1 2 3 > 
Assimilated La Forge Artwork
Posted: 16 May 2017 02:43 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1206
Joined  2017-04-11

Just got this through on an email from DB.

Assimilated La Forge looks very cool. I don’t know much about the Icheb character though (someone said he was on Voyager I think).

I don’t remember La Forge being assimilated in TNG/First Contact so I’m guessing it’s a hypothetical Geordi pulled from an alternate timeline that DB have created for the purposes of this game.

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list / Limited Crew list / Gauntlet Crit Chances
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet officer - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
United Kingdom. Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  397
Joined  2016-05-20
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 16 May 2017 02:43 PM

Just got this through on an email from DB.

Assimilated La Forge looks very cool. I don’t know much about the Icheb character though (someone said he was on Voyager I think).

I don’t remember La Forge being assimilated in TNG/First Contact so I’m guessing it’s a hypothetical Geordi pulled from an alternate timeline that DB have created for the purposes of this game.

They wouldn’t have to create an alternate timeline, even: remember “The Federation is gone! The Borg is everywhere!” Riker from Parallels, and it looks like it’s just him and Worf up on the bridge, with a ship that blows up after a single shot from the Riker-captained Enterprise that finally figured out primary-Worf’s problem?

The other obvious choice would be somewhat DB-created: this Geordi could be from a timeline where Data did go through with what Lore tried to get him to do in Descent, and it actually worked versus killing Geordi.

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  523
Joined  2016-04-16

Icheb was indeed on Voyager.

Signature 

= EXODUS =

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2016-12-17

Three characters I couldn’t care less about. Oh, well. At least I can get another Queen.

Signature 

“I am Dyslexia of Borg. Your ass will be laminated.”

Posted: 16 May 2017 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1206
Joined  2017-04-11
[DB: Do Better] Principia - 16 May 2017 02:47 PM

They wouldn’t have to create an alternate timeline, even: remember “The Federation is gone! The Borg is everywhere!” Riker from Parallels, and it looks like it’s just him and Worf up on the bridge, with a ship that blows up after a single shot from the Riker-captained Enterprise that finally figured out primary-Worf’s problem?

The other obvious choice would be somewhat DB-created: this Geordi could be from a timeline where Data did go through with what Lore tried to get him to do in Descent, and it actually worked versus killing Geordi.

Very interesting, great points, thanks!

Was the Parallels episode where Riker was commanding the Future Enterprise with the 3rd Nacelle? I don’t think it was (I think that was in “All Good Things…”) so I really need to go back and watch the TNG series again!

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list / Limited Crew list / Gauntlet Crit Chances
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet officer - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
United Kingdom. Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2016-12-24

I don’t know much about the Icheb character though (someone said he was on Voyager I think).

Yep, he appeared in almost a dozen episodes, sometimes quite prominently. He was rescued from a damaged Borg ship and kinda became Seven’s protégé; he should be a good SCIENCE. I personally think they should have killed off Harry Kim and replaced him with Icheb who was a lot more interesting. (They could have killed off Neelix and Chakotay while they were at it, and nobody would really notice if Tuvok went either).

Geordi is indeed a fake. I personally don’t like fakes and will airlock him regardless of his stats, but horses for courses.

Was the Parallels episode where Riker was commanding the Future Enterprise with the 3rd Nacelle? I don’t think it was (I think that was in “All Good Things…”) so I really need to go back and watch the TNG series again!

The third nacelle was indeed from All Good Things.
They’re both great episodes though, two of my favourites in fact. Riker did command some of the Enterprises seen in Parallels, with Worf as his first officer. -  I hope we’ll get that Commander Worf (in red) one day!

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2017-03-29

Yeah, Geordi doesn’t look bad, but as nonsensical as it would be for the Borg, I was hoping there would be a VISOR somewhere in there!

Signature 

Solidarity with fellow players urging DB to Do Better.  Thank you Shan and DB for recent notable improvements in communication and gameplay.

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1404
Joined  2016-03-30

...would anybody else rather have a Cadet Helmsman Farpoint Geordi instead?

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-09-21

I would have preferred an event with ensign lynch, lieutenant hawk, Tommy gun Dixon and “assimilate this” worf crew.  All canon too.

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-09-21
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:42 PM

I would have preferred an event with ensign lynch, lieutenant hawk, Tommy gun Dixon and “assimilate this” worf crew.  All canon too.

Oh also…that laforge artwork is kinda racist.  Those lips..omg.

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2016-09-23
das411 - 16 May 2017 03:24 PM

...would anybody else rather have a Cadet Helmsman Farpoint Geordi instead?

Well, we don’t know what they’ll use for a 2* in the threshold rewards (none of the event crew have cadet versions), so keep hoping…

Posted: 16 May 2017 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  503
Joined  2017-02-14
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:43 PM

Borg Botox?

Signature 

Tearing up space since Feb 2017

Posted: 16 May 2017 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1017
Joined  2017-01-08

Kinda surprised to hear a couple people saying they like the Borg Geordi artwork, as I think it’s pretty horrendous. But, hey…

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 16 May 2017 04:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2017-03-29

Lol, I love how this thread is half visual.  I personally think that the Geordi art is a shame because it’s super generic and, if you’re making up crew, why not make them look awesome?  New, Different? I think “One” came out amazing and lot of that is due to the fact that he’s not drab sepia tones like Geordi is here.  However, I guess I don’t think it’s bad because I have a 23rd century Martok in my crew who I see every day… wink

Signature 

Solidarity with fellow players urging DB to Do Better.  Thank you Shan and DB for recent notable improvements in communication and gameplay.

Posted: 16 May 2017 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  425
Joined  2016-02-20

They should hire the dude that did this one instead. Billion stars better

Image Attachments
RjTj5dbACm-4.png

Posted: 16 May 2017 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  188
Joined  2016-12-13
[DD] Kirk Induced Self Destruction - 16 May 2017 03:43 PM

So you really blame DB cause they portrayed his real lips almost 1:1 ? gulp

Signature 

Fleet founder of: Zombie Animals United - 1 squad spot left - Hit me a pm.
All active, friendly and passionate players welcome, no matter rank, VIP, spender or non spender.
https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/60891/

1 2 3 > 
1 of 3