< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
Can we get an update on Honor Values?
Posted: 15 May 2017 04:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2016-12-16

Even if they choose not to change the honour requirements, I would still like to know. A simple overview of their data and an explanation of their rationale would be very nice.

Posted: 15 May 2017 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2016-10-13
Grant77 - 15 May 2017 04:49 PM

Even if they choose not to change the honour requirements, I would still like to know. A simple overview of their data and an explanation of their rationale would be very nice.

Completely agreed.  A change would be nice, but it would be even nicer to just know.

Posted: 15 May 2017 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2016-12-28
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 15 May 2017 03:04 PM

That said, they did also mention they’ll be looking for player feedback so these threads expressing our desire for a lower exchange rate are hopefully being heard.

Our team’s primary goal with the Honor Hall was to provide greater flexibility for Captains to advance and upgrade their favorite crew. Are you in dire need of Training Programs? Spend your Honor on Training Programs to train your crew to the next equipment rank. Is your 2/4 star Mirror Garak in dire need of another star? Save up Honor for a Super Rare Honorable Citation to fuse him to 3/4 stars. Within the Honor Hall’s initial launch in 1.9.0, Captains will be able to choose from a number of crew-related offerings. But, we’ll be looking for player feedback and hope to expand those offerings in future builds as well.

For quick reference, that quote is from STAR TREK TIMELINES: What is the Honor Hall?

In terms of player feedback:
1.9/2.0 Ratio of dismissed crew to equivalent rarity honorable citation
Honor Values for Dismissing Crew
Honor System Suggestion
Suggestion for Honor Citations: Introduce a separate Honor Token currency

Grant77 - 15 May 2017 04:49 PM

Agree, though I think we should not be passive in accepting the current exchange rates, nor distracted by potential alternative sources of honor, and keep advocating for something more equitable for captains and developers.

Signature 

We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
Consider participating in civil discourse, being like water, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.

Posted: 15 May 2017 09:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  213
Joined  2016-07-17

*shrug* Fun y how they’re respecting Captain’s crew when it suits them but meanwhile older purple and gold crew are getting made to look weaksauce but recent releases wink

Signature 

Posted: 16 May 2017 01:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-10-13

Posted: 17 May 2017 10:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-10-13

Bumping again.

DB, please respond.

Posted: 17 May 2017 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  80
Joined  2016-02-02

Just like to highlight the other goal (orange) in that blog post for the Honor Hall:

Another goal of Honor was to reduce the player frustration we recognize has been occurring when Captains open Time Portal packs and find a bunch of duplicate crew. At times, receiving only Training Programs from dismissing crew was lackluster. For some Captains this compensation ended up being completely meaningless and a few of our Captains ended up with tens of thousands of Training Programs! We believe that providing Honor when dismissing crew will let Captains use their Honor for whatever their individual goals are in Star Trek Timelines, and that it provides far more value than just providing Training Programs. For those Captains who still need Training Programs, you can still purchase them with Honor in the Honor Hall. And for Captains who have tens of thousands of Training Programs, we are also adding Training Programs as fuel for the Replicator, giving you greater flexibility if you end up with a glut of programs and no crew requiring training.

We’ve communicated that the current exchange rates utterly fail at the goal stated above.  They do not scale properly to reflect the increasing difficulty to obtain higher level crew.  It’s insulting to long time players to suggest otherwise.

And, I’d like to fix the purple section (other edits welcome):

Receiving only the same amount of Training Programs from one free shuttle mission from dismissing crew that cost real money to acquire was extremely frustrating. This compensation was completely meaningless and Captains who have put up with this for a year or more ended up with tens of thousands of Training Programs!

Posted: 17 May 2017 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2017-03-07

the best way to make this game boring and to devalue dilithium as well as event rewards would be to make honor easier to get.  To say it another way:  if you want me to stop spending dollars on this game, then the best way to accomplish that is to make honor easier to get.

When i saw that they would be allowing us to add legendary or super rare stars to crew using honor currency, my first reaction was disappointment because i want to keep playing the game for as long as possible before i become bored.  The most compelling aspect of this game is the desire to max out crew and the difficulty of doing so during a competitive and limited-time event.  Adding the honor system means that this challenge is no longer as critical because now we have a second way to add needful stars to crew.

Having said all of that, the current honor values and prices are limited enough that i feel like all of the time and money that i have put into the game up until now is adequately respected.

Please DB, respect long term players by not caving to the demands of n00bs that think honor should be easier to get

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  389
Joined  2016-06-14
LoPan - 17 May 2017 11:55 AM

the best way to make this game boring and to devalue dilithium as well as event rewards would be to make honor easier to get.  To say it another way:  if you want me to stop spending dollars on this game, then the best way to accomplish that is to make honor easier to get.

When i saw that they would be allowing us to add legendary or super rare stars to crew using honor currency, my first reaction was disappointment because i want to keep playing the game for as long as possible before i become bored.  The most compelling aspect of this game is the desire to max out crew and the difficulty of doing so during a competitive and limited-time event.  Adding the honor system means that this challenge is no longer as critical because now we have a second way to add needful stars to crew.

Having said all of that, the current honor values and prices are limited enough that i feel like all of the time and money that i have put into the game up until now is adequately respected.

Please DB, respect long term players by not caving to the demands of n00bs that think honor should be easier to get

I don’t think you have anything to worry about. DB will not change things drastically enough to unbalance the wallet to game play ratio. You should have no problem playing until your natural bored limits are reached.

I for one do want a more equitable exchange in the honor hall, but by no means should it be simple to add stars. I do not have enough expendable income to gather new crew and buy packs until I get the remaining duplicates to fully fuse my older crew (which are quickly becoming irrelevant do to power creep). Having a way to improve them through the honor hall along with my modest spending could allow me to enjoy the game longer. I wonder what will happen first, you quitting from boredom or me quitting from frustration?

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-10-13

I completely disagree with your perspective with honor at the current values.  There is a value level where this is true, but we are nowhere near this.

You do realize that we will never run out of crew to level?

Hmm…  I’m not a noob and I definitely qualify as someone who has spent quite a bit of money on this game.  Nice of you to chime in with this on your very first post.

Honor Values are way off.  I believe the point has been belabored in several threads.  It would be nice to understand DB’s plan.

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2017-03-07

the current honor values and prices are very well chosen because they avoid devaluing 4 and 5 star crew to the point where anyone can easily max out crew to full stars. 

If anyone can easily cash in a few rare and super rare crew and max out 5 star crew, then 5 star crew are more widespread in the game and all of the sweat, cash, and occasional tears some of us put into maxing out crew were essentially for nothing. 

For some people like me, that is the exact moment where we walk away from a paid game:  the point where what we have spent to gradually attain over a long period of time is now easily attainable for a fraction of the time/money effort.

currently it will cost you 250 airlocked super rare crew to get a single legendary citation.  For me, as someone that spends money to support the game, this is acceptable but if anything it should cost MORE honor.  There are only two types of people that will think the honor prices should be reduced:

1. persons who are inexperienced at life and have not previously experienced what happens when scarce things you used to want really badly suddenly become very easy to get.

2. persons who only care about immediate gain, and never stick with anything very long anyways

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1129
Joined  2016-12-12
LoPan - 17 May 2017 12:25 PM

the current honor values and prices are very well chosen because they avoid devaluing 4 and 5 star crew to the point where anyone can easily max out crew to full stars. 

If anyone can easily cash in a few rare and super rare crew and max out 5 star crew, then 5 star crew are more widespread in the game and all of the sweat, cash, and occasional tears some of us put into maxing out crew were essentially for nothing. 

For some people like me, that is the exact moment where we walk away from a paid game:  the point where what we have spent to gradually attain over a long period of time is now easily attainable for a fraction of the time/money effort.

currently it will cost you 250 airlocked super rare crew to get a single legendary citation.  For me, as someone that spends money to support the game, this is acceptable but if anything it should cost MORE honor.  There are only two types of people that will think the honor prices should be reduced:

1. persons who are inexperienced at life and have not previously experienced what happens when scarce things you used to want really badly suddenly become very easy to get.

2. persons who only care about immediate gain, and never stick with anything very long anyways

And you think 91 Legendary to cash in and get 1 is equitable?

yes it should take a lot of 4s to get a 5, but 91:1 5 to 5 is insane.

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2017-03-07

Capt J Phelps wondered what will happen first, me quitting from boredom or him quitting from frustration?
(and im too much of a n00b to correctly use the quote function)

i might quit from frustration on the day after they reduce honor prices, since that will probably be two days after i buy a third star for Scientist Degra using my first hard won 50k honor.

Currently up to 18k..

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Joined  2016-10-13

With current honor values, it is very difficult for anyone to cash out much of anything.  The numbers are off enough that it makes the whole thing pointless.

I’m one of those who has put in quite a bit of cash.  Your argument makes sense at levels that we are nowhere near.

currently it will cost you 250 airlocked super rare crew to get a single legendary citation.  For me, as someone that spends money to support the game, this is acceptable but if anything it should cost MORE honor.

Yeah, I disagree there.  I think you need to look at the actual math and back into what it costs to attain 250 super rare crew and then determine whether that is reasonable.

There are only two types of people that will think the honor prices should be reduced:

The third type are people that actually understand math.

Your arguments for 1 & 2 have no basis in reality except your own unfounded opinion.  Are you a DB employee that is just shilling to promote the current honor value system? 

Posted: 17 May 2017 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2017-03-07
Pallidyne - 17 May 2017 12:31 PM

And you think 91 Legendary to cash in and get 1 is equitable?

yes it should take a lot of 4s to get a 5, but 91:1 5 to 5 is insane.

you have a valid point, it would be reasonable to increase the airlock value of legendary crew while keeping things the same for super rare.  However, any changes to honor airlock values should be retroactively awarded to all players.  If you have already airlocked legendary crew prior to the increase, then you should be gifted the difference.  Since implementing something like that probably isnt possible, then they should not fuck around with the honor prices.  ever.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 6

‹‹ Koan      This month got Voyager heavy ››