NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
Saturday Cadet Challenge: Adv. Certain Formality
Posted: 01 June 2017 02:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  110
Joined  2016-10-26
Peachtree Rex - 01 June 2017 01:36 PM
Grant77 - 01 June 2017 01:00 PM

I must reiterate this to the STT team.

More crew slots are an absolute necessity if you are going to ask us to bring several new characters out of the vault. Most of us are already operating on a knife’s edge when it comes to crew slots.

No one is requiring you to maintain the crew to continue doing the old content.  For the most part, there’s sufficient Blues where you can have crew that are Female AND Alien.  Security may be the only hole.  I believe the top 3* Female Alien SEC are Sniper Ezri and B’Etor Duras.

CMD: Saavik, Lursa Duras
DIP: Lwaxana
ENG: Maqui Torres
SEC: Sniper Ezri/B’Etor Duras
SCI: A bunch, the best of which is either Saavik or T’Pol
MED: Selar

wow… i have Savvik, Torres AND T’Pol unfortunately no Selar so Commando Crusher will have to step up to the plate in the meantime and for DIP i have Winn

Posted: 01 June 2017 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3155
Joined  2016-01-30

More crew slots are an absolute necessity if you are going to ask us to bring several new characters out of the vault. Most of us are already operating on a knife’s edge when it comes to crew slots.

No one is requiring you to maintain the crew to continue doing the old content.  For the most part, there’s sufficient Blues where you can have crew that are Female AND Alien.  Security may be the only hole.  I believe the top 3* Female Alien SEC are Sniper Ezri and B’Etor Duras.

Nice list.
I find the strategy of figuring out how to use the same crew for multiple challenges in the game, enjoyable.

Edit. Remember when everyone playing STT hated the Duras sisters? That was so 2016.

Posted: 01 June 2017 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2016-05-11
South of Sulu - 01 June 2017 02:56 PM

Remember when everyone playing STT hated the Duras sisters? That was so 2016.

I was 99% certain that the Saturday challenge would be female so I worked on many of the above crew.
I started keeping the Duras sisters but ultimately decided Captain Yates/Saavik would probably suffice since the Duras sisters aren’t very easy to level.

Posted: 01 June 2017 04:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1456
Joined  2016-03-30

Nice list.
I find the strategy of figuring out how to use the same crew for multiple challenges in the game, enjoyable.

Edit. Remember when everyone playing STT hated the Duras sisters? That was so 2016.

LOL how great will it be when we play these for the first time and find out “extra honor points for using the Duras sisters who have no honor!”

Posted: 01 June 2017 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  261
Joined  2016-12-28

For the most part, there’s sufficient Blues where you can have crew that are Female AND Alien.  Security may be the only hole.  I believe the top 3* Female Alien SEC are Sniper Ezri and B’Etor Duras.

I thought that the Saturday advanced cadet challenge might bee female only. This due to following the advantage of triple use 2* cadets, reasoning that ACF (once a week) was more likely than EAS (three times a week), and figuring that an 3* version of ACF was more likely than an entirely new kind of challenge, although it seems to me there might have been some indication of such. So, at least as it seems for now, the alien lady strategy worked out.

The following isn’t a comprehensive list, nor is it a best of or yet minimized, but I offer it as it might help people along.

ATUF: Advanced The United Federation
AACF: Advanced a Certain Formality

3* Advanced Cadets Dual Use Crew

CMD: Saavik
DIP: Cretak
ENG: Torres
SEC: Erzi
MED: Troi and Kes
SCI: T’Pol

Image Attachments
IMG_4253.PNG
 Signature 

We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
Consider participating in civil discourse, being like water, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.

Posted: 01 June 2017 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2016-01-23

Happy dance… not
With only 5 female 3-stars and most of them on ice, and no free crew slots…
No honor for me :(

Posted: 01 June 2017 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  335
Joined  2016-12-07
Ambassador Xoiiku - 01 June 2017 04:52 PM

For the most part, there’s sufficient Blues where you can have crew that are Female AND Alien.  Security may be the only hole.  I believe the top 3* Female Alien SEC are Sniper Ezri and B’Etor Duras.

I thought that the Saturday advanced cadet challenge might bee female only. This due to following the advantage of triple use 2* cadets, reasoning that ACF (once a week) was more likely than EAS (three times a week), and figuring that an 3* version of ACF was more likely than an entirely new kind of challenge, although it seems to me there might have been some indication of such. So, at least as it seems for now, the alien lady strategy worked out.

The following isn’t a comprehensive list, nor is it a best of or yet minimized, but I offer it as it might help people along.

ATUF: Advanced The United Federation
AACF: Advanced a Certain Formality

3* Advanced Cadets Dual Use Crew

CMD: Saavik
DIP: Cretak
SEC: Erzi
MED: Troi and Kes
SCI: T’Pol

very nice. Thanks

Signature 

“Risk is our business. That is what a starship is all about.”
Cpt. James T. Kirk

DB: Do Better!

Posted: 01 June 2017 05:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2017-02-10

At the moment I don’t have to limit myself to people I can use Saturday or Sunday…

Here’s my A-team thus far:
COM: Rifle Janeway (I’ve always airlocked every Duras sister)
DIP: gotta be Lwaxana! Cretak if the traits help
ENG: Ensign Robin Lefler
SEC: I airlocked Money, so Ezri will have to do.
MED: Selar, or Commando Crusher if I can double with SEC
SCI: T’Pol, but only because I don’t have Saavik.

Posted: 01 June 2017 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  500
Joined  2017-03-27
GhostStalker - 01 June 2017 05:33 PM

Wait wait wait… Why are you all using aliens? This isn’t alien only, is it?

The reason why is to minimize the amount of crew needed to accomplish Sunday challenges (non human/part human rare) and Saturday challenges (female rare), given the scarcity of crew slots.

Signature 

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam

Posted: 01 June 2017 05:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-02-10
Female Vulcan Q - 01 June 2017 05:44 PM
GhostStalker - 01 June 2017 05:33 PM

Wait wait wait… Why are you all using aliens? This isn’t alien only, is it?

The reason why is to minimize the amount of crew needed to accomplish Sunday challenges (non human/part human rare) and Saturday challenges (female rare), given the scarcity of crew slots.

I saw that, thank you. Actually, I do want to say one thing: We’ve been given an awesome gift here, another set of bonus items and boosts. To the people using phrases like “they BETTER give us more slots” - Come on, how about you try NOT to kick the gift horse in the balls?

Posted: 01 June 2017 06:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  89
Joined  2016-08-09

If you’re trying to run a minimal crew for both weekend challenges, the final epic mission “Breakwater” will be a proble. The 3rd node needs security, it’s a rare node and bonuses on veteran or tactician, which no alien female rare has.

The alien female security roster is not good:
Ezri Dax: 351 +(78–184)
B’Etor: 227 +(151–337
Torres: 281 +(78–212)
Cretak: 280 +(62–192)
Lursa: 197 +(127–363)
T’Pol: 165 +(35–77)

It will depend greatly what they set as the bar for the minimum success is, how easy it is to finish this mission. For nodes on the final Adv UF mission, lowest score is 460, and no rare female crew reaches that minimum score in Security, and they don’t get any help from traits.

Other skills I see covered well enough, you might be able to run 6 alien females rares only to complete both weekend cadet challenges.

CMD: Lursa
SEC: Ezri
SCI: Saavik
MED: Kes

Or some mixture there of.

Can always add in Money if you can spare a slot for the weekend.

Anyway, will be fun juggling the crew once again! smile

Posted: 01 June 2017 06:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27

So, are you guys expecting Gauntlet level credit rewards for completing a Saturday challenge? More? Less?

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2017 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-02-10
Female Vulcan Q - 01 June 2017 06:52 PM

So, are you guys expecting Gauntlet level credit rewards for completing a Saturday challenge? More? Less?

That is a very interesting question, FVQ. Especially since DB’s quote is this:
Epic difficulty rare rewards include Honor, Supply Kits, and Premium 1x Packs

So, rare rewards? Does that mean you only get them once? I doubt they’d brag about them if that were the case. Personally I’d like to propose a realistic “every completion” prize:
50 Honor for normal, 100 for Elite, 150 for Epic completion. What do you think?

Posted: 01 June 2017 07:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-03-27
GhostStalker - 01 June 2017 07:18 PM
Female Vulcan Q - 01 June 2017 06:52 PM

That is a very interesting question, FVQ. Especially since DB’s quote is this:
Epic difficulty rare rewards include Honor, Supply Kits, and Premium 1x Packs

So, rare rewards? Does that mean you only get them once? I doubt they’d brag about them if that were the case. Personally I’d like to propose a realistic “every completion” prize:
50 Honor for normal, 100 for Elite, 150 for Epic completion. What do you think?

While I would warmly welcome Honor for completion, I don’t think DB ever said that in their public release.

DB - 01 June 2017 12:04 PM

• Saturday Advanced Cadet Challenge
- Players will now have the opportunity to take part in an advanced Cadet challenge on Saturday! This advanced Cadet Challenge is called: “A Certain Formality”, and will require rare female crew, so break out your CMO Ogawa, Kassidy Yates, and Vedek Winn crew! Saturday Advanced Challenges allow you to win credits*, and Epic difficulty rare rewards include Honor, Supply Kits, and Premium 1x Packs.

*= (emphasis mine, FVQ)

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

* Saturday Advanced Challenges allow us to win credits (whether these credits are the “completion awards” similar to the chrons from EAS was the question of my original post)

* They also offer the following Rare rewards on Epic: Honor, Supply Kits (multiple), and Premium 1x Packs (also multiple), only available once per node completion.

The only question (to me) is how many credits we will get for completing a Saturday challenge. Oh sure, the normal rewards per mission will be useful as well, but the more advanced players seem to be bottlenecked on credits more than anything else.

Maybe if I put in random Cyrillic characters about institutions of higher learning, this would not be considered spam? Something like that.

Signature 

Posted: 01 June 2017 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15
WOLF 359 - 01 June 2017 03:46 PM

Remember when everyone playing STT hated the Duras sisters? That was so 2016.

I was 99% certain that the Saturday challenge would be female so I worked on many of the above crew.
I started keeping the Duras sisters but ultimately decided Captain Yates/Saavik would probably suffice since the Duras sisters aren’t very easy to level.

I’ve been sitting on Lursa at 2/3 for months expecting this.  I kept Torres and leveled her quickly after she was an event crew for exactly the same reason.  You have to keep those female aliens when you get the chance.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 7