NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

Anyone else have this issue with two different accounts?
Posted: 02 February 2017 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  195
Joined  2016-06-02

So logged into my iPad today (my normal monthly card device) and saw the usual £99.99 offer for Uhura. I then log into my f2p account on facebook and see the same offer for a different price (£80.12). Had the f2p account for a month now, so not exactly new, both used only in the UK, does facebook players have cheaper options over iOS or android players or am I missing something, both seem to be for the same offer.

Image Attachments
IMG_0506.PNGCapture.PNG

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2016-06-13

I believe this has to do with Apple increasing their price/inflation across the board for purchases, due to the strength of the currency and market.  There’s a more detailed thread around here that does a much better job describing it than I.

Facebook does not seem to have adopted the same practice yet, therefore it would be cheaper to make your purchases via FB.

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15
[BL] Frank - 02 February 2017 02:26 PM

I believe this has to do with Apple increasing their price/inflation across the board for purchases, due to the strength of the currency and market.  There’s a more detailed thread around here that does a much better job describing it than I.

Facebook does not seem to have adopted the same practice yet, therefore it would be cheaper to make your purchases via FB.

This is most likely correct. iOS just updated their pricing to take into consideration several recent events, and that meant a rather significant pricing change.

As always, we don’t define foreign exchange rates; We use Apple’s tiered pricing system, and Google’s automatic conversion system for any pricing conversions.

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2016-08-05

At least for Canada, the prices are similar, off by a dollar last time I checked. Google UK probably hasn’t adjusted their exchange rates recently. Take advantage while you can.

Signature 

This is NOT spam!

‹‹ Balance of power      Obvious cheating ››