Make me happy?
Posted: 20 March 2017 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2017-02-26

Dear DB, I am growing so tired of airlocking 3+4* crew for trainer, please implement a loot box option when airlocking crew, this could also be applied to the gauntlet rewards where players are offered a trainer box or loot crate at the relevant reward stage, I think this would make everyone happy…

RIP Cardassian Kira, Fencing Sulu and Detective Dixon Hill, you gave life to No Slots 5* Garak, No Slots Kirk and No Slots Riker.

Posted: 20 March 2017 01:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2017-01-02
[DB - Do Better] Curzon 0do - 20 March 2017 01:38 PM

Dear DB, I am growing so tired of airlocking 3+4* crew for trainer, please implement a loot box option when airlocking crew, this could also be applied to the gauntlet rewards where players are offered a trainer box or loot crate at the relevant reward stage, I think this would make everyone happy…

RIP Cardassian Kira, Fencing Sulu and Detective Dixon Hill, you gave life to No Slots 5* Garak, No Slots Kirk and No Slots Riker.

There’s a weird thing going on in this game where the further in to the game you get the more expensive it becomes. And this is in all facets. Not only do prices escalate for items such as crew slots, but also the loot gets more and more useless.

In particular in the gauntlet I am sick and tired of seeing blue trainers. Well over half of my loot crates are blue trainers. Honestly the measly amount of credits would be better. Bue trainers *very* quickly only start to offer a tiny benefit.

Similarly with the whole airlocking of crew. When you have hit your slot limit (even though you have paid money) you are getting useless loot for doing so. And the more money you have spent (buying shuttles, more packs etc) the more useless the loot becomes.

When you ditch crew you should get a special currency that allows you to buy crew from a special store (or from faction stores). This is an industry norm.

Posted: 20 March 2017 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2016-03-31

My reward from the last event included three Tailor Garaks, which I airlocked for trainers because I already had him FF.  I also got three premium pulls - three rare crew, airlocked for trainers because I already had them fully fused.  At the end of the event, I finished with three Augment Rikers and three Romulan Kirks, so I did a 10 pack event pull with saved dilithium.  Other than the Augment Riker (the only 4 or 5 star card of the lot), I airlocked all but one of the rare crew rewards, which I already had FF (including two of the same card in that pull).

There are lots of rare characters I do not have FF, btw - but tell RNG that.

When earning rewards makes me like the game less, something is seriously broken.

Posted: 20 March 2017 04:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1296
Joined  2016-03-30
Vyger_Borg - 20 March 2017 02:57 PM

My reward from the last event included three Tailor Garaks, which I airlocked for trainers because I already had him FF.  I also got three premium pulls - three rare crew, airlocked for trainers because I already had them fully fused.  At the end of the event, I finished with three Augment Rikers and three Romulan Kirks, so I did a 10 pack event pull with saved dilithium.  Other than the Augment Riker (the only 4 or 5 star card of the lot), I airlocked all but one of the rare crew rewards, which I already had FF (including two of the same card in that pull).

When earning rewards makes me like the game less, something is seriously broken.

Well you could look at it this way: Tux Garak lets me vault Tailor AND Mirror Garak so i “free up” one slot

(even though Mirror Garak is a beast and was relatively easy to level)

Posted: 20 March 2017 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2016-03-31
das411 - 20 March 2017 04:52 PM
Vyger_Borg - 20 March 2017 02:57 PM

Well you could look at it this way: Tux Garak lets me vault Tailor AND Mirror Garak so i “free up” one slot

(even though Mirror Garak is a beast and was relatively easy to level)

Missed out on top 1000 - finished 1700 or so, even with four characters giving me a bonus and an extra couple thousand squad leader points.  I am sure some will disagree but as of a few months ago it seems it became impossible to finish in the top 1000 with only three shuttles, and I can’t pull the trigger on number four.

Posted: 20 March 2017 08:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  374
Joined  2016-05-03

Almost all my rewards are airlocked. The only thing I’ve kept lately were a 3/4* Paris and a 4/4* Ro. Oh, and 4/4* Captain Sulu. But most of the characters I either already have or just don’t care about. Even the legendary characters because most make me scratch my head and wonder why they were chosen.

Posted: 20 March 2017 09:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  332
Joined  2016-11-30
Vyger_Borg - 20 March 2017 05:36 PM

Missed out on top 1000 - finished 1700 or so, even with four characters giving me a bonus and an extra couple thousand squad leader points.  I am sure some will disagree but as of a few months ago it seems it became impossible to finish in the top 1000 with only three shuttles, and I can’t pull the trigger on number four.

While I’m sure more and more people are getting the 4th shuttle and that makes a big difference, there’s also a lot of players with a lot of Kirks/Rikers and probably at least one Garak on their crew.

Anyone playing a while (or spending a lot or both) for this event conceivably had:
(Rare to Legendary)

Mirror Kirk
Kal-if-Fee Kirk
Romulan Kirk
Plato Kirk
Nexus Kirk
Command Wrap Kirk

OO Garak
Mirror Garak
Tailor Garak

Admiral Riker
Angel I Riker
Jazz Riker

Plus the many that picked up packs for Augment Riker/Romulan Kirk/Tux Garak

That’s 12 potential event crew before a pack is even pulled, all of which provide at least a 2x bonus to shuttle boosts.

Signature 

/SSR/Ninpo

Fleet for Serious Trekkers

Posted: 21 March 2017 11:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  35
Joined  2017-01-15

I’m sick of air locking duplicate crew, myself.  Either give something better, or do as I’ve said before: impliment an exchange system.  Last time I said that, players exclaimed “then you’ll have players creating farming accounts”.  Well, no, not really.  If I have a 4* crew I don’t need, put him up in a market, kind of like an auction almost, and if another player needs that character, they offer one of the same rarity.  If I need that one, great, I accept the trade.  If not, I can keep waiting to see if I get a better offer

Posted: 21 March 2017 11:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  345
Joined  2016-03-02
[DB - Do Better] Curzon 0do - 20 March 2017 01:38 PM

I’d rather have a crew replicator/store where airlocked crew provide fuel/shards towards getting stars on my non-FF crew than gauntlet style loot boxes that might give me something decent or might not.

Signature