NOTICE: NEW FORUMS

We are excited to share with you our brand-new and improved Disruptor Beam forums!

We've chosen new forum software that brings added functionality to improve your experience, including increased spam management. Your username details have been carried over, so you should be able to login with your old forum details without issue. For our veteran community members, you'll see that we have many of the thread categories you’re used to, so we hope you'll feel right at home there.

Our new forums are located here: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/

1 2 > 
Poll
Which of the following characters would you most like to see in Timelines?
Robert April 9
Tal Celes 7
J.M. Colt 9
Mila 10
Patrick 16
George Primmin 5
Selar 37
Cortan Zweller 7
Total Votes: 100
You must be a logged-in member to vote
Poll: New Characters XXV - The Final Frontier
Posted: 03 November 2016 07:38 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  747
Joined  2016-07-18

This is the latest character poll based on the wishlist thread (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/47645/P165/). I know with crew slot limitations we don’t exactly need a bunch of new crew, but they keep rolling them out anyway, so it doesn’t hurt to let our favourites be known. Thanks to Memory Alpha as a resource for both photos and information.

This is the last of 25 polls on new characters. As of today, we’ll have considered 200 characters not originally in the game at the start of these polls. Our next poll will be the first in a series of playoff polls between the top finishers over the course of our run.

Robert April (TAS). Captain April oversaw the construction of the Enterprise, and was its first commanding officer. Upon the successful completion of his five-year mission, he was promoted to Commodore. Likely skills: Command, Engineering

Tal Celes (VOY). A Starfleet sensor analyst on Voyager, Crewman Celes felt inadequate and that she had only made it through Starfleet Academy because of her Bajoran heritage. Seven of Nine has problems with her performance. Likely skills: Science, Engineering

J.M. Colt (TOS). Yeoman Colt was a Starfleet crewmember assigned to the USS Enterprise under Captain Christopher Pike. Likely skills: Security, Command

Mila (DS9). The housekeeper and confidant of Enabran Tain, and also the mother of Elim Garak. Mila concealed Garak, Legate Damar and Commander Kira from the Dominion during the Cardassian resistance. Likely skills: Diplomacy

Patrick (DS9). Patrick was a Human Augment, one of a group four under Starfleet psychiatric care. His genetic engineering gave him exceptional intelligence, but left him with a childishly simple disposition.  He offered unique insights into Dominion strategy during their war with the Federation. Likely skills: Science

George Primmin (DS9). Lieutenant Primmin was a Starfleet security officer who was temporarily assigned to Deep Space Nine. He and Constable Odo clashed over jurisdiction before eventually working together. Likely skills: Security, Command

Selar (TNG). Lieutenant Selar was a Vulcan doctor who served aboard the Enterprise. She served under both Katherine Pulaski and Beverley Crusher. Likely skills: Medicine, Science

Cortan Zweller (TNG). Ensign Zweller was a friend of Jean-Luc Picard when Picard was still at Starfleet Academy. He was responsible for sparking a bar fight which led to Picard being stabbed in the heart. Likely skills: Engineering, Security.

- Previous winners: Robin Lefler, Christopher Pike, Enabran Tain, Number One, Borg Queen, Lewis Zimmerman, The Traveler, Guinan, Icheb, Edward Jellico, Harry Mudd, Pendari Champion, Kilana, M’Ress, Ilia, William Ross, Elizabeth Cutler, T’Pau

- Since added to game: Sarek, General Chang, K’Ehleyr, Gorn Captain, Tolian Soran, Commander Kelby, Lon Suder, Ardra, Lily Sloane, Forra Gegen, Richard Castillo

- If you haven’t already, please consider voting in our two active polls. The first (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/56984) features a tight race between Armus and Admiral Cartwright while the second (https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/57037/) is a nice chance to throw in a protest vote for someone other than Amanda Rogers.

Image Attachments
Poll_25.jpg

Posted: 03 November 2016 07:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2016-03-04

Sorry Patrick, but really had to pick Selar here.

Signature 

[9RS | Combs] Kilana
9RS fleet is recruiting! Contact me for more information.

Posted: 03 November 2016 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3155
Joined  2016-01-30

Selar because the game needs all characters Suzie Plakson played. We already have her as K’Ehleyr.
Now all we beed is Selar, Female Q, and Tarah the Andorian.

Posted: 03 November 2016 09:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1191
Joined  2016-02-04

That’s a stupid question!

Signature 

Disruptor Beam at court, the court of silence.

VIP 12

Admiral of the 7th Tactical Wing

Member of the VIP 0 Heroes as Darmok Mk 0.5

Posted: 03 November 2016 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Ensign
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  141
Joined  2016-10-15

Selar, even though she only appeared once, she was referenced often.

Posted: 06 November 2016 01:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-18

Final push on this one, which is the last poll that needs to expire before our playoff round.

Right now included characters for the playoff round look like this:

Poll winners (21): Edward Jellico, Borg Queen, Guinan, Enabran Tain, William Ross, Harry Mudd, Robin Lefler, Icheb, Ilia, Lewis Zimmerman, Kilana, Pendari Champion, Christopher Pike, M’Ress, The Traveler, T’Pau, Number One, Elizabeth Cutler, Armus, Amanda Rogers, winner of this poll

I’m debating knocking Robin Lefler off that list now that we know she’s coming to the game in a few weeks:

One of these days! Your suggestions (all of you) do make it into the game - Quinn’s Robin Lefler is coming in a few weeks.

If I do, that will leave 12 spots for high finishers in polls; if not, 11 spots.

High finishers (11 at the moment): Shelby, Vic Fontaine, Cartwright, Ishka (Moogie), One, Valeris, Talas, M’Benga, Lal, Alynna Nechayev, Mot

Posted: 06 November 2016 01:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-04
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 06 November 2016 01:07 PM

Final push on this one, which is the last poll that needs to expire before our playoff round.

Poll winners (21): Edward Jellico, Borg Queen, Guinan, Enabran Tain, William Ross, Harry Mudd, Robin Lefler, Icheb, Ilia, Lewis Zimmerman, Kilana, Pendari Champion, Christopher Pike, M’Ress, The Traveler, T’Pau, Number One, Elizabeth Cutler, Armus, Amanda Rogers, winner of this poll

I’m debating knocking Robin Lefler off that list now that we know she’s coming to the game in a few weeks:

One of these days! Your suggestions (all of you) do make it into the game - Quinn’s Robin Lefler is coming in a few weeks.

If I do, that will leave 12 spots for high finishers in polls; if not, 11 spots.

High finishers (11 at the moment): Shelby, Vic Fontaine, Cartwright, Ishka (Moogie), One, Valeris, Talas, M’Benga, Lal, Alynna Nechayev, Mot

I vote to knock Lefler out of the poll and add another high finisher instead.

Signature 

VIP 12

Posted: 06 November 2016 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2016-03-04
[FF] Vice Admiral Nairne - 06 November 2016 01:07 PM

Poll winners (21): Edward Jellico, Borg Queen, Guinan, Enabran Tain,

Enabran Tain was just added to the game, and I think Lefler should be left out since she is confirmed.

Signature 

[9RS | Combs] Kilana
9RS fleet is recruiting! Contact me for more information.

Posted: 06 November 2016 02:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2016-08-07

Selar is an easy choice. Cadet, Female, Alien, Starfleet, Doctor. Yes. Also, second on adding more of this actress’s characters.

Signature 

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
-Lord Wizzlestix I

Posted: 06 November 2016 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  324
Joined  2016-03-10

That’s a stupid question!

https://youtu.be/daYKTvCBNz8

Signature 

*ST* Dierk3er
STARS - German Star Trek Timelines Fleet

Posted: 06 November 2016 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-07-18

I was leaning toward bumping Lefler out, so that sounds good. Good catch on Enabran Tain, Kilana - no idea how I missed that, thanks.

Posted: 06 November 2016 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  612
Joined  2016-01-17

Has to be Selar, surely no one would disagree

Signature 

“The definition of insanity* is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

* Star Trek Timelines

Fleet: Quark’s Holosuite

My Line Group

My Level 100 Crew

Posted: 06 November 2016 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1155
Joined  2016-05-29

I have a soft spot for Yeoman Colt, so she got my vote. She resonated with me when the Talosian remarked that she’s been attracted to Captain Pike but had dismissed it as out of reach, and tried not to think about it until that situation made it appear possible for the first time. The way that Laurel Goodwin played that scene, quietly looking away with embarrassment, hit home. I know what it’s like to have my heart sink that way. And I love that she copes with the humiliation by trying to step up her professional game and be the best damn yeoman Captain Pike could have with him at that moment. There’s also something kind of refreshing about the emotional honesty of her pseudo-rivalry with Number One. That part definitely is *not* professional, but it rings true.

All that said, the idea of a 2* Dr. Selar, eligible for all three cadet challenges and capable of clearing that notorious Epic level MED node, is awfully enticing!

Signature 

Fleet Recruitment Info: Attack of the Crohn’s
Advice Threads:
Riker’s Angels: Sito/Seska/Pazlar | Crew Dismissal Advice | Behold! Advice | #JusticeForGeordi

Posted: 06 November 2016 11:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
Lieutenant
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  419
Joined  2016-05-20

I voted for Robert April as I’m of the mind that we ought to have all the captains of any of the Enterprises in the game. So I’d like to see April, Pike, Harriman, and Garrett all be in the game.

Posted: 07 November 2016 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Commander
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2016-02-04

Based on projected seeds, I predict a win for the Borg Queen over Guinan. I think Guinan would win the whole thing, if not for the fact that the people voting are aware that there is a rights issue with using Whoopi’s likeness.

Eliminated in Final Four: Lewis Zimmerman, Harry Mudd

Eliminated in Elite Eight: Captain Christopher Pike, The Traveler, Lt Commander Shelby, Kilana

Eliminated in Sweet Sixteen: Number One, Armus, Ishka, T’Pau, Vic Fontaine, Selar, One, Amanda Rogers

Eliminated in First Round: Chancellor Gorkon, Crewman Cutler, Pendari Champ, Valeris, Mot the Barber, M’Ress, Captain Edward Jellico, Lal, Trelane, Ilia, Icheb, M’Benga, Admiral Alynna Nechayev, Admiral William Ross, Admiral Cartwright, Talas

Signature 

VIP 12

Posted: 07 November 2016 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Lieutenant Commander
RankRankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  647
Joined  2016-08-07
DaiMon Darmok - 07 November 2016 10:38 AM

Based on projected seeds, I predict a win for the Borg Queen over Guinan. I think Guinan would win the whole thing, if not for the fact that the people voting are aware that there is a rights issue with using Whoopi’s likeness.

Image Attachments
Guinan,_age_12.jpg
 Signature 

Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
-Lord Wizzlestix I

1 2 > 
1 of 2