NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Borg Queen triggered an unwanted ‘double the crew’ offer
Posted: 13 May 2017 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11

Was planning to purchase the 2 x Assimilated Tuvok deal when it appears in the Time Portal (probably won’t reach the 3rd and final Threshold reward of him so will need 2 more to FF).

With this deal comes 5 event packs with a 40.95% chance of at least one Legendary (on average) when opening 5 x 10 packs (I think).

Unfortunately I believe the event packs expire by the end of the event so if you don’t use them you lose them meaning I will need to open these packs within the next 72 hours.

Have just popped the ‘double your crew’ offer for claiming the Borg Queen (to make her 3/5 for the remaining event time), which means I can’t get such an offer on another Legendary for 72 hrs - past the end of the event by which time I need to have opened my packs (possibly getting a different Legendary crew I might have wanted to double up on).

I think I read a post by Nod somewhere saying this 72hr cooldown was under review so I’m just posting this to provide more evidence of a reason for it’s reduction.

Thanks

Image Attachments
Screenshot_20170513-143315.png
 Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

Posted: 13 May 2017 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2015-12-05
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 13 May 2017 09:42 AM

Have just popped the ‘double your crew’ offer for claiming the Borg Queen (to make her 3/5 for the remaining event time), which means I can’t get such an offer on another Legendary for 72 hrs

Last week, I opened a Premium pull (which I had gotten from the Gauntlet) while my Double-Your-Queen was active. The Premium pull gave me a Legendary Behold, and the character overwrote the Queen - not only I could buy a Double-Your-Mobile-Doctor, but I lost my Double-Your-Queen (which had been active for less than 3 hours).

Don’t know if that’s expected behaviour or not, or if it will happen to you. But I saw no cooldown and I had a chance to buy the second character (while I lost the opportunity to buy a Queen).

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 13 May 2017 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  513
Joined  2016-08-05

Event packs stay in the portal for a few days after the event, so you should have time to wait out 72 hours and still use them.

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-04-11
Centurion Matt - 13 May 2017 09:48 AM

Have just popped the ‘double your crew’ offer for claiming the Borg Queen (to make her 3/5 for the remaining event time), which means I can’t get such an offer on another Legendary for 72 hrs

Last week, I opened a Premium pull (which I had gotten from the Gauntlet) while my Double-Your-Queen was active. The Premium pull gave me a Legendary Behold, and the character overwrote the Queen - not only I could buy a Double-Your-Mobile-Doctor, but I lost my Double-Your-Queen (which had been active for less than 3 hours).

Don’t know if that’s expected behaviour or not, or if it will happen to you. But I saw no cooldown and I had a chance to buy the second character (while I lost the opportunity to buy a Queen).

Oh, maybe they’ve already implemented an improvement since Nod posted that comment recently. If so, they should probably announce it on here to let more people know about it.

There were quite a few people asking for such a change if I can recall, and currently those people might be doing things like delaying pack purchases or timing their claim of threshold rewards unnecessarily because they’re expecting it to be on the old system still.

Thanks for the info Matt.

Signature 

LLAP

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  111
Joined  2016-06-20

With this deal comes 5 event packs with a 50% chance of a Legendary (on average) when opening 5 x 10 packs (I think).

If it’s a 10% chance each time, I think that’s a 34% chance of getting one in five packs based on the notion that each pack has a 90% chance of having no legendary, meaning 5 packs have a 65.6% chance of containing no legendaries.

Edit: Whoops, checked my math and realized you have a 41% chance; I calculated the wrong number of packs.

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-04-11
Sleeping Dragon - 13 May 2017 09:55 AM

Event packs stay in the portal for a few days after the event, so you should have time to wait out 72 hours and still use them.

Yes, I was trying to recall how long they remain in the Time portal after the event but I wasn’t sure (it might even be a couple of days in which case I’ll be fine).

Thanks for the post.

Signature 

LLAP

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2015-12-05
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 13 May 2017 10:12 AM

If so, they should probably announce it on here to let more people know about it.

To be honest, I didn’t even know there was a 72 hours cooldown on that feature. But that probably only speaks to the frequency at which I drop legendaries wink

Good luck with your pulls, Blues fan :-D

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 13 May 2017 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-04-11
Clone 7 - 13 May 2017 10:13 AM

With this deal comes 5 event packs with a 50% chance of a Legendary (on average) when opening 5 x 10 packs (I think).

If it’s a 10% chance each time, I think that’s a 34% chance of getting one in five packs based on the notion that each pack has a 90% chance of having no legendary, meaning 5 packs have a 65.6% chance of containing no legendaries.

Damn, you’re right of course, (I’ll edit my OP), thanks.

Wolfram Alpha is suggesting a 40.95% chance of at least 1 Legendary from 5 packs (I think it’s 34% chance of exactly 1 Legendary).

Signature 

LLAP

Posted: 13 May 2017 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2016-08-30

How shocked I still am. Pop up ads? Here?

Next thing you’re gonna tell me it’s hot in Africa or something, quit playing guys.

Signature 

—-
Blood from a stone DB, never again.
Need a good fleet with good people? Click here to check out mine!

Posted: 13 May 2017 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12
virus gift - 13 May 2017 12:21 PM

Next thing you’re gonna tell me it’s hot in Africa or something, quit playing guys.

Catch up virus… the issues isn’t the pop up itself, but the cooldown between popups causing folks to get the ones they don’t want and not get the ones they want….

Posted: 13 May 2017 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2016-07-18
virus gift - 13 May 2017 12:21 PM

If you go back and read the original post, you’ll note the complaint was not about the existence of the double-up offer, but the way that getting that offer on the 5* Borg Queen made it impossible for him to get the same offer on 5* One.

That’s not only a frustration for players, but also something DB wants to consider, since they’d obviously like to sell this player a 5* One.

Posted: 13 May 2017 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  854
Joined  2016-09-15

I guess you are also figuring that you will not be in top 1000.
If you end up in top 1000, you have plenty of time to decide when to claim your rewards.

Keep in mind next event. Is it assimilated La Forge as the legendary?? And a Queen in threshold.

Edit: yep La Forge

Posted: 14 May 2017 07:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2017-04-11
[NDQ] A Blues fan - 13 May 2017 10:12 AM
Centurion Matt - 13 May 2017 09:48 AM

Oh, maybe they’ve already implemented an improvement since Nod posted that comment recently. If so, they should probably announce it on here to let more people know about it.

There were quite a few people asking for such a change if I can recall, and currently those people might be doing things like delaying pack purchases or timing their claim of threshold rewards unnecessarily because they’re expecting it to be on the old system still.

Thanks for the info Matt.

Quoting my earlier post to follow up on it.

I went ahead and bought the 2 x Assimilated Tuvok deal and got 3 Legendary crew in the 5 event packs:
1/5 One (as the guaranteed event crew in the pack)
1/5 One (as the guaranteed event crew in the pack)
1/5 Mirror Spock (from a behold)

I didn’t receive a single ‘Double the crew’ offer for any of them, most likely due to the Borg Queen offer that had popped within the last 72 hrs :(

The Queen one wasn’t active any more (it had expired after the 12hrs). Perhaps if I’d opened these packs whilst it was still active it might have replaced the Queen offer like it did for you Matt.

Signature 

LLAP

Posted: 14 May 2017 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2016-04-23

another related annoying thing I’ve noticed is that if you get a 2nd 1/5* to make it a 2/5* and you’ve already lvled your char to past lvl 50 (like I had with borg queen), the price is still the same even though you get less useful stuff