NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
Gauntlet Rollout Has Begun!
Posted: 03 February 2017 12:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2016-11-21
Roonis - 03 February 2017 12:26 PM
[TRF] Species 8471 - 03 February 2017 10:56 AM
Roonis - 02 February 2017 05:13 PM

I’d state again, real rewards should be rolled out to all players equally; if the gauntlet is out early for some, it should be in a test mode with no actual rewards or minimal small rewards, but I know it would fall on deaf ears as always.

A/B testing, because why should we all get to play the same game when rewards are competitive?

Why would the present ones that have it play much if there are no prizes? It’s a slow rollout not to peeve you off but because they want to stress test it before sending it out to more. I don’t think it’ll be more than a week or so before we all get it so those lucky ones get a few more prizes, it hardly detracts from your game, why take away from theirs?

While it’s only a week in this case, so I agree not to big a deal here, it’s the same type of thing where they A/B tested ship battles, and some players had a drastically harder game for 3 MONTHS, and with Ad testing when some players had ads off and on for 2 months before the public roll out.  While this specific situation isn’t egregious, they way of doing things in general and other applications were BAD.

Agreed about the Ad testing, it was way too long for the select few. Maybe a rolling test would have been better if they had to test them for so long, give Ad’s to some for a week then take them away and give them to somebody new.

Conversely enough, I just logged in and found I have the Gauntlet, I didn’t when I posted but want to mention it for transparency.

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15
Admiral William T. Riker - 03 February 2017 12:10 PM
Nod - 03 February 2017 12:05 PM

As of Feb 3rd at Noon ET, we have now rolled out Gauntlet to 50% of players! The same caveats from my previous post apply.

NOTE: The next milestone change would be Monday at the earliest. This weekend is critical to our evaluation of performance, since the size of the playerbase will be similar to the entire population. So far things look good, and we’re feeling good about rolling Gauntlet out to everyone next week!

Does it take time to hit a players account? Meaning if you dont have it at 12:00 EST then you are not one of the 50 percent?

You’ll want to fully restart your client to make sure that things are good, and you got the latest updates. If, after a full restart, it’s not showing, then the chances are good you’re not part of the current group. Sorry :(

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2016-08-26
Skyrun - 02 February 2017 05:09 PM

With which crew are you defending? I assume the fatigue crew.

I have no idea. I haven’t had time to check what happens if I leave my crew at their best or play every 4h. Looks like playing every 4h (I’m a mad tester, I already have played almost max since I got in - I don’t sleep well usually anyway) have you pop up to position 2-15. Then you drop 30-40 positions while fatigued. I wonder if this is one of those again where playing in the last 30 mins makes sense. Should not be, seems to have a ongoing victory point system. Which would mean with an immortal rate of 50/320 or whatever it is now I can get to position 30-40 at best, of 60-70 players. Without the immortal strategy and maxing best crew, hmm, no idea? Anyone care to comment what five 4-5 star can achieve?

In the beginning I won 3 in a row once. In the last three attempts I’ve won twice once. You can be twice the size of the other guy and he pulls 5 criticals. Yes, happens the other way around too. Usually it seems balanced so it might even be you need to pull 50% three times. 1/8, maybe once or twice in an event?

The rewards are abysmal. 1800 credits for a win is like a slap in the face. Hope the event end rewards give you a choice of any guy in your crew that lacks a star or something lol. THAT would have me play the gauntlet like mad. I mean, if the rewards in not only for the top position.

And then you just laugh when everyone is having like 500 points and there is one guy with 9000 points at the top. 5 * legendary with full stars?

Posted: 03 February 2017 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2016-04-15

All of the crew I have faced have been at full strength, so it would seem that other players always face your crew unfatigued.  I am currently dueling it out with another player in my group for rank 1st/2nd and even when I could tell he had just played (his points changed within a matter of half an hour) I still saw his crew at full strength when I looked for opponents.

Posted: 03 February 2017 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15
McGrizzled - 03 February 2017 01:00 PM

All of the crew I have faced have been at full strength, so it would seem that other players always face your crew unfatigued.  I am currently dueling it out with another player in my group for rank 1st/2nd and even when I could tell he had just played (his points changed within a matter of half an hour) I still saw his crew at full strength when I looked for opponents.

You’re still battling a computer.  It’s not true PvP.

Posted: 03 February 2017 02:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2016-05-18
eskimo68 - 03 February 2017 12:52 PM

The rewards are abysmal. 1800 credits for a win is like a slap in the face.

The rewards are exceptionally good, IMHO. Remember playing costs NOTHING, and you can continuously play every 4h’s with a fresh crew. You’ll need the winning streak boxes, though. Seems to me you chose the wrong crew (or possibly lack the crew that has powerful items equipped, which is what gives you proficiency).
I try to never play battles where I don’t have a clear advantage, numberwise. However, this DOES cost an awful lot of Merits, as you need to skip several selections sometimes.

eskimo68 - 03 February 2017 12:52 PM

And then you just laugh when everyone is having like 500 points and there is one guy with 9000 points at the top. 5 * legendary with full stars?

Legendary, perhaps. Full stars? Irrelevant. You need to be aware that proficiency comes EXCLUSIVELY from equipped item (expect for your L.1 starting values), so fusion level is IRRELEVANT.
This is the exact reason why I find the concept of the gauntlet great, since suddenly all your 1/5 Legendarys suddenly can have an actual use (provided you are able to level them to around L.90 or more).

Posted: 03 February 2017 03:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2016-04-17
Nod - 03 February 2017 12:38 PM
Admiral William T. Riker - 03 February 2017 12:10 PM
Nod - 03 February 2017 12:05 PM

As of Feb 3rd at Noon ET, we have now rolled out Gauntlet to 50% of players! The same caveats from my previous post apply.

NOTE: The next milestone change would be Monday at the earliest. This weekend is critical to our evaluation of performance, since the size of the playerbase will be similar to the entire population. So far things look good, and we’re feeling good about rolling Gauntlet out to everyone next week!

Does it take time to hit a players account? Meaning if you dont have it at 12:00 EST then you are not one of the 50 percent?

You’ll want to fully restart your client to make sure that things are good, and you got the latest updates. If, after a full restart, it’s not showing, then the chances are good you’re not part of the current group. Sorry :(

Any reason why you’re not targeting those who’ve paid money for the game first?
The return is already tenuous at best and continually being shafted for inclusion into these features which give additional freebies doesn’t exactly encourage future spending.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.

Posted: 03 February 2017 03:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  566
Joined  2016-07-07
Alpharius - 03 February 2017 03:10 PM

The return is already tenuous at best and continually being shafted for inclusion into these features which give additional freebies doesn’t exactly encourage future spending.

I must have missed the “Pay to get into the gauntlet early” portal.  When was it?

Signature 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler’s_fallacy

“...people expect that a short run of random outcomes should share properties of a longer run, specifically in that deviations from average should balance out”

Posted: 03 February 2017 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1658
Joined  2016-12-12
Roonis - 03 February 2017 12:26 PM
[TRF] Species 8471 - 03 February 2017 10:56 AM

I’d state again, real rewards should be rolled out to all players equally; if the gauntlet is out early for some, it should be in a test mode with no actual rewards or minimal small rewards, but I know it would fall on deaf ears as always.

A/B testing, because why should we all get to play the same game when rewards are competitive?

Why would the present ones that have it play much if there are no prizes? It’s a slow rollout not to peeve you off but because they want to stress test it before sending it out to more. I don’t think it’ll be more than a week or so before we all get it so those lucky ones get a few more prizes, it hardly detracts from your game, why take away from theirs?

While it’s only a week in this case, so I agree not to big a deal here, it’s the same type of thing where they A/B tested ship battles, and some players had a drastically harder game for 3 MONTHS, and with Ad testing when some players had ads off and on for 2 months before the public roll out.  While this specific situation isn’t egregious, they way of doing things in general and other applications were BAD.

I will take it one step further. With the hybrid (read part galaxy) event coming next weekend, if this is not rolled out to all participants in advance of the event, I’d call a real un-equalizer.

Posted: 03 February 2017 03:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18

Not a whale, but I agree that this would be a decent benefit of VIP status: let them reap the benefits of new features first! Then include lower and lower VIP levels over time. (not for everything, mind you! only for these “slow rollout” things).
The only case where this will not be possible is when they need a better “random” sampling of participating crew - if they only start with VIP 14, gauntlets will consist of 5/5 crew exclusively, so it’s not possible to test how balanced the event is when powerful crew meets averag F2P crew.

Posted: 03 February 2017 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  452
Joined  2016-04-17
Peachtree Rex - 03 February 2017 03:14 PM

I must have missed the “Pay to get into the gauntlet early” portal.  When was it?

It’s certainly NOT that little number next to VIP..

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.

Posted: 03 February 2017 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18

Back to the actual topic/collecting info about the gauntlet:

Today I got 80 chrons from a Gauntlet Box (=the smallest streak/item box) o_O I wouldn’t have guessed that 80 chrons falls into the “up to a 2* item” category, especially if you’ll usually end up with 20 chrons, and sometimes 40 (*if* you get chrons, and not one of the other reward types).

Posted: 03 February 2017 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  64
Joined  2016-02-27

Sadly no Gauntlet here. I’ve been working hard leveling my Changeling Founder to 100 FE. Barf is all I will say about that lol.

Shameless self-serving plug: if you feel like making my weekend Nod hook a brother up!

Posted: 03 February 2017 05:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2016-02-22
CaptainUnderpants - 03 February 2017 12:30 PM

+1. Isn’t there another thread discussing fairness and equality in events? What about this? This is ACTUALLY an unfair advantage.

Also, sadly, not part of the 50% :(

I don’t know how random is done by DB, but I am as of the 50% rollout 100% NEVER randomly lucky, this after 1 year of gameplay.

Posted: 03 February 2017 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2016-02-22
ajamm - 03 February 2017 05:14 PM
CaptainUnderpants - 03 February 2017 12:30 PM

+1. Isn’t there another thread discussing fairness and equality in events? What about this? This is ACTUALLY an unfair advantage.

Also, sadly, not part of the 50% :(

I don’t know how random is done by DB, but I am as of the 50% rollout 100% NEVER randomly lucky, this after 1 year of gameplay.

I am however randomly unlucky.  This past galaxy event I had crafting recipe errors and had to exit and reopen game.  2000 dilithium stolen (lost?) from my account.  CS not refunding, blaming screen overlay prob and event error on me.  I did not make any unwanted purchase, the dilithium disappeared between closing and reopen game PER POST DIRECTIONs regarding galaxy event errors.

I really can’t afford this kind of glitch.

‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
5 of 8