NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Bio Info on Crew
Posted: 21 April 2017 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2017-03-09

I know this isn’t supposed to be a collecting game but a lot of players do play it for that reason, me included. So with that in mind I was wondering if it would be possible to add some character bios into each crew member?

Something like which version/episode/film the crew comes from with a little synopsis of their character profile.

I find I’m often having to search the web to find out who some of the characters are, I know a lot of players will know all about the characters without looking them up, but for those who like Star Trek but don’t completely recall everything they have watched it would be a nice feature to have.

Signature 

Fleet: Cymru am Byth

Immortals: 5* = 0, 4* = 8, 3* = 25, 2* = 19, 1* = 6

Posted: 21 April 2017 08:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2016-08-23

This is somewhat coming in 1.9. Many crew have a little in character blurb on them however right they are mostly on the wrong crew. For example Dixon Hill says something like “arrived on earth and has to deal with the Borg”, which belongs on Enterprise-E Picard.

Posted: 21 April 2017 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  67
Joined  2017-03-09

Okay thanks, would be helpful if they were accurate as well!

Signature 

Fleet: Cymru am Byth

Immortals: 5* = 0, 4* = 8, 3* = 25, 2* = 19, 1* = 6

Posted: 21 April 2017 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1679
Joined  2017-04-11
Emrys Myrddin - 21 April 2017 07:34 AM

I know this isn’t supposed to be a collecting game but a lot of players do play it for that reason, me included. So with that in mind I was wondering if it would be possible to add some character bios into each crew member?

Something like which version/episode/film the crew comes from with a little synopsis of their character profile.

I find I’m often having to search the web to find out who some of the characters are, I know a lot of players will know all about the characters without looking them up, but for those who like Star Trek but don’t completely recall everything they have watched it would be a nice feature to have.

I really like this idea and it’s good to see that it might be coming to version 1.9 smile

Signature 

Player from 06th April 2017 - 09th September 2017, now retired.

LLAP

‹‹ Bad ads      Current UI for shuttle tweak... ››