1 2 3 >  Last ›
Hybrid Event FAQ
Posted: 07 February 2017 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Federation Council
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2016-09-07

Greetings Captains!

With our next event, Captain’s Oath, we are introducing a new event concept: Hybrid Events! Hybrid Events allow us to combine different events types into the same event narrative. In practice, this means that when an event phase changes, the gameplay may change to fit the narrative. Perhaps they begin as a Faction Event and change to a Galaxy Event; or maybe an Expedition Event changes into a Faction Event. You may even see an event that changes into all three!

What this allows us to do is vary the actions you take during an event. For our first Hybrid Event, coming later this week, we are focusing on the various Captains scattered around the galaxy. Together with his contemporaries Captain Harriman and Captain Bateson, Captain Sulu mounts an expedition to try and enter one of the many temporal anomalies dotting the galactic landscape, and for the first time try to report back what is on the other side.

To assist Captain Sulu, you’ll need to gather supplies for the expedition, which takes the form of a Faction Event. Send out your shuttles to complete missions, and earn VP for the event. After 48 hours, the phase change occurs, and the event turns into a Galaxy Event. Complete supply missions in the form of a Galaxy Event to assist Sulu in his explorations, and earn VP for the event.

Read on for even more information about Hybrid Events:

Do my VP and Ranking carry over from one event phase type to another?

Yes. Hybrid Events are still a single event. Your VP stays present through the phase change, though the method of earning it (shuttles or recipes) will change as the phases change.

How many phase changes can occur?

Theoretically, we could have as many we would like, but for the first Hybrid Event we are focusing on just a single Faction and Galaxy phase. If this Hybrid Event (and other future Hybrid Events) go well, we may introduce more events (or new event types) into the chain.

Will there be community rewards, and if so during which phases?

Yep! You’ll be able to earn Community Rewards during the second phase of the event, which is the Galaxy Event phase. You will not be able to earn Community Rewards during the first Faction Event phase, and only the VP earned in the second phase will apply to those Community Rewards.

Is this how all events will be structured in the future?

We will still have normal Faction and Galaxy Events in the future. Hybrid Events may be introduced into the event rotation.

We hope you’re as excited for this new event type as we are! Venture beyond the boundaries of the temporal anomaly and help Captain Sulu in our newest event, Captain’s Oath, which runs from Thursday, February 9th through Monday, February 13th.

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  941
Joined  2015-05-03

yeah for sure.  i think this will be a fun event.  looking forward to it.

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  722
Joined  2016-03-18

Is there crew sharing during the shuttle portion?  Will there be squads?

Signature 

Be part of the #1 fleet in Timelines today.  Join Blood Legion!

Also proud member of THE F2P LEAGUE. But I’m Bronze Rose there; F2P can’t afford silver.

DB: Do Better!

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1781
Joined  2014-04-18

I’m really interested in / confused by how the threshold rewards will work in the 2 phases.

Because in faction events there are extra transmissions and merits because they are needed… in galaxy events chronitons because they are needed.

I don’t have any concept of what it looks like when they are mashed up.

Signature 

“Seize the time - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ~ Jean Luc Picard / Kamin
Fleet = Unimatrix B4 - Zero, Rank = 160* FC

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2016-04-15

Will shuttles that are sent out during the Faction phase before it expires still be collectible during the Galaxy phase since the event is still running?  Or will all shuttles need to be collected before the phase change to count for VP?

For example, I sent 3h shuttles out at 10a during the Faction phase.  The event changes phase to Galaxy at noon.  When the shuttles return at 1p, will they still collect VP or will they have been changed back to normal shuttle missions?

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1106
Joined  2016-02-04

Is there crew sharing? If so, will it only be for phase one, or will it last for the duration of the event?

Will there be two separate threshold reward tables (i.e. will the threshold reward tables “re-set” once it goes from a Faction event to a Galaxy event?)

Signature 

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

VIP 12

Admiral of the 7th Tactical Wing

Member of the The F2P League as Darmok Mk 0.5

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  699
Joined  2015-10-25

It would be great if the phase 2 Galaxy recipes used items dropped by the phase 1 shuttles. I hope this is the case.

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2016-06-15

Yes I agree, I think to fit this narrative the items used during the 2nd phase should consist at least partially of those from the shuttle.  No reason to farm 2* prime directives if nothing in the galaxy event uses them in a recipe…

Posted: 07 February 2017 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2016-05-04

So, for regular shuttle events, you need to claim the shuttle before the event ends so that you can get the points to count. This makes sense, because the event is ending.

But in this week’s event, the event doesn’t end, phase 2 (the Galaxy part) begins. So can you still get points from an event shuttle after the noon switchover on Saturday?

This is really two questions…

1. Can I get Event VP for a shuttle I send out at 11:59AM on Saturday that returns during phase 2?

2. Can I get Event VP for a shuttle that comes back before noon on Saturday even if I claim it after noon once phase 2 has begun?

I’d rather we know these things in advance instead of trying to guess them during the event.

Signature 

F2P for me. I like a challenge. You can use your money, I’ll use my talents.

Posted: 07 February 2017 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  212
Joined  2016-07-07
Captain Durf - 07 February 2017 10:43 AM

It would be great if the phase 2 Galaxy recipes used items dropped by the phase 1 shuttles. I hope this is the case.

Yes…add faction specific items to Galaxy events.  No better way to watch them burn…

Signature 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler’s_fallacy

“...people expect that a short run of random outcomes should share properties of a longer run, specifically in that deviations from average should balance out”

Posted: 07 February 2017 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2016-12-16

I’m pleased to see that the threshold rewards won’t change with the phase. That way we can possibly get the useful rewards in faction before shutting it down during these asinine galaxy events.

Posted: 07 February 2017 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  114
Joined  2016-02-29
DB Heather - 07 February 2017 10:01 AM

We will still have normal Faction and Galaxy Events in the future. Hybrid Events may be introduced into the event rotation.

So Expedition Events are dead?

Signature 

Crew: 319 | Immortalized: 250 | Frozen: 119

Posted: 07 February 2017 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  881
Joined  2016-02-27

What about Picard? Do I still have to keep an eye on him this weekend?

Posted: 07 February 2017 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  722
Joined  2016-03-18

Maybe it’s just keeping one eye because they’re introducing 23rd Century Picard…

Signature 

Be part of the #1 fleet in Timelines today.  Join Blood Legion!

Also proud member of THE F2P LEAGUE. But I’m Bronze Rose there; F2P can’t afford silver.

DB: Do Better!

Posted: 07 February 2017 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  421
Joined  2016-04-05
UL1R53 - 07 February 2017 12:10 PM
DB Heather - 07 February 2017 10:01 AM

So Expedition Events are dead?

Perhaps they begin as a Faction Event and change to a Galaxy Event; or maybe an Expedition Event changes into a Faction Event. You may even see an event that changes into all three!

I saw this, so I assume they aren’t dead. But she did mention their 2 ‘favorites’ in your quote. So, who knows. But, I would like to see expedition come back, also!

Signature 

Andorian women are far more aggressive than Earth females. She made a… an overture. I had a choice - charge her with assaulting a superior or… mate with her.
I’d rather cohabit with Klingon targs than join forces with Tellarites!

Member of [BL]

My 100 characters:  208
My Fully fused and item characters: 204

Posted: 07 February 2017 12:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  881
Joined  2016-02-27
SilverRose - 07 February 2017 12:27 PM

Maybe it’s just keeping one eye because they’re introducing 23rd Century Picard…

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 5