NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
Key information about Resistance - 05/25 - Edit: 05/24 with additional explanations
Posted: 17 May 2017 07:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27

Rats, I was really hoping that Guinan was going to be an event character the last week of May. :(

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 17 May 2017 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
tyzx92 - 17 May 2017 07:18 PM

Sounds like a marvelous event! Can’t wait for it. I really hope Admiral Picard is the same Admiral Picard from Past Imperfect.

I’m guessing it’s not going to be this Picard (though that would be pretty cool). wink

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 17 May 2017 07:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2016-07-18

I’m very pleased to see the expedition event tied into a hybrid format. I enjoy expeditions, but even I don’t want to play them all the time; hopefully this will get them back into the regular rotation and the duration will be a little bit more palatable for the player base as a whole.

Posted: 17 May 2017 07:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2017-03-27

Commander Shelby tho!  :( :( :(

For reals, I’m excited about the crew rewards for this. Just itching for some Shelb!

Signature 

Posted: 17 May 2017 08:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2015-04-12
Data1001 - 17 May 2017 07:29 PM

Sounds like a marvelous event! Can’t wait for it. I really hope Admiral Picard is the same Admiral Picard from Past Imperfect.

I’m guessing it’s not going to be this Picard (though that would be pretty cool). wink

Great Scott! That’s a buff Picard. Now you I hope DB makes a buff mirror version of Picard.

Posted: 17 May 2017 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  361
Joined  2016-02-26

events over holiday weekends usually run into Tuesday. Is Phase 2 ending on Tuesday at Noon EST?

YAY EXPEDITION!

Signature 

/SSR/ Barclay
Second Star to the Right - Leader
Fleet for Serious Trekkers (We Are Recruiting!) - https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/54357/

Vigilantly seeking #justiceforDST

Posted: 17 May 2017 10:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  854
Joined  2016-09-15

One solution to ticket problem is to not have them as rewards. I am ok with that.
And, maybe that is what they did.

On the Galaxy hybrid, I do not mind not having all the Chrons for Galaxy half. Ususually i don not do much building in that event anyhow.
But for you that are concerned. They do not change the recipes farm in advance , knowing what you farmed in previous events. You should have to get those same items.

Posted: 17 May 2017 11:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  408
Joined  2016-04-10

With Janeway and Picard, I assume it will be a Federation faction event???

Posted: 18 May 2017 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2017-03-29

Yay!! Some solid characters here smile.  I’m looking forward to it and thanks, Shan, as always!  We appreciate you.

Signature 

Solidarity with fellow players urging DB to Do Better.  Thank you Shan and DB for recent notable improvements in communication and gameplay.

Posted: 18 May 2017 06:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2017-02-27

So this is the last event of May’s mega Event then? I’m surprised that Locutus and / or Tempted Data never got any specific time in the sun
Saying that, I see that Tempted Data doesn’t actually have the ‘Borg’ tag, that could have been easily added though and even if not he would have still been more ‘on-topic’ than, say, Mirror Phlox! (was quite nice to get that guy though, to be fair)

Posted: 18 May 2017 11:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2016-12-06

Jeez..that crew didn’t skip Arms day at the gym.

Posted: 18 May 2017 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2017-01-19
Shan - 17 May 2017 05:15 PM

Event Name: Resistance
Event Type: Hybrid Event : Faction Event followed by an Expedition Event
Event Crew: Assimilated Janeway 5* (New), Admiral Picard 4* (New) and Riley Frazier 4* (New)
Event Dates: Thursday 05/25 until Tuesday 05/30
Phase 1 End Time: Sunday 05/28 at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)

Event bonus crew: These exact event crew, and the Borg Queen, provide the best bonuses, but all versions of event crew + all crew with the Borg trait provide some.

Does Locutus get the second-best bonus since he’s borg + Picard variant?

Has anything similar come up before with characters hitting multiple versions of the some bonus?

Posted: 18 May 2017 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11
Captain Karate Spock - 18 May 2017 12:08 PM

Event Crew: Assimilated Janeway 5* (New), Admiral Picard 4* (New) and Riley Frazier 4* (New)

Event bonus crew: These exact event crew, and the Borg Queen, provide the best bonuses, but all versions of event crew + all crew with the Borg trait provide some.

Does Locutus get the second-best bonus since he’s borg + Picard variant?

Has anything similar come up before with characters hitting multiple versions of the some bonus?

That’s a really good question…

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 18 May 2017 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1927
Joined  2014-04-18

Hybrid Event : Faction Event followed by an Expedition Event

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes that’s Tomalak in the background

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 18 May 2017 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2016-08-30

Nice.

Thanks for the prompt info, Shan.

I should do okay, with all my crew that’ll have a bonus.

[NDQ] A Blues fan - 17 May 2017 05:30 PM

Sounds great! Well done to the people who called the Assimilated Janeway 5* - you were spot on!

Also nice to see 2 new 4* for the final event - I can’t wait smile

YAY!

And also, everything else you said.

I just hope the art is as truly badass as I picture it in my head. Because when it came to the Borg, Janeway was the ultimate badass. Every bit as much as Picard, in my opinion. And this coming from. DS9 > TNG > ENT = TOS > Voyager man.

I mean, it may be my least favorite, but they saved that series at the end, once The Borg came into the picture, and Seven joined the crew.

Same with all Trek for me. TOS had the movies that were better. Enterprise got better after Earth was attacked (then had the worst finale in history, Sopranos included), TNG got better about halfway and had the movies, and DS9… well, The Dominion War was everything I ever wanted, and as soon as Sisko lost the hair, it was ON.

Total war throughout the quadrant… mmm. Trek needed those huge space battles, and to show war from their future, and what that looks like. Like the grunts on the planet Nog got shot on. I always wondered about that stuff. What their enlisted soldiers look like, etc.

Sounds like a marvelous event! Can’t wait for it. I really hope Admiral Picard is the same Admiral Picard from Future Imperfect.

I saw and hoped for Picard from the finale, “All Good Things”.

But I will totally settle for your idea, and it makes more sense and sounds better.

Unless they make “senile” or “mentally ill” a trait, lol.

Female Vulcan Q - 17 May 2017 07:28 PM

Rats, I was really hoping that Guinan was going to be an event character the last week of May. :(

I feel ya’, I really really do

She could be the only Legendary with DIP as her only trait.

Just like Species 8472 could have SEC only.

I hoped they’d make an appearance.  I mean, they did go to war with, and nearly destroy the Borg.

And Guinan makes sense, her race was nearly destroyed by The Borg.

Anabolic Steroids Picard!

Be well, everybody!

Signature 

—-
Blood from a stone DB, never again.
Need a good fleet with good people? Click here to check out mine!

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 12