NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
Rich Text Removal
Posted: 17 May 2017 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2016-06-21

This caused me to disband my fleet due to the fact the name would become gibberish a fleet of 50 disbanded just to appease a removal of color maybe you should add an edit fleet name option as well as squadron.

Signature 

(’‘’‘W’‘’‘’)iZzа^^£
  ‘~^~’ ~~~~(DP)

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  605
Joined  2016-05-03
|/|/izzdome - 17 May 2017 09:02 PM

This caused me to disband my fleet due to the fact the name would become gibberish a fleet of 50 disbanded just to appease a removal of color maybe you should add an edit fleet name option as well as squadron.

Ouch. I feel for you.

I wish there was a way to edit fleet and squad names. Such simple things DB could fix/add.

Signature 

Task Force April - Emperor and Overlord of Spaaaaace
April’s Aces - Brooding Lonely at the Top Command Officer

We’re looking for a few good lifeforms…

Visit our recruiting thread

Posted: 18 May 2017 07:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  130
Joined  2017-02-16
Ashie - 17 May 2017 11:27 AM

that’s awful. Leave it to a select few… namely one individual that I know of in particular… to ruin it for everyone.

Surely there’s a way to block certain codes instead of removing them all?

+1

Signature 

Proud member of eXo.

Posted: 18 May 2017 02:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2016-03-30

So the new mantra is the wants of the few outweigh the wants of the many.

Signature 

Fleet= Quark’s Holosuite

Posted: 18 May 2017 03:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  605
Joined  2016-05-03

Seems so. Just as DB was doing better…

If I don’t get my rich text back I’ll… I’ll… um… continue being a tad disappointed. Seriously though, it is stupid on DB’s part. Tweak the settings. Easy. But nope, they had to screw everyone.

Signature 

Task Force April - Emperor and Overlord of Spaaaaace
April’s Aces - Brooding Lonely at the Top Command Officer

We’re looking for a few good lifeforms…

Visit our recruiting thread

Posted: 18 May 2017 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1354
Joined  2017-01-08
Oxmyx - 18 May 2017 02:00 PM

Respectfully, I don’t feel like that’s a particularly accurate statement, judging by the small percentage of players and squadrons that actually took advantage of making their names look “special” with the rich text codes. The “many” have just been more vocal about having this option taken away. I feel confident in saying that the vast majority of players couldn’t give a hoot one way or the other, with the possible caveat that a good portion of those may have found it occasionally annoying.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2015-10-04
Data1001 - 18 May 2017 04:40 PM

Respectfully, I don’t feel like that’s a particularly accurate statement, judging by the small percentage of players and squadrons that actually took advantage of making their names look “special” with the rich text codes. The “many” have just been more vocal about having this option taken away. I feel confident in saying that the vast majority of players couldn’t give a hoot one way or the other, with the possible caveat that a good portion of those may have found it occasionally annoying.

Disagree,  you expected the last event’s leaderboard’s? Colored named overall same in admiral’s division or other’s

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-10-04

And some peeps are still running rich texts,  maybe they didnt update or didnt close the game and restart…

Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11

Agreed. The different colours, some bold, some italic, it all just looked a mess in my opinion.

However, I expect most people didn’t do it because they didn’t know how to. If DB added an actual function in the settings menu (e.g. colour/italics/bold for displayed name on leaderboards etc.) I expect a lot more might have taken advantage of it, (although I’m glad such options don’t exist).

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  167
Joined  2017-05-13

Maybe DB can add some color text ability into the game text so we can have creativity without being obtrusive.

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-10-04
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 18 May 2017 05:05 PM

Agreed. The different colours, some bold, some italic, it all just looked a mess in my opinion.

However, I expect most people didn’t do it because they didn’t know how to. If DB added an actual function in the settings menu (e.g. colour/italics/bold for displayed name on leaderboards etc.) I expect a lot more might have taken advantage of it, (although I’m glad such options don’t exist).

Lots of experiments i even got a 3D effect finally

Image Attachments
JPEG_20170517_203807-760607403.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-10-04

Oh wrong pic lol this was the 3D effect

Image Attachments
JPEG_20170517_124330-960163275.jpg
 Signature 

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  410
Joined  2016-03-30

Most of my fleet enjoyed being able to bring some color to our handles. It is not the end of the world, very minor really but there were quite a few of us who enjoyed the fun. It just seems to me there is too much I don’t like it therefore nobody should enjoy it mentality that permeates the entire society. That along with there are a few who abuse it so nobody gets to have it It is a lazy solution to something that should never have been that big a deal to begin with. Beauty of society we can agree to disagree and still enjoy swapping war stories after the fact. I don’t blame anyone who has a differing view, I don’t get reasoning behind it but that’s ok. After all it is just a game, it really isn’t that important. LLAP all!

Signature 

Fleet= Quark’s Holosuite

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11
[BL] Red Alert - 18 May 2017 05:19 PM

Ah that’s better, I didn’t think your first one looked very 3-d!

That looks pretty cool, I’m guessing you used that?

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 18 May 2017 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Joined  2015-10-04
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 18 May 2017 05:28 PM
[BL] Red Alert - 18 May 2017 05:19 PM

Ah that’s better, I didn’t think your first one looked very 3-d!

That looks pretty cool, I’m guessing you used that?

Yep i just got my final version of it at same day as DB hammered it down :-(

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 5 > 
3 of 5