1* question
Posted: 20 March 2017 02:56 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2016-12-29

So, my goal has been to vault all the 1*‘s.  I’ve had a few 2* and 3*‘s mixed in, but for the most part I’m almost done with the 1’s.

My question is about Stargazer Picard.  Is that one that is in any type of rotation to find?  Or was he just special at the time?

thanks,
~enzo

Posted: 20 March 2017 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2016-06-14

He was given as compensation last year, someone in my fleet mentioned that he can sometimes appear in the federation faction shop but unless something changes he is unobtainable (aside from the faction shop).

Posted: 20 March 2017 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  204
Joined  2016-01-29
Captain enzo - 20 March 2017 02:56 PM

My question is about Stargazer Picard.  Is that one that is in any type of rotation to find?  Or was he just special at the time?

You can find the answers here:
https://stt.wiki/wiki/Stargazer_Picard

Signature 

Chief Intelligence Officer

Posted: 20 March 2017 03:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  999
Joined  2016-12-12

I’ve been trying for months to get him in the faction shop. Not sure if he got taken out at some point or if there’s just too damn many characters that can rotate through there. Or both.

Posted: 20 March 2017 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  394
Joined  2016-06-13

Oh the long and storied history of Jean-Luc “Stargazer” Picard.  Many tales have been woven over the years of this mythical and oft desired card.  Sit here ‘round this fire, Ezno, and let me spin a yarn of intrigue, wonder and triumph.  Also, for full disclosure, this post and associated replies are not spam but - well, actually, they may be spam.  I’m not so sure.

Anyway Eonz, Stargazer Picard began his career here in STT as a rare 1* drop from the basic portal.  He was a “Beta Phase” character, so there were things about him from his build items to stats that weren’t meant for primetime.  Fairly quickly, he was removed from the loot tables to put him back on the shelves for repair.

Warp forward a few lightyears and, as an unintended consequence of adding crew to the Faction Shops, he once again appeared as a Federation Captain, ready to join your crew for a mere pittance of 50 DIL.  However, an errant rock thrown by the Gorn Captain struck him, and he has not been seen since.

You see, he’s not currently in the loot tables.  Eventually.

Signature 

Be part of the #1 fleet in ST:T today - Join Blood Legion!

Also proud member of THE F2P LEAGUE. I like a challenge!

Posted: 20 March 2017 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2016-12-29

Thanks, Farnk!  I guess there will always be a hole in my vault and my heart.

~enzo

Posted: 20 March 2017 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1296
Joined  2016-03-30

Hey DB - it seems like you could score a lot of points with a lot of us by running an event where HE is one of the easy rewards!

Posted: 20 March 2017 10:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  370
Joined  2016-05-07

I actually sent CS a ticket asking about Stargazer Picard.

This was the honest and informative response I got back:

“Apparently, for a brief time, Stargazer Picard actually was made available by mistake when we were first introducing the ability to buy crew from the faction stores. Because of this, some players were able to acquire him during that window of time and still have him today, but that was not our intention.

The issue with Stargazer Picard is that he was slated for release at one point and exists within the game’s engine (which is why people are able to have him at all), but was put on hold. However, because some players had already mistakenly been given a Stargazer Picard, we are not able to simply remove him from the game until he’s done because the players that do have him would get angry that we are taking something away without their permission.

Because he has not been officially released, we are not permitted to grant him to customers as this would undermine the development team’s decisions regarding unfinished content.

At this time, we do not have an ETA on when he will become available for everyone, but once we do have some more information we will be announcing it through the Build Notes both in-game and on the forums.”

There, my friends, is your official DB answer on Stargazer Picard’s status.

DB could take a big step forward in mending things with the player base by finalizing him and making him available…sooner rather than later.

Posted: 21 March 2017 12:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-12-12
General McDuck - 20 March 2017 10:15 PM

“Apparently, for a brief time, Stargazer Picard actually was made available by mistake when we were first introducing the ability to buy crew from the faction stores. Because of this, some players were able to acquire him during that window of time and still have him today, but that was not our intention.

The issue with Stargazer Picard is that he was slated for release at one point and exists within the game’s engine (which is why people are able to have him at all), but was put on hold. However, because some players had already mistakenly been given a Stargazer Picard, we are not able to simply remove him from the game until he’s done because the players that do have him would get angry that we are taking something away without their permission.

Because he has not been officially released, we are not permitted to grant him to customers as this would undermine the development team’s decisions regarding unfinished content.

At this time, we do not have an ETA on when he will become available for everyone, but once we do have some more information we will be announcing it through the Build Notes both in-game and on the forums.”

DB could take a big step forward in mending things with the player base by finalizing him and making him available…sooner rather than later.

Well they did say new Cadets with 1.9….

Posted: 21 March 2017 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  313
Joined  2017-02-14

I’ve airlocked him, so he is in the game. Not sure how I got him, think it was from a standard pull…

Signature 

Tearing up space since Feb 2017

Posted: 21 March 2017 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2016-06-27

I got Stargazer Picard through a basic portal pull last year some time. And airlocked him. I’m still kicking myself for that one.

Signature 

Waiting for Satan’s Robot.

Posted: 21 March 2017 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  590
Joined  2016-06-17
General McDuck - 20 March 2017 10:15 PM

Or remove him and give anybody who loses him a 5* Picard of their choice as compensation.

Posted: 21 March 2017 11:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2016-02-17

Or remove him and give anybody who loses him a 5* Picard of their choice as compensation.

That would hardly be proportionate. It would make more sense for them to refund the total chroniton cost of leveling him from 0-100. I don’t have him, and I wish I did, and I certainly wouldn’t be pleased if I had pulled him and then logged in one day to find him missing. But I’d be satisfied, though still peeved, if I got those chrons back.

Signature 

Administrator, Star Trek Timelines Discord group
URL: Discord.me/StarTrekTimelines
Invite code: https://discord.gg/xpvbjuQ

Posted: 21 March 2017 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-12-12
[DB: Do Better] Merwinian - 21 March 2017 11:02 PM

That would hardly be proportionate. It would make more sense for them to refund the total chroniton cost of leveling him from 0-100. I don’t have him, and I wish I did, and I certainly wouldn’t be pleased if I had pulled him and then logged in one day to find him missing. But I’d be satisfied, though still peeved, if I got those chrons back.

How hard is it to fix a damn 1*? How OP could he be? According to the Wiki, he’s a 3 ability 1* with above 1* average stats, not up to 2* specs by any stretch.

Something’s a lil more fishy here.