE]

Are there any others that you (or any other players reading this) can think of which I should focus on pre-farming for Phase II of this event?

Signature 

Posted: 19 May 2017 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-01-08
Data1001 - 19 May 2017 04:41 PM

Basic TR-580 Medical Tricorder

Basic Casing

Basic Sensor

Common Sensor ★

Common Power Cell ★

Common Backpack ★

Basic Database (Panel)

Common Database (Panel) ★

Basic Hyperspanner (DS9) - [or, as I like to call it, the paintbrush]

Basic Optronic Data Core - [aka ‘the cello case’]

Basic Physiostimulator - [aka THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE]

So… I decided not to do it. Instead I’ve taken Spear’s advice and gone the pre-farming route. Been running multiple missions of Under New Management, On Their Heels, Assault and Battery, The Wrong Crowd, Stolen Honor, and any others which are best chance to drop the above items. Hopefully this will give me a decent start to Phase II on Saturday.

Signature