Borg Queen immediately deals 325% damage….......If.  It’s a big If…..
Posted: 18 May 2017 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2017-02-07

The Borg Queen will be my first FF 5* thanks to the $25 deal, and just this morning I finished equipping her (yea!).  All my other legendaries will probably sit at 1* until the game closes. except maybe by then I’ll have enough honor to buy one star.  So how about I put the Borg Queen in a ship?  Wow, 325% damage…...if the ship has Position status.  Okay, which ships do I have at a decent level that grant Position?  Oh, none of those give Position.  Which ships do I have that grant Position that I would need to level? Oh, none of them.  Well how many 5* ships grant Position status anyway, if there are some (if not, must be a cool Borg one coming sometime)? Checks full ship menu…oh, there is one: NX-01 Enterprise.  I have 0/600 schematics toward building it.  So basically only whales have it at a respectable level for actual use.

Well played, DB. You gave us all a high-star legendary without having her completely change the space meta over the period of her release and you incentivized many people to give the NX packs another look from now on whenever they return to the shop.  Well played.

Posted: 18 May 2017 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  404
Joined  2016-03-30

The arena rewards aren’t that great anyway, the bright side is with a small amount of effort and $25 you get a 5/5 character. I hope they continue this trend in the months to come.

Signature 

Fleet= Quark’s Holosuite

Posted: 18 May 2017 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1153
Joined  2017-04-11

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or actually complimenting DB with that final paragraph…

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list / Limited Crew list / Gauntlet Crit Chances
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet officer - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
United Kingdom. Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 18 May 2017 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2516
Joined  2016-07-14

Arena sucks, she will work well on a defiant or cube 4* for clearing missions.  Nx didn’t even have positioning on release, they added it after the fact due to complaints about 5* position triggers.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk to the past week’s event #1 IKK, talk about the efficiency of Honor income and realistic spending plans, fleet targets and time frames for completing, and a new genderless life form is discovered that Riker still finds a way to nail.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 18 May 2017 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  456
Joined  2016-05-03

And even that’s meaningless since very, very few even have the NX-01 let alone maxed.

Positioning needs to be added to another 5* ship or the NX-01 needs to be more readily a available. Or just change they Queen’s trigger.

Signature 

Task Force April - Emperor and Overlord of Spaaaaace
April’s Aces - Brooding Lonely at the Top Command Officer

We’re looking for a few good lifeforms…

Visit our recruiting thread

Posted: 18 May 2017 03:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1396
Joined  2016-03-30

...or maybe, just maybe, there are other ships in the works…?

/still saving up DIL for Enterprise-E

Posted: 18 May 2017 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2017-02-07
das411 - 18 May 2017 03:35 PM

Ya, that’s where the Borg Queen should be.  smile

Posted: 18 May 2017 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  910
Joined  2016-06-15

You’re giving too much planning credit to DB.  I still maintain they’re creating characters, ships, and missions in isolation.  Half the time these contradictions aren’t even noticed until players look at the data.  The team creating the Queen thought this would be a cool special ability for her, so they added it.  They never even bothered to check which ships were possible to use with it.  It’s the same reason we had impossible nodes in cadet missions.  The mission designers built mission requirements that made sense for the mission story and never bothered to check if there were cadets that could actually pass the requirement.

Posted: 18 May 2017 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2516
Joined  2016-07-14
Keithustus - 18 May 2017 03:52 PM
das411 - 18 May 2017 03:35 PM

Ya, that’s where the Borg Queen should be.  smile

Actually, it does kinda make sense since we met her there lol.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk to the past week’s event #1 IKK, talk about the efficiency of Honor income and realistic spending plans, fleet targets and time frames for completing, and a new genderless life form is discovered that Riker still finds a way to nail.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 19 May 2017 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2016-02-16

Same goes for 5* sisqo.

Signature 

157 Immortalized