NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
Gauntlet Rollout Has Begun!
Posted: 02 February 2017 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  81
Joined  2016-08-26

Apparently you can get added anytime… 1d 2h left in the gauntlet I was thrown into. Maybe too many dead crew and they “filled up” with whatever garbage like me lol.

First wow was, can you win chronitons? Followed by, I hope there’s some Dilithium in some loot boxes (big chance)!

This might be fun but I sure can see you spending another “too much time” doing the climbing. Refresh crew every 4h? For two days? That’s a bit like the weekend 20+ tickets crew gets spent and you have an hour events. The only events I could finish in the top 500 but spending 15-20h per event was just insane.

Maybe the idea is that you can stop doing the stuff that does not interest you? Could be good idea. I only do arenas for two reasons… Never again drop out after two weeks and spend a month climbing back to the top. And… I get some merits and credits from the daily quests.

I’m at the stage in this game where I’m always out of credits and try to save merits. Immortalizing is heavy business.

Posted: 02 February 2017 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2016-05-24

With which crew are you defending? I assume the fatigue crew.

Posted: 02 February 2017 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14

I’d state again, real rewards should be rolled out to all players equally; if the gauntlet is out early for some, it should be in a test mode with no actual rewards or minimal small rewards, but I know it would fall on deaf ears as always.

A/B testing, because why should we all get to play the same game when rewards are competitive?

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 02 February 2017 05:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  653
Joined  2016-10-12
Roonis - 02 February 2017 05:13 PM

I’d state again, real rewards should be rolled out to all players equally; if the gauntlet is out early for some, it should be in a test mode with no actual rewards or minimal small rewards, but I know it would fall on deaf ears as always.

A/B testing, because why should we all get to play the same game when rewards are competitive?

Players that tested it received 100 chrons. Can’t speak for the other six testers, but I am not a paet of the 5% or 20%. So I get immediate disadvantage being an actual problem. I spent several hours play testing. Now, I can’t even play.

Signature 

Admiral Spear of Per Audacia Ad Astra

Posted: 02 February 2017 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2016-05-18
Skyrun - 02 February 2017 05:09 PM

With which crew are you defending? I assume the fatigue crew.

It’s definitely the 100% crew.

Posted: 02 February 2017 10:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15

Are there any crew rewards or premium portal pulls?  I know Locutus is available, but I’m curious about the chance at other crew.

Posted: 02 February 2017 10:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2016-05-07
[BL] Frank - 02 February 2017 02:59 PM

I’ve got it on my FTP account, but I couldn’t beat my own shadow with my crappy crew, let alone someone else.  I’ve enjoyed getting to see it in action first hand and learning a few things here and there.

Also, for Nod:
Would you be willing maybe at the end of the week, to give a really tiny peak behind the curtain to the community and share how many Locutuses…Locutus’s…Locutii…How many Legendary 1/5 Captain Picard as a Borg rewards have been won by the community?  I think there are plenty of people that are very interested to see that number, regardless of what it is, because it will at least prove that the main prize is in fact very winnable.  I personally know of 6 that have been won so far, but I think the larger community would like something told to them like that.

Just my .02

+1

I concur!

Posted: 03 February 2017 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  124
Joined  2016-02-22

This.  +1

Posted: 03 February 2017 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  729
Joined  2016-09-23
Crunch - 01 February 2017 10:03 PM
p377y7h33f - 01 February 2017 09:56 PM

so rank 1 gets you 7 vaults, the same vaults that you start getting after a streak of 18 wins every 3 wins?

Yes and no. There are 4 levels of streak boxes, but each appears multiple times:
3 wins - Gauntlet Box (=up to 2*)
6 wins - Gauntlet Box (=up to 2*)
9 wins - Gauntlet Chest (=up to 3*)
12 wins - Gauntlet Chest (=up to 3*)
15? wins - Gauntlet Crate (=up to 4*) (not sure, might be another Gauntlet Chest)
each +3 wins up to at least 39 - Gauntlet Crate (=up to 4*)
(42 or more) wins - Gauntlet Vault (=up to 5*) (unconfirmed)
each +3 wins - Gauntlet Vault (=up to 5*) (unclear: maybe more than one box after a while?)

Rank 1 are 7 Gauntlet Vaults.

EDIT:
It’s NOT just each box twice, the more valuable boxes come a lot more often, so you’ll need a much longer streak before you get Gauntlet Vaults. I adjusted the table above accordingly.

=> OR you’ll never get Vaults as streak rewards, only Chests - can’t confirm that, am at 39 and counting. Anybody else has infos on that?

Questions, for DB or the community, from someone not yet In:
Is Locutus only a chance in a Vault, or can he appear in Crates/Chests/Boxes (at lower odds)?

Also, can characters other than Locutus appear in rewards (e.g., a random 3* in a Chest)?

Posted: 03 February 2017 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  629
Joined  2016-11-21

Why would the present ones that have it play much if there are no prizes? It’s a slow rollout not to peeve you off but because they want to stress test it before sending it out to more. I don’t think it’ll be more than a week or so before we all get it so those lucky ones get a few more prizes, it hardly detracts from your game, why take away from theirs?

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15

As of Feb 3rd at Noon ET, we have now rolled out Gauntlet to 50% of players! The same caveats from my previous post apply.

NOTE: The next milestone change would be Monday at the earliest. This weekend is critical to our evaluation of performance, since the size of the playerbase will be similar to the entire population. So far things look good, and we’re feeling good about rolling Gauntlet out to everyone next week!

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  109
Joined  2016-06-08
Nod - 03 February 2017 12:05 PM

As of Feb 3rd at Noon ET, we have now rolled out Gauntlet to 50% of players! The same caveats from my previous post apply.

NOTE: The next milestone change would be Monday at the earliest. This weekend is critical to our evaluation of performance, since the size of the playerbase will be similar to the entire population. So far things look good, and we’re feeling good about rolling Gauntlet out to everyone next week!

Does it take time to hit a players account? Meaning if you dont have it at 12:00 EST then you are not one of the 50 percent?

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
Cadet
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2017-01-31

Questions, for DB or the community, from someone not yet In:
Is Locutus only a chance in a Vault, or can he appear in Crates/Chests/Boxes (at lower odds)?

Also, can characters other than Locutus appear in rewards (e.g., a random 3* in a Chest)?

Hi there,

- The “Rare Reward” (in this case, Locutus) can indeed be won from all types of Gauntlet Boxes. Higher tier boxes have a better chance. The only exception is the Currency Box, which only contains, well, currency.
- Characters won’t appear directly from a Gauntlet Box, but do contain Time Portal Pulls. So, that is an indirect yes.

Signature 

User Interface and Experience Designer, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  2016-07-14
[TRF] Species 8471 - 03 February 2017 10:56 AM

Why would the present ones that have it play much if there are no prizes? It’s a slow rollout not to peeve you off but because they want to stress test it before sending it out to more. I don’t think it’ll be more than a week or so before we all get it so those lucky ones get a few more prizes, it hardly detracts from your game, why take away from theirs?

While it’s only a week in this case, so I agree not to big a deal here, it’s the same type of thing where they A/B tested ship battles, and some players had a drastically harder game for 3 MONTHS, and with Ad testing when some players had ads off and on for 2 months before the public roll out.  While this specific situation isn’t egregious, they way of doing things in general and other applications were BAD.

Signature 

This week Frank and Roonis talk about extra long shuttles,  the concept of F2P pain to convert to spending customers, discuss how Odo is not a Dax, and discuss the worst Starfleet Department to work in, HR.

Brand New Twitter Page!!!! https://twitter.com/FrankAndRoonis

Posted: 03 February 2017 12:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  710
Joined  2016-08-05

+1. Isn’t there another thread discussing fairness and equality in events? What about this? This is ACTUALLY an unfair advantage.

Also, sadly, not part of the 50% :(

Signature 

This is NOT spam!

‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
4 of 8