NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

‹ First  < 6 7 8
Gauntlet Rollout Has Begun!
Posted: 15 February 2017 12:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2016-04-20
Captain Jello - 14 February 2017 11:34 PM

Boy, how many <snip> games of chance and low win ratio RNG rolls can this <snip> company create to try and squeeze so much of your money out of your pocket on the premise of Star Trek lovers? The gauntlet seemed like it could be fun. However, when placing a 25% or 45% crit crew with higher numbers against a 5% crit crew, and the opponent outscores you 3 out of 4 times, the game is just not fun. <snip> It’s about as fun as running three 3 hour shuttles with 88%, 91%, and 92% success chance and losing 2 out of 3. Or spinning the dabo wheel every day since it’s been out and only landing on the top row (top right) once (over what, 150+ daily spins now), and also trying to spin 6 times in a row and getting the bottom 5 and a schematic from the middle row. The .0001 chance of ever getting the 5* crew ON EACH SPIN is <snip> unbelievable and I’d rather go play the odds on a slot machine in Vegas.

Edits for moderation ~Shan

Not to be rude, but…

That was awesome!

Signature 

Are we playing a game, or is a game playing us?

Posted: 15 February 2017 01:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2016-05-07
Captain Jello - 14 February 2017 11:34 PM

Boy, how many <snip> games of chance and low win ratio RNG rolls can this <snip> company create to try and squeeze so much of your money out of your pocket on the premise of Star Trek lovers? The gauntlet seemed like it could be fun. However, when placing a 25% or 45% crit crew with higher numbers against a 5% crit crew, and the opponent outscores you 3 out of 4 times, the game is just not fun. <snip> It’s about as fun as running three 3 hour shuttles with 88%, 91%, and 92% success chance and losing 2 out of 3. Or spinning the dabo wheel every day since it’s been out and only landing on the top row (top right) once (over what, 150+ daily spins now), and also trying to spin 6 times in a row and getting the bottom 5 and a schematic from the middle row. The .0001 chance of ever getting the 5* crew ON EACH SPIN is <snip> unbelievable and I’d rather go play the odds on a slot machine in Vegas.

Edits for moderation ~Shan

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

And don’t forget about them dangling Locutus…probably the most frustrating thing about it…especially all of the drama surrounding the character.

Posted: 15 February 2017 08:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  90
Joined  2016-08-04

It couldn’t be more obvious that the RNG favors the defender, in the last 2 rounds of my current gauntlet I’ve lost 7/8 matches to 5%ers getting a crit while my 25%er doesn’t land a single one.  Twice those 5%ers have hit TWICE out of 3 times, utter crap.

Signature 

‹ First  < 6 7 8
8 of 8