NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
Obvious cheating
Posted: 02 February 2017 01:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2016-02-20

Only Q cheats. The rest pay dil. I have finished in the top 25 before by only spending $40. Key is to use boosts and dil speedups wisely with good crew.

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  712
Joined  2016-07-13
(FF) The Sisko1 - 02 February 2017 01:31 PM

Only Q cheats. The rest pay dil. I have finished in the top 25 before by only spending $40. Key is to use boosts and dil speedups wisely with good crew.

Just because I have 3 FF locotus doesn’t mean I cheat ok Sisko

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  534
Joined  2016-02-20

Just makes you crafty

Posted: 02 February 2017 01:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  712
Joined  2016-07-13
(FF) The Sisko1 - 02 February 2017 01:45 PM

Just makes you crafty

And the most Reviled player in Timelines. I currently have 19 jars of tears from newbies crying foul bwahahaha. I dip my crackers in it to make them extra salty

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  55
Joined  2016-12-14

In the same voice as Oogway.. *cough*

To spend, or not to spend
To play, or not to play

If you love a game, why not simply play the game?
If you love Star Trek, think like Star Trek.
That’s why we’re here.

(sorry - me too gets annoyed by the same people always winning… but then again: am a trekkie. I play the game just for that and because I like the game. Funny thing is, I got this link posted to me on a chatterbox when I was advising the first DDF member to get the gauntlet… and he said: I got a yellow mark at the icon for gauntlet… this link was posted as a response lol)

Signature 

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted: 02 February 2017 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2016-02-11

It should also be noted that DB made a change several releases ago that specifically caters to shuttle event “cheaters”/investors.

It used to be when you sent out a shuttle, the window would close and take you back to the faction screen. Now when you send out a shuttle, the shuttle window stays open. It reduces the number of clicks (and screen rendering time) to get back to the shuttle screen to speed up the shuttle.

There is no other purpose for this and it negatively effects 99.9% of users during the shuttle event, and 99.999% of users when there isn’t a shuttle event.

Posted: 02 February 2017 04:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2016-09-04
Tyreal - 02 February 2017 12:28 PM

Can you guys please do something about the guys who are so obviously cheating?  Within 5 minutes of the shuttle event today a few guys had 5000 pts.  Even with boosts they shouldn’t be anywhere close to that.  These same guys win every single event.  It’s getting tiresome.

You aren’t going to get an honest answer from DB or the people in this thread throwing you off the scent.

DB is well aware of what the exploit is. The top players know it and it is available knowledge around social media. Some of the people who answered the post know it and are deliberately hiding it.

It is not using boosts, or having maxed event crew. That helps later though.

Come on DB level the playing field. Tell everyone the exploit or SHUT IT DOWN!

Posted: 02 February 2017 04:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2016-04-13

Ah, I wasn’t aware there was an issue. My post was clean, honest, and legitimate. For whatever small amount it may be worth.

Signature 

My crew spreadsheet
226 Level 100 FE
192 Immortal

Posted: 02 February 2017 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2016-06-26
Tribble Spock - 02 February 2017 04:13 PM

Can you guys please do something about the guys who are so obviously cheating?  Within 5 minutes of the shuttle event today a few guys had 5000 pts.  Even with boosts they shouldn’t be anywhere close to that.  These same guys win every single event.  It’s getting tiresome.

You aren’t going to get an honest answer from DB or the people in this thread throwing you off the scent.

DB is well aware of what the exploit is. The top players know it and it is available knowledge around social media. Some of the people who answered the post know it and are deliberately hiding it.

It is not using boosts, or having maxed event crew. That helps later though.

Come on DB level the playing field. Tell everyone the exploit or SHUT IT DOWN!

You mean opening up a whole bunch of shuttle missions to start and using speedup boosts? That isn’t an exploit. Anyone can do it.

Posted: 02 February 2017 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2016-06-13

Hi!

I agree!  This is outrageous.  These KM guys are dirty cheaters, and they always win! Plus, they never share!  Give us guys in BL a chance to cheat and win!

Thanks for sticking up for the little guy, Tyreal!  We here at BL appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Dirty KM cheaters.

Posted: 02 February 2017 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2016-06-13
Tyreal - 02 February 2017 12:37 PM

I have my doubts.  The same guy wins every event.  At the rate they charge for dilithium he’d have to spend thousands per event.

Hi!  I’m [BL] Frank!
You may know me from such leaderboard spots as #1, as well as #2 and the more frequent #46.

This conversation comes up every once in a blue moon.  It’s perfectly acceptable to feel the way you do.  I’d like to dispel some of the misnomers going around.

There are many different types of players here in ST:T.  You will see grizzled Veterans & new players; FTP or VIP 14;  all different colors, shapes, nationalities and beliefs.  One thing we all share is our love for Trek.  And the specific moto: we don’t believe in a no-win situation!

There are some players, like myself, who have paid a nominal sum of money to DB whilst playing this game.  Through said purchases, we have aquired fairly large and strong crews.  A deep bench like that makes it near impossible for a 2 month old player to fully compete, even if they spent thousands in one day, as you can only level and build so many things in a days time.  Most top players you see have hit their one year mark in the game.

I say “near impossible” as the last event proved that a 100% FTP, VIP 0 Player named Lock-N-Load finished *9th* in the event single standings and squad standings.  That’s unheard of.  You know how he did it?  Tons and tons of planning and strategy, and a lack of sleep.  No cheating, no money.

Now, take me for example.  How did I win my event?  I threw money at the screen until I couldn’t be caught.  Not exactly strategy or planning.  But, it’s the standard in all mobile games these days - the very top of the event leaderboard is expensive.

In this case, zero cheating.  I, along with many players, utilize the same strategy at the beginning of a shuttle event where you open a maximum amount of missions, play in a certain order, and then using just a few 3* time boosts, go directly from 2VIP missions to 4k missions.  It takes time, especially when the mobile device is dying under the strain, to open a maximum amount of shuttle missions.  That’s the hardest part of the entire event.  That takes a good 20 minutes, non stop.  Once that’s done, it’s clear sailing to the top.  Personally, at that point, I’ll have my excel spreadsheet showing every single mission in the event, because I just opened them all.  I’ll know which ones are great for my crew, and which ones suck.  I’ll open a few select missions that are tailored for my needs, and I’ll attach time boosts.  I’ll then use DIL to insta-complete them.  I’ll do that 20ish times.  That’s 80k points in 10 minutes.  From there, I’ll run 4 shuttles, constantly on 3* time boosts, for the rest of the event.  I’ll end with no fewer than 400k VP total and in the top 50.

Total to speed up 20 shuttles?  About $25.  That’s it.  So what you percieve as cheating is actually this elaborate sequence I just laid out where I spend the cost of a new hardcover book at Barnes & Noble.

Now, the other half of that is my 61 Immortalized 5* characters.  That cost more than $25.

But that’s another rant for another day.

Love,
Frank

Posted: 02 February 2017 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14
[BL] Frank - 02 February 2017 05:14 PM

Hi!  I’m [BL] Frank!
You may know me from such leaderboard spots as #1, as well as #2 and the more frequent #46.

But that’s another rant for another day.

Love,
Frank

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 02 February 2017 05:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  75
Joined  2016-08-21

You load up your shuttle if it’s above 80% success rate. You put a 3 star speed up on the shuttle. Then you bring it in with dilithium. For about two hundred you can be king of the hill.

Posted: 02 February 2017 06:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  701
Joined  2016-06-18
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 02 February 2017 01:02 PM

Add this to my already loaded roster (I’m a spender, after all) and I can jump out to the kind of early lead that a monthly card player could never even dream of.

Monthly players can hit that early mark (I reached 11th place a few faction events back), it’s sustaining it that is impossible.

Signature 

- G O R N
D I L I T H I U M   C A U S E S   C A N C E R

Posted: 02 February 2017 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  126
Joined  2016-09-04
Brother Captain Archangel - 02 February 2017 04:32 PM

You mean opening up a whole bunch of shuttle missions to start and using speedup boosts? That isn’t an exploit. Anyone can do it.

Except that’s not quite all there is to it, isn’t it?

Dear Player Base,

For months the Faction Events have been exploited by opening up 30 shuttle missions. 10 of each. They are then all completed at once. When the 31st shuttle mission is opened its vp value is 2250.

Within a few minutes, using speed-up boosts and maxed crew you can be doing 4000vp for the rest of the event. A maxed 5* and 4* event crew get a guaranteed 95% on two crew shuttle missions.

The current format was likely in response to emails I sent to Nod and Erin. There has been no reply from either of them and I did not expect one.

So Frank as thankful as I am for the openness you and others have been with your playing strategies it would be better if all three events were fair for all players. Shuttle events are broken until all players are competing with the same rules and knowledge.

My sincere apologies to the board leaders you are not cheaters. You are just using a loop hole that DB has seen fit to ignore. I believe the loop hole in fact exploits players who chase the top and dump huge sums of money only to always fall short. If DB were losing money like the faction store debacle how fast would this have been fixed?

We all want to feel good, and gaming the game does that, I’ve done it(faction store).

But now it needs to stop.

< 1 2 3 4 >  Last ›
2 of 5