1 2 > 
Maybe we should try less ranting and bemoaning
Posted: 17 May 2017 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2016-12-06

What’s with all the ranting and bemoaning here? If you want to be constructive, post a reasoned message without emotion. This is a game, not life. Appreciate it for what it is.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2017-04-11
Mr. Kite - 17 May 2017 04:03 PM

What’s with all the ranting and bemoaning here? If you want to be constructive, post a reasoned message without emotion. This is a game, not life. Appreciate it for what it is.

Hear, hear!

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet member - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2017-01-20

If there’s one thing people like more than breathing, it’s bitching and moaning about not having their every whim, desire, suggestion, and opinion catered to by a company whose product they willingly purchase and interact with.

Signature 

“Too many people dream of places they’ll never go, wish for things they’ll never have, instead of paying adequate attention to their real lives.” ~ Odo (“If Wishes Were Horses”, S1E15)

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2016-12-06

Personally, I just come here primarily to find out what DB will or has changed in the game and for prospective event information. But it seems like there is a 5:1 ratio of angry v. useful posts.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2016-12-06

....which reminds me. Is the final Borg event info releasing soon? Hope so.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  842
Joined  2016-04-01
Mr. Kite - 17 May 2017 04:20 PM

But it seems like there is a 5:1 ratio of angry v. useful posts.

Maybe that’s because many users feel like there is a 5:1 ratio of adverse v. helpful actions on DB’s part.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2016-12-08
Mr. Kite - 17 May 2017 04:27 PM

....which reminds me. Is the final Borg event info releasing soon? Hope so.

It should come out today - it was stated previously that new event info will be announced on Wednesdays.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  627
Joined  2016-07-18

While I’ll be the first to admit that I find the constant anger in these forums discouraging at times, I’d be remiss if I didn’t add that “angry” and “helpful” are not mutually exclusive. I can think of several occasions where anger on the forums seemed to prompt improvement in the game.

The balance may be off, but there’s no question in my mind that there’s a role to be played by the forums in pushing DB to make improvements to the game. Sometimes that involves a bit of emotion.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2016-12-06
Fletcher Christian - 17 May 2017 04:28 PM

Maybe that’s because many users feel like there is a 5:1 ratio of adverse v. helpful actions on DB’s part.

Still doesn’t warrant the manner in which they post. Don’t think you can say its “many” users seeing it seems to be the same people ranting over and over again.

And if you really can’t stand the way DB runs a game, simply stop playing the game. This is an entertainment product. If you hate the product and think DB has a 5:1 bad to good move ratio, you do have a choice which doesn’t entail getting angry on forums.

Posted: 17 May 2017 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1027
Joined  2015-05-03

I agree there is too much bemoaning on these forums…. wait…

Posted: 17 May 2017 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  100
Joined  2016-12-24

In any situation, having someone question and even criticise your actions often helps you to reflect on them yourself and might lead to making better choices in future. I don’t claim to know the full history by any means, but I’m sure points raised by posters on here in the past have certainly influenced DB’s choices for the better, whether DB admits it or not.

The Vault for example appeared after something of that nature was extensively discussed on the forums. Cumulative rewards in events similarly. And input from the community is undoutedly why DB now gives us advance notice on events when they didn’t before.

I’m not advocating rudeness by any means; one can and should be respectful, but never underestimate the power ordinary people have to effect change!

Posted: 17 May 2017 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  719
Joined  2017-01-08

I’m actually surprised to see this thread. Pleasantly surprised. (Especially since I had put you on my “Ignore” list for some reason that I no longer remember, Mr. Kite. wink But that has been reversed, and you are now free to roam about my feed.)

Could not agree more with OP. Critique and antagonism are not the same thing. One can even post how a certain change has made one feel disappointed or upset, without it becoming confrontational and accusatory.

I do understand and empathize with those players who temporarily go a bit off the rails, though. Because I think for many—not all, perhaps, but many—playing games satisfies a need within, giving people a taste of having some control and pride in something… which perhaps might be somewhat lacking in other areas of one’s life. There have been several occasions in the past that I myself have taken games way too seriously and lost my temper. Not my proudest moments, in retrospect. Yes, from an outside point of view, doing so seems silly and frivolous—but human beings tend to be very protective of things which give them enjoyment, or moments of respite from the real world.

However, we may also try to keep in mind that while Disruptor Beam is a company, it is also made up of people just like us. People who love games. People who are honestly trying to make a great one in STT. And (despite the temptation to view them as just another “money-grabbing company”), people who have no desire to try to “screw over” other gamers.

Have there been mistakes, oversights, etc.? Of course. And that’s where these forums come in handy, for both us and them. For us, it gives us a chance to express our ideas, suggestions, and frustrations—and for DB, it’s obviously a wonderful opportunity to get a sense of what players are thinking, feeling and experiencing in the game. But ranting and raving like a lunatic (as emotionally satisfying as that may be) is not only counter-productive, but brings distress to both “sides”... stirring up negative emotions, rather than encouraging positive discussion as well as the possibility of eventual accord.

And as always, this post is not spam, but it may contain a small portion of other luncheon meats.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 17 May 2017 07:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2014-12-20

Have you ever bothered yourself to ask a question why? These are pretty well earned proportions. DB has a power to revert this situation but somehow refuses to do it…

Posted: 17 May 2017 07:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2016-12-28

Just going to say that I agree with the premise of the thread and then link to another similar thread, one which essentially asked the same question, though went about it in a slightly different way.

Very irritated about all the things

People might find it interesting, if not instructive, to read through that thread and see if their ideas have been expressed before and review the discussion on those points. Perhaps, it will help the conversation along and help create some positive change.

Signature 

We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
Consider participating in civil discourse and supporting the creation of a 5* USS Defiant Refit/USS São Paulo (NCC-75633) and 2* USS Valiant (NCC-74210)

Posted: 18 May 2017 12:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2016-12-06
Data1001 - 17 May 2017 06:25 PM

I’m actually surprised to see this thread. Pleasantly surprised. (Especially since I had put you on my “Ignore” list for some reason that I no longer remember, Mr. Kite. wink But that has been reversed, and you are now free to roam about my feed.)

appreciated and noted your reasoned points.

Posted: 18 May 2017 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  477
Joined  2016-07-30

But where will I get my daily fix of babyrage if people stop posting it here?

Signature 

My Crew Quarters

Prolific STT Wiki contributor.

Star Trek is a work of fiction. All characters in this game are fake. If you believe otherwise, please seek professional help. We care about you.

1 2 > 
1 of 2