NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

What is the status on the “skilla AND skillb” shuttle issues seen in last event?
Posted: 17 May 2017 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2016-10-05

The next shuttle event is less than 24 hours away. What are we to expect with respect to the strange behavior of “AND” shuttle slots?

AFAIK DB promised to provide information in this engineering room thread Shuttle AND behaving like OR? but there is none so far?

Should we expect the same situation, where missions with 1 or more AND slots filled with the ‘best’ crew according to the sorting done for us will show projected success chances that are much higher than what will actually be the actual end-result (when looking at larger samples, not individual cases…)

Or has this issue been addressed?

I’m aware DB stated that they think it was ‘only’ an sorting order issue. I personally do not agree that this is the case, as the sorting was consistent (for me) with the ‘highest’ mission success prediction (which did not yield the best actual success percentages IMHO…

...During the event I switched from selecting the crew with the highest success prediction as provided by the client to filling in the best crew based on the old ‘reversed engineered’ logic (as can be seen on the Wiki). As a result the advertised ‘success prediction went down (from 95-99% range to 70%-80% range, but the ACTUAL successful missions went up significantly.
So top-of-sorting was consistent with projected succes chance, but the lower projected success chance missions performed better for me. (Only at that time i managed to move from 2250- 2750VP to 4000VP level without a hitch, where I normally operate in most recent faction events.)

(I cherry pick my event missions, so my sample size is roughly 4-5 batches of the same 4 missions, each event day, I’m not mixing data by comparing different missions…)

Signature 

DUTCH DELTA FLEET is recruiting dutch speaking members, see our thread here - dutch delta fleet

Posted: 17 May 2017 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11

inb4Shanposts:

Why make yet another thread regarding this?

I hope they solve it soon though. Too many threads about this for there not to be an issue with either sorting, % chance displayed, or success calculations in the background (or a combination of these).

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 17 May 2017 03:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

I semi expect the easiest short term fix is no and/or shuttles, or a greatly reduced number. going to take a full client build to fix this kind of client side visual only bug and that will need at least a week to get through Apple.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 17 May 2017 06:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  439
Joined  2016-12-01

I don’t think it’s only sorting or only appearance.
I think a mix of the two coupled with an accidental negitive where the should be a positive and that gets multiplied by boosts to some degree or another.

The equations have given us quick sand.
The harder we push to counter a fail, the more we ramp up our characters in the event the harder it becomes and we sink faster.

A vorik or other single skill characters in the and slot should be a help (I theorize)

Signature 

Yay Voyages !
Don’t nerf them or screw it up.
Please :D

Posted: 17 May 2017 11:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  854
Joined  2016-09-15
Roonis - 17 May 2017 03:45 PM

I semi expect the easiest short term fix is no and/or shuttles, or a greatly reduced number. going to take a full client build to fix this kind of client side visual only bug and that will need at least a week to get through Apple.

I am almost already seeing this. But I did get one with and, probably will not have any in upcoming event.

DB should acknowledge the problem and say no AND slots in next event as they work on fixing what might be new mechanics for them

I think OR’s are okay. But I do not know.

Posted: 18 May 2017 01:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2016-10-05

Cross posting a DB reply on the topic from the engineering forum (as it gets viewed be so few people.)

This is still being discussed by the team, while I do not have more information at this time, I hope to have an update soon.

I understand how inconvenient this can be, especially for events.

I’m glad it is acknowledged that this issue is inconvenient for events, for me its more than that its turning an event where one can normally do better by having a well ltrained crew and careful selection in a seemingly random “you don’t know what you’ll get anyway” draw as far as shuttle success chances.

But as there is obviously no solution (at the time that was written) I hope that this understanding has also resulted in DB doing whatever is possible to remove this inconvenience from the event that is about to start.

Signature 

DUTCH DELTA FLEET is recruiting dutch speaking members, see our thread here - dutch delta fleet