NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 3 >  Last ›
Gauntlet Rollout Has Begun!
Posted: 31 January 2017 04:42 PM   [ Ignore ]  
STT Command
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3840
Joined  2013-05-15

Hey folks,

Letting you know that we started rolling out Gauntlet to some players today! We’re starting with around 5% of players today, and we’re already seeing players competing in their Gauntlets. Assuming performance remains good, we’ll be rolling out Gauntlet to more players in the next days.

What do you need to do to qualify for Gauntlet?

Just update your client to the latest version (1.7.1 on Android, 1.7.0 on iOS). Without the latest build you won’t be able to access Gauntlet even if you’re in the first 5%. After that, completely close and re-open your game client - this will refresh your data. If you’re eligible, you’ll see the Gauntlet icon next to the Time Portal. If not, there will be a hole there.

Why are you rolling out Gauntlet to only a small number of players?

This is done as a sanity check to make certain no game-breaking bugs or performance issues crop up. Despite our best efforts, sometimes an issue pops up. This may be a performance problem that only occurs under load; sometimes it’s a server error that’s not caught in testing. Rolling out features slowly lets us make certain that everything performs well under load. If things go well, we accelerate the rollout so it goes to more players faster.

We revisit the performance and size of the test group each morning. If all goes well with Gauntlet, we expect Gauntlet to be rolled out to all players by the start of next week.

Anything else about Gauntlet?

Remember that Gauntlets have a minimum size of 50 players, and a maximum size of 200 players. If you get a message saying you’re waiting for opponents, that means your specific Gauntlet hasn’t hit the minimum yet. Come back periodically to see if you’ve met the minimum.

Also remember that the rewards you get from win streaks may be as good or better than your ranking rewards, especially if you are in a very competitive Gauntlet. Sandbagging it may be a better choice than competing for the top ranks!

And lastly, remember that your crew’s skill proficiency matters, but so do their traits! I’ve been beaten by numerically inferior foes who had a 65% crit chance; it was pretty impressive.

Lastly, you need to be level 10 to use the Gauntlet.

Thanks for understanding, and good luck!

UPDATE: As of Feb 2 at 11:15am ET, Gauntlet is now rolled out to 20% of players.

UPDATE: As of Feb 3 at 12:00pm ET, Gauntlet is now rolled out to 50% of players.

Signature 

Nod
Product Manager, Star Trek Timelines

Posted: 31 January 2017 04:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2016-04-16

Thank-you for the information Nod grin

Signature 

= EXODUS =

Posted: 31 January 2017 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  301
Joined  2016-10-17

Phased rollout for QC purposes appreciated. Hopefully this rollout starts with VIP14 and works down.

Posted: 31 January 2017 07:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2763
Joined  2015-12-05

It’s very good to know you plan to release it to everyone next week.

Happy testing.

Signature 

Minor contributor to the STT Wiki

Posted: 31 January 2017 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2016-06-26

I am the 95%.

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1687
Joined  2016-09-02

has anyone on the forums hit the 5%? all my accounts got holes. would be nice to see some high quality video of a few rounds, or at least some screen grabs.

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2017-01-31

It’s running for me but I seem to be competing against people 10-25 levels above me… I’m losing a lot.

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  412
Joined  2016-05-07
Boxy McBoxface - 31 January 2017 10:11 PM

It’s running for me but I seem to be competing against people 10-25 levels above me… I’m losing a lot.

This is what I was wondering about this new feature…

I would assume that the high VIP players who have invested in this game and have a large crew, many whom are FF/FE would have a significant advantage over F2P players and players with a lower VIP level. From what I gather, there aren’t different “arenas” - you are just up against anyone…which could be a large group of VIP 14 whales…...

I get how traits and bonus rolls factor in, but it still seems like things can easily be stacked against you.

Time will tell how uneven this feature really is.

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-09-02
General McDuck - 31 January 2017 10:18 PM
Boxy McBoxface - 31 January 2017 10:11 PM

This is what I was wondering about this new feature…

I would assume that the high VIP players who have invested in this game and have a large crew, many whom are FF/FE would have a significant advantage over F2P players and players with a lower VIP level. From what I gather, there aren’t different “arenas” - you are just up against anyone…which could be a large group of VIP 14 whales…...

I get how traits and bonus rolls factor in, but it still seems like things can easily be stacked against you.

Time will tell how uneven this feature really is.

Nod answered my question on the stream, that each group is filled on a first come first served basis, and that no other criteria are in play at the moment. VIP 14 or not, you shouldn’t need more than a handful of solid 1/5’s and good trait variety. not to mention RNG could swing either way.

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2017-01-31

this is an easy round for me

Image Attachments
gauntlet.jpg

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2017-01-31
p377y7h33f - 31 January 2017 10:24 PM

not to mention RNG could swing either way.

The RNG is pretty insane - random crits on high roll (out of 3) means I can win a round with a vastly inferior character that happens to hit 2 good RNG’s

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-09-02

can you post an image of the top of the leaderboards?

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2016-12-28

Interested to see how this turns out.  Hopefully people will post information in forums.

Signature 

A committee is a cul-de-sac,  down which good ideas are lured, and quietly strangled…

[BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine

Top 25 Event Finishes:  Resistance; #15….They Came From The Holodeck; #17

52 5/5 and FE; 87 4/4 and FE; 218 Immortalized

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Yeoman
RankRank
Joined  2017-01-31

top 7 atm

Image Attachments
gauntlet2.jpg

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-09-02

thanks! looks like it started yesterday afternoon(EDIT: 7PM ET), so hopefully more spots open up tomorrow.

Signature 

“the village is strong!”

Posted: 31 January 2017 10:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2016-06-15
Boxy McBoxface - 31 January 2017 10:30 PM

top 7 atm

Please keep us posted.  I’m especially curious what the prizes look like.  Hopefully they’ll be worth more than PvP prizes.

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 8