NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
Gauntlet Rollout Has Begun!
Posted: 01 February 2017 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  674
Joined  2016-05-18
qxqx - 01 February 2017 05:44 AM
MasterSlywalker - 01 February 2017 02:15 AM

Wow just got chronitons from a gauntlet reward box <3 This changes everything!

Anyone got info on rewards for high win streaks? I keep taking dumb risks and destroying my win streak

How many did you get?

The smallest chroniton amount I got was 20 (and I think they can already be in the smallest streak boxes), I also got 40’s and 60’s.

Posted: 01 February 2017 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
SuperdDawg - 01 February 2017 09:18 PM
Crunch - 01 February 2017 09:01 PM

The Gauntlet on my second account just finished as well ...

So to clarify, you have the gauntlet in two accounts currently?

Yes, in both my accounts. Sorry ^^

Posted: 01 February 2017 09:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2016-06-16
Crunch - 01 February 2017 09:21 PM
SuperdDawg - 01 February 2017 09:18 PM
Crunch - 01 February 2017 09:01 PM

The Gauntlet on my second account just finished as well ...

So to clarify, you have the gauntlet in two accounts currently?

Yes, in both my accounts. Sorry ^^

LOL ... come on DB roll it out to everyone!  I could use extra chronitons just like everyone else.

Signature 

My Crew

Posted: 01 February 2017 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18

My first impressions: it’s quite fun, and good loot.
You get a streak box every 3 wins, and these will increase in value depending on the streak length.
The in-between-boxes are usually around 15 merits or 2000-7000 creds.
The loot boxes can contain components, equippable items, chrons, trainings, or time portals (and maybe other stuff as well?).
Item boxes can contain more than one item (but have seen that only for components so far, and then only 2).
A Gauntlet runs over 48h, but I think you may enter “late”, so you might not get the full 48h, not sure.
Crew fatigues by 20% for each use, so after 5 wins each, their stats are at 0. A lost match immediately drops them out of the race.
The first match will trigger a 4h counter, after which your team restores its stats to 100%, both for fatigued and dismissed (=the ones that lost a match) crew, and you can immediately start the next 4h interval.
The opponents you are fighting will always be the non-fatigued versions of their (randomly selected?) crew, I think.
The results for a match are pre-computed at the beginning of each match, as they use them to determine the scale of the vertical indicator bars.
Refreshing a single crew member to 100% costs 30 DIL. If you lose a match you get a one-time-offer for 50 DIL to keep your current streak (but the crew member will probably not be restored).

Posted: 01 February 2017 09:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1687
Joined  2016-09-02

so rank 1 gets you 7 vaults, the same vaults that you start getting after a streak of 18 wins every 3 wins?

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 01 February 2017 10:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
p377y7h33f - 01 February 2017 09:56 PM

so rank 1 gets you 7 vaults, the same vaults that you start getting after a streak of 18 wins every 3 wins?

Yes and no. There are 4 levels of streak boxes, but each appears multiple times:
3 wins - Gauntlet Box (=up to 2*)
6 wins - Gauntlet Box (=up to 2*)
9 wins - Gauntlet Chest (=up to 3*)
12 wins - Gauntlet Chest (=up to 3*)
15 wins - Gauntlet Crate (=up to 4*)
each +3 wins up to at least 39 - Gauntlet Crate (=up to 4*)
(42 or more) wins - Gauntlet Vault (=up to 5*) (unconfirmed)
each +3 wins - Gauntlet Vault (=up to 5*) (unclear: maybe more than one box after a while?)

Rank 1 are 7 Gauntlet Vaults.

EDIT:
It’s NOT just each box twice, the more valuable boxes come a lot more often, so you’ll need a much longer streak before you get Gauntlet Vaults. I adjusted the table above accordingly.

=> OR you’ll never get Vaults as streak rewards, only Chests - can’t confirm that, am at 39 and counting. Anybody else has infos on that?

Posted: 01 February 2017 10:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1687
Joined  2016-09-02

thanks. sounds like the two gauntlets you played started at different times on different accounts? were the traits the same? and featured skill? or is everything completely random for each 200 people?

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 01 February 2017 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
p377y7h33f - 01 February 2017 10:07 PM

thanks. sounds like the two gauntlets you played started at different times on different accounts? were the traits the same? and featured skill? or is everything completely random for each 200 people?

I entered at different times, but they both show identical counters (=will end at the same time). So probably all gauntlets start simultaneously at set intervals.
Which means (and I can confirm that) that gauntlets that are waiting for the minimum of 50 players will not get a full 48h interval.
Each gauntlet is completely independent of all other gauntlet, there is no interaction between them, and the rankings a re separate as well.

I assume featured skill+traits stay the same for each gauntlet (with up to 200 members in each), and are randomly chosen for each gauntlet.
Note there is a rather annoying bug that changes the featured skill once, AFTER you have chosen and locked your crew… -.-

Posted: 01 February 2017 11:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2016-05-07

I know this just rolled out…but has anyone scored a Locutus? He’s the giant carrot they are dangling in our direction to play in the Gauntlet…I can’t imagine that DB has made a reasonable path to attain him.

Posted: 01 February 2017 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-05-18
General McDuck - 01 February 2017 11:21 PM

I know this just rolled out…but has anyone scored a Locutus? He’s the giant carrot they are dangling in our direction to play in the Gauntlet…I can’t imagine that DB has made a reasonable path to attain him.

As I wrote above, I got a Locutus in 50% of all the gauntlets I finished :-D
Admittedly the sample size “2” is rather small, though… wink

Posted: 02 February 2017 09:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2016-05-07
Crunch - 01 February 2017 11:31 PM
General McDuck - 01 February 2017 11:21 PM

As I wrote above, I got a Locutus in 50% of all the gauntlets I finished :-D
Admittedly the sample size “2” is rather small, though… wink

Thanks…must have missed it reading through the posts.

Posted: 02 February 2017 11:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15

Gauntlet has now been rolled out to 20% of players! You will want to restart your client to make certain you get the latest updates.

Criteria remain:

—Players using the 1.7.1/1.7.0 versions.
—The 20% is randomly selected (not based on level, age, spend, etc.)
—You need to be level 10 to use Gauntlet.

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  79
Joined  2016-06-16
Nod - 02 February 2017 11:15 AM

Gauntlet has now been rolled out to 20% of players! You will want to restart your client to make certain you get the latest updates.

Still stuck in the 80% for both accounts ... any idea when it will roll out to everyone?

Signature 

My Crew

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  436
Joined  2016-04-05
SuperdDawg - 02 February 2017 02:02 PM
Nod - 02 February 2017 11:15 AM

Still stuck in the 80% for both accounts ... any idea when it will roll out to everyone?

They said that if things continue to go well, all could have it by next Friday or so. This is a much faster turnaround for all to have it, compared to the Ad rollout.

The fact that they opened it up to more so soon is a great sign.

Signature 

Andorian women are far more aggressive than Earth females. She made a… an overture. I had a choice - charge her with assaulting a superior or… mate with her.
I’d rather cohabit with Klingon targs than join forces with Tellarites!

My Immortals: 252

Posted: 02 February 2017 02:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2016-06-13

I’ve got it on my FTP account, but I couldn’t beat my own shadow with my crappy crew, let alone someone else.  I’ve enjoyed getting to see it in action first hand and learning a few things here and there.

Also, for Nod:
Would you be willing maybe at the end of the week, to give a really tiny peak behind the curtain to the community and share how many Locutuses…Locutus’s…Locutii…How many Legendary 1/5 Captain Picard as a Borg rewards have been won by the community?  I think there are plenty of people that are very interested to see that number, regardless of what it is, because it will at least prove that the main prize is in fact very winnable.  I personally know of 6 that have been won so far, but I think the larger community would like something told to them like that.

Just my .02

< 1 2 3 4 5 >  Last ›
3 of 8