DisruptorCon: Player Gathering @ PAX East
Posted: 13 February 2017 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Federation Council
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  255
Joined  2016-09-07

Greetings Captains!

We are hosting a DisruptorCon at PAX East this year! Come and meet with other Captains and key members of the Disruptor Beam team.

DisruptorCon will be held at the Harpoon Brewery Beer Hall (about a 10 minute walk from the BCEC and PAX East). We’ll have drinks and light snacks. There will also be some fun giveaways and other STT, TWD:MTW, and GoTA-themed activities.

Admission is free for current Star Trek Timelines players but space is limited, so RSVP today!

Event Sign-Up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/disruptorcon-player-gathering-pax-east-tickets-31754155534
Password: DisruptorConPAXEast17

NOTE: When we hit our registration capacity, we will collect names for a waiting list. Please only RSVP if you plan to attend. If for some reason you register and then cannot attend, please kindly contact us so that we can release your ticket to someone on the waiting list.

We hope you can make it!

Cheers,
Disruptor Beam

Posted: 13 February 2017 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  491
Joined  2016-06-13

Excellent.

I have just purchased my tickets.

I promise to be on my best behavior.

I promise to wear pants.

I cannot promise anything beyond that.

Posted: 13 February 2017 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2016-04-17

Great to see international players again subsidising stateside attendees of these events

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.

Posted: 13 February 2017 05:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Federation Council
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-09-07
[BL] Frank - 13 February 2017 05:38 PM

Excellent.

I promise to wear pants.

The team appreciates your commitment to pants. wink

Posted: 13 February 2017 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  355
Joined  2016-06-26
Alpharius - 13 February 2017 05:53 PM

Great to see international players again subsidising stateside attendees of these events

Didn’t they do one of these in the UK last year?

Posted: 13 February 2017 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2016-12-17
Brother Captain Archangel - 13 February 2017 06:09 PM

Didn’t they do one of these in the UK last year?

Yes Birmingham i think it was.

Posted: 13 February 2017 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1478
Joined  2016-12-12
[BL] Frank - 13 February 2017 05:38 PM

Excellent.

I promise to wear pants.

I think we need a commitment from another attendee to pants you…..

Posted: 13 February 2017 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3141
Joined  2016-01-30

PAX is not a DB event. Its a pretty well know gaming conference. DB is just attending. When DB attended Trek Europe event no one complained about stateside players subsidizing international attendees.

Posted: 13 February 2017 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2017-02-13

What information/ documentation is required to attend this event?

Posted: 13 February 2017 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2016-04-02

So excited you folks are hosting another gathering - my fiancee and I had a great time last year meeting everyone!

Dumb question, one of my good friends is attending PAX for the first time this year.  He has not played any DB titles but may I also share this event with him?  I understand if you folks would prefer to limit it to community members.

Either way I am very excited to see everyone!

Posted: 13 February 2017 08:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2016-04-17
South of Sulu - 13 February 2017 08:22 PM

PAX is not a DB event. Its a pretty well know gaming conference. DB is just attending. When DB attended Trek Europe event no one complained about stateside players subsidizing international attendees.

This makes 3 US, 1 UK, and 4 Northern Hemisphere.
Can we expect DB to make a showing at PAX Mel this year?

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.

Posted: 14 February 2017 05:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  440
Joined  2015-09-25

Many, many people complained. The complaint was “why put time and money into arranging an in-person event that excludes the vast majority of your global player base, while putting minimal effort into in-game acts of player appreciation or marking a milestone anniversary of the IP that is lining DB’s pockets?”

Signature 

Fleet member - Quark’s Holosuite

Posted: 14 February 2017 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Federation Council
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-09-07
Imnothammer - 13 February 2017 08:42 PM

So excited you folks are hosting another gathering - my fiancee and I had a great time last year meeting everyone!

Dumb question, one of my good friends is attending PAX for the first time this year.  He has not played any DB titles but may I also share this event with him?  I understand if you folks would prefer to limit it to community members.

Either way I am very excited to see everyone!

So glad you enjoyed yourself last year, Imnothammer! For now we’d like to keep it to players, but I will let you know if that changes. See you there!

Posted: 14 February 2017 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Federation Council
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-09-07
Alpharius - 13 February 2017 08:59 PM

This makes 3 US, 1 UK, and 4 Northern Hemisphere.
Can we expect DB to make a showing at PAX Mel this year?

I know a whole bunch of us would absolutely love it if we could, Alpharius!

Posted: 14 February 2017 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3141
Joined  2016-01-30
NemoTheBlue - 14 February 2017 05:40 AM

Many, many people complained. The complaint was “why put time and money into arranging an in-person event that excludes the vast majority of your global player base, while putting minimal effort into in-game acts of player appreciation or marking a milestone anniversary of the IP that is lining DB’s pockets?”

No, that was people complaining about ALL in-person events in general, as you are doing. Alpharius wants events, just he wants them where he is because its unfair otherwise…

Attenting conferences like PAX (or E3) is pretty much a must for a gaming company to grow their game. It is what the marketing budget is for. Attending these type of conferences and growing the game leads to more resources to add features which DB seems to have prioritized over in-game acts of player appreciation.