1 2 3 >  Last ›
DB, if you keep creating noncanon characters, I will stop playing the game.
Posted: 17 May 2017 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-08-05

Title pretty much says it all.  I can’t be the only one.

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1259
Joined  2017-01-08

I understand the desire to not want things to get too far out of hand, but “non-canon” is pretty much the concept that this entire game is built upon. Different timelines means that non-canon crew are not only going to keep showing up, they are going to be showing up in force.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2016-07-18

My own view is a difference of degree, not of kind. I won’t pay money for non-canon characters, and I’ll airlock the especially ugly ones (well, hello there, 23rd Century Martok) if they somehow find their way on to my roster.

I don’t object to them in theory, but for a new, non-canon character to matter to me his/her presence has to be integral to an interesting story. Unfortunately, storytelling has not been a strength of this game. The Borg event represents a welcome step forward in that regard, with some serialization and higher stakes, but we’re still not at a point where two months from now I’m going to be able to explain how Phlox, Tolian Soran and Arik Soong tie together in repelling the Borg invasion - their narrative value to me is going to be as the characters I remember from watching Star Trek.

Long story short, a non-canon character needs great art and a compelling story to really grab my attention. Sometimes DB manages the first; so far they have yet to manage the second.

(On a related storytelling note: I’m really hoping that this event concludes with the Ferengi Traditionalists getting rolled up into the Alliance as part of making the Borg Resistance or Unimatrix Zero or whatever it’s own faction. The Traditionalists lost a civil war ages ago, with no apparent repercussions.)

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1259
Joined  2017-01-08
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 17 May 2017 09:08 PM

(On a related storytelling note: I’m really hoping that this event concludes with the Ferengi Traditionalists getting rolled up into the Alliance as part of making the Borg Resistance or Unimatrix Zero or whatever it’s own faction.

Completely agreed. I’ve always thought that having two separate Ferengi factions is a little ridiculous, when there are so many others that could be represented. But yes, Borg Resistance or Unimatrix Zero would be my first choice to take their place, as well.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2016-02-20

Some art is very good. Others not. With so many people in the series, there shouldn’t be a need to create fake characters. Aviator yar looks good but why not use amelia earhart from voyager. Stuff like that

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  245
Joined  2016-12-28

In attempt at more concise expression, I respectfully submit the following image response to the sensationalist ultimatum presented in this thread:

Signature 

We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
Consider participating in civil discourse, being like water, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  756
Joined  2016-05-28
(FF) The Sisko1 - 17 May 2017 09:13 PM

Some art is very good. Others not. With so many people in the series, there shouldn’t be a need to create fake characters. Aviator yar looks good but why not use amelia earhart from voyager. Stuff like that

Whilst there are many good characters yet to be in game, those characters are still finite in number. I don’t mind them stretching things out a little by adding in a few reasonable creations. I’m not a fan of Assimilated La Forge’s artwork but Borg versions of just about any character I wouldn’t mind*. Its always something that could’ve happened in either TNG or Voyager.

*Assuming I have a decent stockpile of relays, polyalloys and interlinks on hand.

Signature 

VIP 6 - 105 Crew Slots - 210 Immortals

Posted: 17 May 2017 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2015-04-12

I honestly would love to see more non-canon characters. After all, this is a game about multiple different timelines in ST. So there are multiple realities out there where things turned out different. Like I wouldn’t mind seeing a Chancellor Worf in the game. Or an assimilated Sisko. Or an assimilated Phlox like if he failed to treat himself with the radiation to get rid of the Borg nanites.

Posted: 18 May 2017 12:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2016-12-06
pie4all88 - 17 May 2017 08:27 PM

Title pretty much says it all.  I can’t be the only one.

Don’t you know Janeway doesnt respond well to threats?

Posted: 18 May 2017 02:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2016-07-30

Don’t let the door hit you in the ass in your way out.

Signature 

My Crew Quarters

Prolific STT Wiki contributor.

Star Trek is a work of fiction. All characters in this game are fake. If you believe otherwise, please seek professional help. We care about you.

Posted: 18 May 2017 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  606
Joined  2016-11-29

Don’t like these non canon chars either. Although I won’t quit the game, this will definitive affect my spending on this game as I don’t want to risk getting those in packs.

It doesn’t even make sense to create those chars, there are SO MANY actual chars which this game is lacking yet, for example Adm. Forrest, Lt Hawk, Chell, Mott, Adm. Ross or Soval and many of the Mirror Universe. I’d much prefer those, because I have a connection to them.

Posted: 18 May 2017 04:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2707
Joined  2015-12-05
Ambassador Xoiiku - 17 May 2017 09:19 PM

In attempt at more concise expression, I respectfully submit the following image response to the sensationalist ultimatum presented in this thread:

Lol. I couldn’t agree more.

I personally like non-canon versions of characters. DB has the right to tell their Star Trek story with their characters—and, although on the storytelling side I’d like to see some more flesh, I usually appreciate the new crew.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-05-18

On the subject of factions, I am surprised the Gorn and Breen haven’tbeen included.

Posted: 18 May 2017 07:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2015-10-04

I agree at the poster,  i also have 0 interest in none canon crew . I consequently airlocked all fakes.

Another point is the NX a pre TOS ship as 5* ship this is ridicolous too !
So i never bought NX packs grin

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2017 08:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2016-11-21
qxqx - 18 May 2017 04:23 AM

Don’t like these non canon chars either. Although I won’t quit the game, this will definitive affect my spending on this game as I don’t want to risk getting those in packs.

It doesn’t even make sense to create those chars, there are SO MANY actual chars which this game is lacking yet, for example Adm. Forrest, Lt Hawk, Chell, Mott, Adm. Ross or Soval and many of the Mirror Universe. I’d much prefer those, because I have a connection to them.

Agreed. Although it won’t affect my spending any more or any less as a monthly only player

Posted: 18 May 2017 08:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  586
Joined  2016-05-03

Non-canon characters serve one purpose only: Diluting the character pool meaning you’ve a reduced chance to FF existing crew and will need to buy more packs to do so.

Factor in power creep and… blech.

Signature 

Task Force April - Emperor and Overlord of Spaaaaace
April’s Aces - Brooding Lonely at the Top Command Officer

We’re looking for a few good lifeforms…

Visit our recruiting thread

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5