1 2 3 >  Last ›
Can we get an update on Honor Values?
Posted: 15 May 2017 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2016-10-13

Nod mentioned in two places that Honor Value acquisition and spend will be closely watched and adjusted if needed:

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/62224/P30/#339184
https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/62384/

Can we get an update on your plans for re-balancing Honor?

Thanks!

Posted: 15 May 2017 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  304
Joined  2016-06-14

They are still looking at the data. They will get back to us next year.

Posted: 15 May 2017 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  62
Joined  2016-10-26

Should be able to save up for Kahless in about 10 years smile

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  49
Joined  2016-09-22
Weaf (Patriots Fleet) - 15 May 2017 01:55 PM

Should be able to save up for Kahless in about 10 years smile

Yes. With current prices for citations the whole honor thing is practically useless.

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2016-07-27
Captain J. Phelps228 - 15 May 2017 01:37 PM

at the earliest… shock

Signature 

Offizier der Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1027
Joined  2015-05-03

I figure I will think about how long to hang onto my honor when I get to 50,000 in about 5 more months.  Maybe by then they will reduce the cost.  But most likely not.

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  287
Joined  2016-12-07
Captain J. Phelps228 - 15 May 2017 01:37 PM

LOL this made my day!

Signature 

“Risk is our business. That is what a starship is all about.”
Cpt. James T. Kirk

DB: Do Better!

Tombstone is recruiting! Interested? Check out this thread! Be active and 18+ before applying please.

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-06-14

I’m not a whale so lets do some quick math to see about how long it will take me to get a Kahless.

I win about 2 gold each month from events and I average about 1 in a pull every 2 months. So that gives me 30 golds a year. I have to dismiss 182 golds to get 100k in honor points, which is the current cost for Kahless. So 182 divided by 30 comes out to just over 6 years. Now I will earn some honor points from dismissing the less rare crew but I will probably want to keep some of those golds I receive so let’s look at my current honor total. It currently sits at 15,000. Minus the free honor they gave us and 8000 in crew that I was holding onto before the honor hall was introduced leaves me with 6,500 honor points received since the introduction and the initial crew dump. I will divide that in half to simulate two months of honor hall play since I can’t remember the exact date it started.

3,250+550(the one gold I will not keep each month)=3,800 honor points each month. It will fluctuate from month to month depending on the event super-rares but I feel this is a conservative average. 100,000 divided by 3,800 equals 26.3 months worth of saving.

So I should be able to get Kahless in just over 2 years or I could add 2 stars to one of my Legendary crew. It’s good to have long term goals. And with the upcoming introduction of ways to collect honor points through other game play, I might even be able to cut 6 months off that. Kahless will be mine by 2019.

Posted: 15 May 2017 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  313
Joined  2017-02-14

Since 2.0 I have 10,000 just from event rewards and the less rare crew.

Just another 90K to go…

Should be done in 9 months time…

Signature 

Tearing up space since Feb 2017

Posted: 15 May 2017 03:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  984
Joined  2016-12-12
Captain J. Phelps228 - 15 May 2017 02:53 PM

I’m not a whale so lets do some quick math to see about how long it will take me to get a Kahless.

I win about 2 gold each month from events and I average about 1 in a pull every 2 months. So that gives me 30 golds a year. I have to dismiss 182 golds to get 100k in honor points, which is the current cost for Kahless. So 182 divided by 30 comes out to just over 6 years. Now I will earn some honor points from dismissing the less rare crew but I will probably want to keep some of those golds I receive so let’s look at my current honor total. It currently sits at 15,000. Minus the free honor they gave us and 8000 in crew that I was holding onto before the honor hall was introduced leaves me with 6,500 honor points received since the introduction and the initial crew dump. I will divide that in half to simulate two months of honor hall play since I can’t remember the exact date it started.

3,250+550(the one gold I will not keep each month)=3,800 honor points each month. It will fluctuate from month to month depending on the event super-rares but I feel this is a conservative average. 100,000 divided by 3,800 equals 26.3 months worth of saving.

So I should be able to get Kahless in just over 2 years or I could add 2 stars to one of my Legendary crew. It’s good to have long term goals. And with the upcoming introduction of ways to collect honor points through other game play, I might even be able to cut 6 months off that. Kahless will be mine by 2019.

Maybe you can shave off 2-3 days maybe even a whole week or two if we consistently hit the Galaxy Community rewards a couple times a month, lol.

Posted: 15 May 2017 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2017-04-11

They effectively said in their blog that honor points for citations were not going to be cheap, so I think they are going to keep the values for dismissals very low.

A final goal behind the design of the Honor Hall is that we want to make sure that Honor and Honorable Citations do not detract from the current prestige of Legendary and Super Rare crew. We want to respect the existing investments that Captains have made and plan for the Honor Hall to live alongside the excitement of winning a featured crew from an event or pulling them from the Dabo Wheel. Getting another copy of a crew member will always be the most efficient and exciting way to earn more stars for your crew. But, for Captains who want to save up their Honor, it is now possible to earn more stars for your crew even if they are no longer available. The Honor Hall will give Captains another way to upgrade and advance their favorite crew, while the Time Portal and Event rewards will remain the best option for acquiring new crew.

That said, they did also mention they’ll be looking for player feedback so these threads expressing our desire for a lower exchange rate are hopefully being heard.

Our team’s primary goal with the Honor Hall was to provide greater flexibility for Captains to advance and upgrade their favorite crew. Are you in dire need of Training Programs? Spend your Honor on Training Programs to train your crew to the next equipment rank. Is your 2/4 star Mirror Garak in dire need of another star? Save up Honor for a Super Rare Honorable Citation to fuse him to 3/4 stars. Within the Honor Hall’s initial launch in 1.9.0, Captains will be able to choose from a number of crew-related offerings. But, we’ll be looking for player feedback and hope to expand those offerings in future builds as well.

Finally, they also said we’ll be able to get some honor points from fleet actions in a future update so I’m eagerly awaiting that.

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet member - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 15 May 2017 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2016-12-08
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 15 May 2017 03:04 PM

That said, they did also mention they’ll be looking for player feedback so these threads expressing our desire for a lower exchange rate are hopefully being heard.

They also said they’ll look at actual data regarding honor, and they’ll likely weigh that more than some of the hyperbole in these threads.

Posted: 15 May 2017 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-06-14

They effectively said in their blog that honor points for citations were not going to be cheap, so I think they are going to keep the values for dismissals very low.

A final goal behind the design of the Honor Hall is that we want to make sure that Honor and Honorable Citations do not detract from the current prestige of Legendary and Super Rare crew. We want to respect the existing investments that Captains have made and plan for the Honor Hall to live alongside the excitement of winning a featured crew from an event or pulling them from the Dabo Wheel. Getting another copy of a crew member will always be the most efficient and exciting way to earn more stars for your crew. But, for Captains who want to save up their Honor, it is now possible to earn more stars for your crew even if they are no longer available. The Honor Hall will give Captains another way to upgrade and advance their favorite crew, while the Time Portal and Event rewards will remain the best option for acquiring new crew.

Our team’s primary goal with the Honor Hall was to provide greater flexibility for Captains to advance and upgrade their favorite crew. Are you in dire need of Training Programs? Spend your Honor on Training Programs to train your crew to the next equipment rank. Is your 2/4 star Mirror Garak in dire need of another star? Save up Honor for a Super Rare Honorable Citation to fuse him to 3/4 stars. Within the Honor Hall’s initial launch in 1.9.0, Captains will be able to choose from a number of crew-related offerings. But, we’ll be looking for player feedback and hope to expand those offerings in future builds as well.

Finally, they also said we’ll be able to get some honor points from fleet actions in a future update so I’m eagerly awaiting that.

I just like seeing all the boxes in a thread. Very compartmentalized.

This could possibly be spam or some other canned processed meat product.

Posted: 15 May 2017 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2017-04-11
Dralix - 15 May 2017 03:10 PM

They also said they’ll look at actual data regarding honor, and they’ll likely weigh that more than some of the hyperbole in these threads.

Yes, I think remember reading a post by Nod saying that somewhere (I expect they’ve got a ton of useful data already).

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet member - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 15 May 2017 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1287
Joined  2016-03-30

I will say the honor points did get me to try a little harder in this event than I otherwise would have - I managed to get Soran from 1/4 to 4/4 AND Tuvok from 1/3 to 3/3, so the extra copies of each both became honor points for me!

300 honor from this event = 11,725 total = almost 12 percent of the way to Kahless!

Posted: 15 May 2017 04:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2016-10-13
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 15 May 2017 03:12 PM
Dralix - 15 May 2017 03:10 PM

Yes, I think remember reading a post by Nod saying that somewhere (I expect they’ve got a ton of useful data already).

Yeah, it was the second link in the first post of this thread:

https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/62384/

“What are Honorable Citations, and what about the Honor costs?”

As several forum posts have discussed, Honor is the new currency you get when dismissing crew. One of the thing you may purchase are Citations. Citations allow you to add another star to a crew without needing another copy of that crew. Citations may be purchased in the Honor Hall for Honor.

We’ve read the feedback about Honor costs, and we’re watching closely to see how much Honor players are earning. We’ll be introducing new ways to earn Honor, like through new Fleet Activities, in a future build. Prior to the Beta we did testing on our end, factoring in how many crew players get from events, plus how many crew players get from packs, and how long we think it would take for players to get Citations. We then factored in the future sources of Honor, as well as future systems we’re building.

Many players had thousands of Honor within the first week, but we understand the concerns about the exchange rate being high. The team wants to see more people acquiring and using Honor before we make any changes to the cost of items in the Honor Hall, but if we see the high-value items being too difficult to acquire, it’s pretty likely that we’ll adjust the cost accordingly.

It was this statement that I was looking for a follow up on. 

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 6

‹‹ Koan      This month got Voyager heavy ››