Posted: 16 May 2017 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  891
Joined  2016-03-04
Jim Steele - 16 May 2017 03:58 PM
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:43 PM
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:42 PM

I would have preferred an event with ensign lynch, lieutenant hawk, Tommy gun Dixon and “assimilate this” worf crew.  All canon too.

Oh also…that laforge artwork is kinda racist.  Those lips..omg.

Borg Botox?

No, no.. Botox is a neurotoxin, used to smoothen wrinkles. Big lips are made with a filler, like hyaluronic acid. Facts straight please :O

Signature 

[9RS | Combs] Kilana
9RS fleet is recruiting! Contact me for more information.

Posted: 16 May 2017 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  73
Joined  2016-08-21

Do you have the stats for new Laforge yet?

Posted: 16 May 2017 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  560
Joined  2016-07-30
Xanathar - 16 May 2017 03:00 PM

(They could have killed off Neelix and Chakotay while they were at it, and nobody would really notice if Tuvok went either).

They could have axed the whole series and broadcast static and I’m not sure anyone would have noticed.

Kim was supposed to go to make room for Seven, but Garret Wang made it into one of the sexiest men lists that year so they airlocked Kes instead. That’s ok, it gave Jennifer Lein time to get fat, shave her head, and expose herself to children.

Signature 

My Crew Quarters

Prolific STT Wiki contributor.

Star Trek is a work of fiction. All characters in this game are fake. If you believe otherwise, please seek professional help. We care about you.

Posted: 16 May 2017 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1514
Joined  2016-12-12
Darxide - 16 May 2017 06:57 PM
Xanathar - 16 May 2017 03:00 PM

(They could have killed off Neelix and Chakotay while they were at it, and nobody would really notice if Tuvok went either).

They could have axed the whole series and broadcast static and I’m not sure anyone would have noticed.

Kim was supposed to go to make room for Seven, but Garret Wang made it into one of the sexiest men lists that year so they airlocked Kes instead. That’s ok, it gave Jennifer Lein time to get fat, shave her head, and expose herself to children.

Well if you want to get down to brass tacks, Seven was not the first choice to join the crew. Sarah Silvermans “Rahne” from Futures End was originally going to join the cast as an out of time character brought back from the 90s.

As much as I like Futures End, I think I’ll take Seven over Silverman….

Posted: 16 May 2017 08:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  891
Joined  2016-05-01

I wonder how long it truly takes to do the artwork for these, and if it would be a significant investment for DB to redo some of the worst ones like Martok and this La Forge.

I already don’t like this character because its non canon, but at least make it look good. Aviator Yar and Tuskeegee Mayweather were leagues above this. This is no where near as bad as Martok but it’s not very good either.

Signature 

Timelines Fanfic Crew Suggestions
List of missing crew traits

Posted: 16 May 2017 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  408
Joined  2016-04-10

Maybe one of the items we have to build in the Galaxy event is an EpiPen for La Forge to counter the allergic reaction that caused his super-sized lips.

I called it first! smile

Posted: 16 May 2017 09:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

Source art found

Image Attachments
trapjaw010_full.jpg
 Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 16 May 2017 09:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2016-02-20

What’s off putting is he looks like he wants to kiss me

Posted: 16 May 2017 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-04-10
(FF) The Sisko1 - 16 May 2017 09:24 PM

What’s off putting is he looks like he wants to kiss me

Arrrrggg!!! The seed has been planted in my mind!  AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Posted: 17 May 2017 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1926
Joined  2014-04-18
GilbertSmith - 16 May 2017 08:30 PM

I wonder how long it truly takes to do the artwork for these, and if it would be a significant investment for DB to redo some of the worst ones like Martok and this La Forge.

I already don’t like this character because its non canon, but at least make it look good. Aviator Yar and Tuskeegee Mayweather were leagues above this. This is no where near as bad as Martok but it’s not very good either.

This exactly.  I’d add Mirror K’Ehleyr and Augment Riker to DB versions done well.  And I would add Dollface Medic Paris to the do-over category.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = eXo, Formerly Unimatrix B4-0

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2017-02-10
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:43 PM
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:42 PM

I would have preferred an event with ensign lynch, lieutenant hawk, Tommy gun Dixon and “assimilate this” worf crew.  All canon too.

Oh also…that laforge artwork is kinda racist.  Those lips..omg.

EDIT: I initially agreed with this point about the slight racism, however I googled a bunch of pictures of LeVar Burton and Geordi in character, and honestly the lips are very similar to his. They’re just pursed in the shape of someone about to kiss something, so very off-putting.

Second EDIT: The color is also too bold. I don’t know if the artist deliberately wanted the lips to stand out, but they do. And I gotta say, even though they might be the same SIZE as Geordi’s actual lips, they’re drawn in a way that is sadly reminiscent of a racist caricature. It’s the shading, and the emphasis. For reference, look at every other Geordi character art. See the difference?

Posted: 17 May 2017 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-04-10
Papinka - 17 May 2017 10:17 AM

This exactly.  I’d add Mirror K’Ehleyr and Augment Riker to DB versions done well.  And I would add Dollface Medic Paris to the do-over category.

I like the style of the Mirror K’Ehleyr artwork, but her legs are far too long, They look disproportionate to the rest of her body

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1270
Joined  2017-01-08
[TLA] [DB DoingBetter] Geo La Forge - 17 May 2017 08:32 PM
Papinka - 17 May 2017 10:17 AM

I like the style of the Mirror K’Ehleyr artwork, but her legs are far too long…

Oh, I have to disagree… I’m a big fan of legs so long, they go all the way to the ground and back up again. wink

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 17 May 2017 09:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  844
Joined  2016-12-08

Suzie Plakson is 6’2”

Posted: 18 May 2017 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2016-06-23

LOL:lol::lol:

Image removed, please keep our Community Participation Guidelines in mind when posting on our forums, thank you. ˜Shan
https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/62367/

Signature 

Fleet Leader der OMEGA REACTION FORCE

< 1 2 3 > 
2 of 3