Apparently I missed the memo…
Posted: 20 April 2017 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-04-20

I am getting my butt handed to me in the gauntlet cause apparently i missed the memo on how to increase players proficiency/skill level (the nembers in parenthesis after their skills). Particularly, if the crew member is immortalized. Can some please clue me in!?!?!

Posted: 20 April 2017 06:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  434
Joined  2016-04-05
guest_835124595007489 - 20 April 2017 06:06 PM

I am getting my butt handed to me in the gauntlet cause apparently i missed the memo on how to increase players proficiency/skill level (the nembers in parenthesis after their skills). Particularly, if the crew member is immortalized. Can some please clue me in!?!?!

The proficiency come from the gear you equip on the crew. Each gear you equip either comes with Base stats, ship stats, proficiency stats, or some combo of 2.

Once a crew member is immortalized, you cannot increase their stats anymore.

Signature 

Andorian women are far more aggressive than Earth females. She made a… an overture. I had a choice - charge her with assaulting a superior or… mate with her.
I’d rather cohabit with Klingon targs than join forces with Tellarites!

My Immortals: 230

Posted: 20 April 2017 06:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  514
Joined  2016-11-21

Proficiency is based on the items equipped and nothing to do with fuse level.
So 1/5 or 5/5 work the same.
Look at your crew and check the wiki for the crew that have the best rolls (the bit in brackets) and level those up for the gauntlet. Base stats is pointless, just look for the rolls

hth

Posted: 20 April 2017 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2017-03-27
guest_835124595007489 - 20 April 2017 06:06 PM

Like others have said, the rolls in the gauntlet come from skill proficiency, aka the random additive numeric range on skills, which itself comes primarily from equipment (with a negligible base proficiency before any equipment is added).

There is no way to get higher gauntlet rolls for a particular crew member, if the crew member is immortalized.

To get higher gauntlet rolls, you need a particular crew member that has higher skill proficiency than your immortalized crew member.

Generally speaking, the higher rarity the crew, the rarer the equipment they require, which means higher skill proficiency. If you’re looking to rank in the top 50 or higher, 2 stars probably won’t cut it for very long.

Posted: 21 April 2017 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  934
Joined  2016-05-29

If it’s any consolation, even if you had the absolute best possible team in the Gauntlet, you’d still get your butt handed to you regularly because, RNG.

Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice

Posted: 09 May 2017 08:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2016-12-28

The gauntlet, much like Dabo, likes to inspire hope before snatching it away and giving you a clothing pattern as a parting gift.  Play it enough, you’ll win some and lose some.

Signature 

A committee is a cul-de-sac,  down which good ideas are lured, and quietly strangled…

[BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine

Best Event Finish:  Resistance; #15