1 2 > 
Previously Dismissed Crew
Posted: 20 April 2017 10:25 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2522
Joined  2014-09-09

Will we be able to put in a Support request to get back previously dismissed purples and golds?  I know when the Gauntlet rolled out, several people were able to get Support to restore several months worth of airlocked purples/golds to their accounts (they have a history of every drop/dismissal, which I didn’t realize).  Will the same hold true for this?  Obviously we would have to let them take the trainers/credits that we received back from our accounts, but with honor being added, I know I’ve dismissed dozens of purples/golds in the last 4 months as I’m sure others have as well.

Signature 

Star Trek Fleet:  Quark’s Holosuite

GOTA - House of Rebirth
Stark 2 - Lannister 2 - Greyjoy 18 - Baratheon 10 - Targaryen 10 - Martell 10 - Tyrell 2 - Tully 10 - Other 2

Posted: 20 April 2017 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1000
Joined  2016-05-29

This would be fantastic, even if it was only retroactive to a limited period.

Signature 

I devised a Star Trek Timelines Spreadsheet Template that you’re welcome to use.
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice

Posted: 20 April 2017 11:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2016-01-28

The crew restore option is only available for max 24 hours. On beta version, I deleted CMO ‘Bones’ McCoy yesterday. I got honor points for it and it showed in restore screen as well.
But today I went in to check and it was gone from restore screen.
So effectively you have max 24 hours to restore any accidentally deleted crew.

Posted: 20 April 2017 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1146
Joined  2016-12-12
SanMeh - 20 April 2017 11:48 AM

The crew restore option is only available for max 24 hours. On beta version, I deleted CMO ‘Bones’ McCoy yesterday. I got honor points for it and it showed in restore screen as well.

I think it is only 4. There’s a countdown timer that starts, and mine started at 4 hr once dismissed. (Unless there has been a server side change recently)

Posted: 20 April 2017 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2500
Joined  2015-12-05

I do hope so.

I’m not holding my breath, but it would be a very good move from DB’s part.

Besides, since we need 250 purples to buy a legendary (or something like that), I don’t particularly think DB is going to ruin themselves with such a move, honestly.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 20 April 2017 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2017-02-23

I don’t think the rates they’re using so far will help sell much more either.  Somebody buys a $100 2/5* pack, and they still end up with such low total Honor points from it, that they need to buy it 9 more times just to add a single star to a single legendary crew.  Sorry, I just don’t see any but the most extreme addicts that are being preyed upon spending $500-$1,000 for a fifth of a 5* crewman.

Posted: 20 April 2017 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2016-09-23

The Dismissed section is designed to help with “oops” dismissals, which otherwise require support tickets.  If they made the time much longer than 4hrs, people would use it as a bank while they speed-vaulted someone to make room.

Posted: 20 April 2017 02:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2016-05-18

Since they have a complete list of all dismissals, what about simply calculating the amount of honor that should have been generated and adding it to your account? I’m sure that can be automated and would save on a lot of support tickets, not to mention generating goodwill with all players, newer and older…

Signature 

Fleetmember of Quark’s Holosuite

Immortalized Crew: 34 x 5* (+18 FE), 69 x 4*, 42 x 3*, 24 x 2*, 24 x 1*
Event Records: 16th Game’s Afoot, 36th Isthmian Games, 45th Captain’s Oath, 85th Zero Hour

Posted: 20 April 2017 11:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2522
Joined  2014-09-09
He-Who-Meows - 20 April 2017 02:41 PM

Since they have a complete list of all dismissals, what about simply calculating the amount of honor that should have been generated and adding it to your account? I’m sure that can be automated and would save on a lot of support tickets, not to mention generating goodwill with all players, newer and older…

That’s actually a really good idea. It wouldn’t even be hard to do. Just a database query and a formula.  ThEN a script to insert the calculated amount into each account

Signature 

Star Trek Fleet:  Quark’s Holosuite

GOTA - House of Rebirth
Stark 2 - Lannister 2 - Greyjoy 18 - Baratheon 10 - Targaryen 10 - Martell 10 - Tyrell 2 - Tully 10 - Other 2

Posted: 21 April 2017 02:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  393
Joined  2016-04-10
Captain_Who - 20 April 2017 12:44 PM

I don’t think the rates they’re using so far will help sell much more either.  Somebody buys a $100 2/5* pack, and they still end up with such low total Honor points from it, that they need to buy it 9 more times just to add a single star to a single legendary crew.  Sorry, I just don’t see any but the most extreme addicts that are being preyed upon spending $500-$1,000 for a fifth of a 5* crewman.

Think about this a longer term reward feature, it doesn’t make every dismissal instantaneously valuable, but it does add value. Dismissed crew are mounting for all players (although more heavily for the bigger spenders). Just think about the free portal pulls earned from the gauntlet and event rewards, combined with multiple 4* crew that many receive through both threshold and rank rewards (not to mention the 2* and 3* rewards, which many more senior players will already have or have no interest in). These are largely free dismissals that could earn up to 1-2k honor a week. So within a year or less, F2P folks will be able to add an extra free star on a 5* crew. Some may find better value fusing 4* crew, so will be able to do that even sooner.

A year!??!  You may gasp! big surprise

Long yes, but a great number of us have been player for over a year. And if you ever buy extra packs and, inevitably, dismiss other crew, then your free star will come much sooner.

Posted: 21 April 2017 07:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  36
Joined  2016-01-28
Pallidyne - 20 April 2017 11:49 AM
SanMeh - 20 April 2017 11:48 AM

I think it is only 4. There’s a countdown timer that starts, and mine started at 4 hr once dismissed. (Unless there has been a server side change recently)

I missed the timer, I deleted the crew and went off to sleep and simply assumed that it got deleted at the daily refresh time. Deleted Picard today and saw the 4 hour timer. Thanks

Posted: 21 April 2017 01:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2016-05-05

Althea,

I posted the same type of question in the beta test info thread. I agree, DB should address this. You, I, & some others in this thread have been around long enough to remember DB saying trainers for airlocks were *temporary* while they decided what to do instead. Many of us took them at their word because this was back before all the bad blood started.

That was over a year ago. A year full of all players throwing away cards regardless of F2P or not. This effects every player on some level. We’be asked DB too many times to count for a fix or an update - with no quality answer given. Now they’ve changed the system and that’s great. The honor system looks good on the surface even if pricing is out of whack. But that doesn’t address all the players who have been forced to throw away event prizes, the odd free premium pulls, or even from basic non-dilithium pulls for a year. Even those players who decided they won’t spend money until the airlock conundrum was resolved were still effected in some way.

Even if they don’t grant full value for each and every airlocked card (as I feel they should), they need to do something to address this. Preferedly *before* there’s mass hysteria about the topic. Here’s another area DB can Do Better - both with communication and with player appreciation.

Let’s see what comes of this.

The Klingon High Council has pronounced this post is not spam…

Signature 

-Archivis Fireforge

“Number One… I order you to go take a number two…”

Posted: 21 April 2017 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1187
Joined  2017-04-11

On the one hand, as a new player, I am yet to dismiss any crew so wouldn’t stand to benefit from these retroactive awards of Honor points. On the other hand, I can completely see how wasteful it’s been for many players for months now - buying packs only to throw away rares and super rares due to duplication, especially if DB did indeed say the Training Holoprograms were only a temporary measure.

I say award retroactively for past dismissals - it would reward the players who have stuck with the game and continued to invest in it.

Signature 

My 4* & 5* Crew/Ship collection is in my Bio
Gauntlet Crew Top 10s / ‘First to Max’ list / Limited Crew list / Gauntlet Crit Chances
Noobs of the Delta Quadrant [NDQ] fleet officer - Delta Flyer Noobs squadron
United Kingdom. Started playing: 06th Apr 2017

Posted: 21 April 2017 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  358
Joined  2016-02-16
He-Who-Meows - 20 April 2017 02:41 PM

That would be great.

Signature 

157 Immortalized

Posted: 21 April 2017 06:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1007
Joined  2017-01-08

Retroactive Honors for all crew you’ve spaced since you started playing? C’mon, folks. You can’t seriously believe this is something that will ever happen.

You’ve already reaped many benefits from all your crew dismissals. Sure, many of you may have a glut of trainers now, but certainly in your first several months, they helped you level up many of your crew, did they not? Are you willing to give back what you got from them? But the thing is, that wouldn’t even be possible, as you’d not only have to un-level many of your cadets who were helped on their way to becoming FE by those trainers you got from airlocking early on, and then there are all the cadet missions those crew won for you, and the chronitons and boosts they provided you with, which in turn helped you level other crew or possibly win new ones in events. Those early trainers had a trickle-down effect that cannot be undone.

Not to mention that this would be a massive reward dump, one which would further widen the gap between long-time players and newer ones—which I’m sure the long-time players are fine with wink—but which I doubt DB would ever want to do, as it would make it even more difficult for newer players to compete, and when new players stop rolling in to any game, it’s in its death throes.

One possible solution might be to institute an exchange of trainers for Honor—at the same rate you would have gotten if you had gotten Honor instead of those trainers in the first place. This, at least, would be fair—since you would not have already received any benefit from the use of those surplus trainers.

Signature 

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG “Haven”

Posted: 21 April 2017 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  397
Joined  2016-05-20
Data1001 - 21 April 2017 06:03 PM

One possible solution might be to institute an exchange of trainers for Honor—at the same rate you would have gotten if you had gotten Honor instead of those trainers in the first place. This, at least, would be fair—since you would not have already received any benefit from the use of those surplus trainers.

I’ve suggested this too - there’s no reason I should get to benefit from airlocks twice. I do think people should be able to do a like-for-like trade of trainers to honor *one time*. Otherwise you could exploit the price difference between trainers to honor and back to trainers and so on, a current potential saddle point.

1 2 > 
1 of 2